[Q] How to fix android market? (error processing purchase)

Search This thread

codestation

Dec 18, 2011
Some days ago I flashed a ICS Rom, all went good but the only thing that i noticed was that my phone name had changed to lt18i in the market. Today I decided to go back to my previous GB Rom so I restored it from my nandroid backup. Now my phone is still identified as a lt18i and cannot download anything from the market. I tried to wipe the app data of the play store app but didn't do anything. Also the remote download from the pc doesn't work at all.

What other things I could try? I really want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

EDIT: Found a solution, i moved/deleted the /data/system/accounts.db, wiped the app data from the Play Store and restarted the phone, added my google account again and the market updated my device name and the downloads are working again.

Sent from my LT15i using XDA

Last edited:

zombieguy85

Feb 20, 2011
Waco ,tx
Some days ago I flashed a ICS Rom, all went good but the only thing that i noticed was that my phone name had changed to lt18i in the market. Today I decided to go back to my previous GB Rom so I restored it from my nandroid backup. Now my phone is still identified as a lt18i and cannot download anything from the market. I tried to wipe the app data of the play store app but didn't do anything. Also the remote download from the pc doesn't work at all.

What other things I could try? I really want to avoid a factory reset if possible.

EDIT: Found a solution, i moved the /data/system/accounts.db, wiped the app data from the Play Store and restarted the phone, added my google account again and the marked updated my device name and the downloads are working again.

Thanks so much man this helped me on my inspire everything is working again. SHOULD BE stickied

klatu375

Oct 24, 2010
EDIT: Found a solution, i moved the /data/system/accounts.db, wiped the app data from the Play Store and restarted the phone, added my google account again and the marked updated my device name and the downloads are working again.

I just tried this solution for my HTC Incredible 2 and it worked flawlessly. I'm currently running ICS 4.0.4 from Aeroevan's CM9 build. I tried clearing the data from the market and download manager as well as trying the "killall drmserver" fix, which has worked before. This here did the trick. I wonder if removing and readding the accounts from "Accounts & Sync" would've worked as well? I'll try that next time if it happens again.

Thank you.

Last edited:

flexsm

Mar 30, 2012
I just tried this solution for my HTC Incredible 2 and it worked flawlessly. I'm currently running ICS 4.0.4 from Aeroevan's CM9 build. I tried clearing the data from the market and download manager as well as trying the "killall drmserver" fix, which has worked before. This here did the trick. I wonder if removing and readding the accounts from "Accounts & Sync" would've worked as well? I'll try that next time if it happens again.

Thank you.

Just got the purchasing error from market and tried removing my account from Accounts & Sync. Phone gave me this warning:

This account is required by some applications. You can only remove it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data.). You do that in the Settings application, under Privacy.

Gutterball

Dec 24, 2010
New Jersey
This worked for me too after changing around my apns. My market started giving off that error. Then I did your fix and now market/playstore is perfect again! Thanks! By the way you have to do the whole fix! You cant just delete your account in accounts and sync settings cause that doesn't work I tried.

tonyperez0

Feb 14, 2010
Orlando
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Now, on my phone I tried to find /data/system/accounts.db in astro & other file explorer but couldn't find it. Not in root or SD. I see a data folder in root, but there is no folder in it.

I also don't see the option to remove acct data in play store options. I'm getting relatively better this stuff but I can't find the options detailed.

A bit of elaboration please?

CyberEvo

Apr 16, 2012
Now, on my phone I tried to find /data/system/accounts.db in astro & other file explorer but couldn't find it. Not in root or SD. I see a data folder in root, but there is no folder in it.

I also don't see the option to remove acct data in play store options. I'm getting relatively better this stuff but I can't find the options detailed.

A bit of elaboration please?

Did you root your device?

I tried to use astro and root explore, if no superuser(root), you can't see things in /data

Left side :Screen shot (unroot)
Right side: Screen shot (rooted)

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-04-16_1539.jpg
    screenshot_2012-04-16_1539.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 196
  • screenshot_2012-04-16_1539_1.jpg
    screenshot_2012-04-16_1539_1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 258
C

cesjr02

I just ran into this problem, hoping it will work on my tablet. When you say you moved the /data/system/accounts.db, what do you mean. Where did you move it to? Or do you mean you removed/deleted that file. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I figured it out. Deleting the file did the trick. Thanks again

Last edited:

DaveKap

Jan 14, 2012
Unfortunately this process didn't work for me. The various market fixing apps on the market don't work either (it's hard enough just trying to find their .apks since I can't download them over the market) and my CleanRom lost its keyboard and launch buttons thanks to trying this method. Looks like I'll have to wipe the device tonight. *sigh*

Edit: Dalvik and cache wiping fixed it for me.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2011
I fixed this issue by making sure I was logged into Talk. The app wouldn't open so I uninstalled the update and then it ran fine, and the problem went away.

kwstas268

Jun 20, 2012

EDIT: Found a solution, i moved/deleted the /data/system/accounts.db, wiped the app data from the Play Store and restarted the phone, added my google account again and the market updated my device name and the downloads are working again.

You are my god! Worked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This problem arose for me last night.

Fixed it by reinstalling 3.1.5 Market update.

Cache wipes did not help in any capacity.

Downloaded Market update file from www.arctablet.com/assets/apps/Android_Market_v3.1.5.apk

Probably a million places to find it but hope the link helps someone out.

:)