[THEME][VERSION-4][CM11]Android L Theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saintextreme97

Dec 13, 2012
Hey why does your notification shade look like L but mine doesnt? just installed the theme, using Paranoid like you(i see hover button) what could i be doing wrong?

Are you by any chance using ART? I noticed that while using ART the theming of the notification shade isn't really working.

I'm using art did you restart it after you applied the theme at first mine didn't work then I restarted it replied the theme and restarted it again then it worked fine

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

TLDR: this problem can be easily solved with a few steps

He's a sick kid maybe he didn't know better I'm just assuming this but its still wrong what he did to a point major software and hardware companies do similar things on a daily basis so OP give credit on the first post it'll be the best way to resolve the problem along with admiring guilt directly to the other person and then asking him for the rights but if he says no scrap what you have and start over sometimes that's all you need to do

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dvm84

Jun 16, 2014
Please guys try not to discuss what happened and try to encourage @PixCM instead of making useless comments. Appreciate for him being a cool dude and taking a step and making a theme before anyone else did. TRY TO APPRECIATE HIS WORK for what he did till version 3 and not what happened with version 4.

Thanks. ~_~

SRGFernandez

Jun 30, 2014

Hello!

l-dev-prev.png
Today I am here with the Android L theme, for CM11 theme chooser. This theme will work with all the other ROMs having the theme chooser.

Features :
1. Flat Design
2. Coloured action Bars
3. Themed action bar, buttons
4. New font
5. New navigation bar Icons
6. New Network Indicators
7. New wallpaper
8. New keyboard [Removed in v2]
9. Themed Calculator
10. New colors in each app
11. New bootanimation
12. Notification sound from L release
13. Ringtone from L release
14. Lockscreen wallpapers
15. Some more changes
16. Transparent SystemUI

More apps

1. New keyboard (not the theme feature, get it from here.)

Downloads in 2nd Post and Screenshots in 3rd post :)

If you like my work, please rate and press thanks :)

Looks Great just one problem with the bootloader, it doesn't show up at all when turning on my phone. Would like to see a fix in that but it's still the best and closest thing we withput a nexus 5 and 7 can get to the newest Android Version.

Reactions: Frecciablu(2)

smokin901

The work it claimed to have stolen from is not even half done. This theme right here was complete except for minor bugs here and there...just saying. Taking someone's else work and improving it shouldn't be considered stealing. Kanging ≠ Stealing.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Dev, as you continue this project please consider implementing yellow switches like in Android L theme.
Don;t talk like an Apple lawyer.

Complete or not someone else's work was used without the credit. OP should have atleast mentioned his name.

Nothing is more disheartening than someone else claiming the credit for your work.

Coming back to original topic

Theme is nicely done using it on my one X

Last edited:
Reactions: exwan

Piemo

Oct 31, 2010
EDIT: ERROR

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited:

elhugo3

Jan 18, 2011

Hello!

l-dev-prev.png
Today I am here with the Android L theme, for CM11 theme chooser. This theme will work with all the other ROMs having the theme chooser.

Features :
1. Flat Design
2. Coloured action Bars
3. Themed action bar, buttons
4. New font
5. New navigation bar Icons
6. New Network Indicators
7. New wallpaper
8. New keyboard [Removed in v2]
9. Themed Calculator
10. New colors in each app
11. New bootanimation
12. Notification sound from L release
13. Ringtone from L release
14. Lockscreen wallpapers
15. Some more changes
16. Transparent SystemUI

More apps

1. New keyboard (not the theme feature, get it from here.)

Downloads in 2nd Post and Screenshots in 3rd post :)

If you like my work, please rate and press thanks :)
Thanks a lot!!!! I hope you can ad when up the volume for example the bar it's yellow.

adriano3

Apr 8, 2009
Hi everyone! I'm on temasek v50 rom (the latest one) and the latest yank kernel, but I can't get the theme to show up in the theme chooser. Today I had also flashed the latest cyanogen rom and I got it to show up, but then I decided to go back to temasek rom even if I would love to use the theme. Does anyone know how to make the theme appear in theme chooser??
Thanks in advance

dannyella

Jan 23, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S9
Don;t talk like an Apple lawyer.

Complete or not someone else's work was used without the credit. OP should have atleast mentioned his name.

Nothing is more disheartening than someone else claiming the credit for your work.

Coming back to original topic

Theme is nicely done using it on my one X
OP is just a kid. He's just 15, you know that right? A lot of ROMs are thet are kanged without credit to original rom. I know many roms with one or two features kanged from CM without credit to CM. Look how many people kanged Moonshine icons. I haven't seen anyone ***** about. Again.
OP said he'll make another, so no need to drag this. Rom was good before v4 so...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hellscythe

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
@dannyella That is no excuse, I'm just a year older than him and know better? Doesn't make sense. I was actually liking his style of Android L but it saddened me when I saw him copying someone else's project.

It would've been a slightly less concerning matter if he had credited them.

But yeah, @PixCM you're good, your theme was perfectly fine. But when you take someone else's work you're just letting yourself down because you know you didn't do it. Make something you know you did and when you know people use it. You feel fantastic. Anyways, I better stop dragging this on as it'll cause more issues.

Keep up the good work OP and looking forward to seeing new projects soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcoms and exwan

juliusedward

Aug 10, 2010
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I am seeing problem to set custom fonts with this theme. I use iFont and after setting a new font and reboot, there is no change

CM11 nightly on Nexus 4

Last edited:

trein91

Jun 14, 2012
Hi everyone! I'm on temasek v50 rom (the latest one) and the latest yank kernel, but I can't get the theme to show up in the theme chooser. Today I had also flashed the latest cyanogen rom and I got it to show up, but then I decided to go back to temasek rom even if I would love to use the theme. Does anyone know how to make the theme appear in theme chooser??
Thanks in advance

Lol you. Latest temasek version is v106. No clue why you had to lie and say it was latest version. V50 does not even have the new theme chooser.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

freakzapster

Jan 29, 2013
ONE REQUEST PIXCM TRANSPARENT STATUS BAR IS NOT LOOKING GOOD PLEASE MAKE IT OPAQUE
REST YOU'RE THEME ROCKS
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent From My Xperia L

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Damn, he's account is ded.
Ohwell, hope the other guy keeps working on the theme.

http://goo.gl/JWz46v This is the original developers link for the theme. He has released an alpha and will be working on this.

CM is open sourced, and the devs are encouraging other devs to use and spread these features.

Meanwhile OP reverse engineered a closed apk, stole the resources without giving credit, uploaded them as his own work, and when he got caught, he just went "all right guise, i will do another version then xDDD"

So basicly this case is the exact opposite of what you said.

I'm with you there. But the OP got banned so I don't know what happened there.

Reactions: androidobsessed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm closing this thread until the OP comes back, considering the thread keeps getting derailed into petty arguments. As to why the OP was banned, you can read more about XDA's banning policy here.
    Will it work on Touchwiz or cm like theming engine needed?
    qugete6y.jpg

a7epuvum.jpg

aduve6u8.jpg
    V4 has been removed from the OP because it contains material taken from this theme (by XDA member Koulis2000) without permission.

The thread was temporarily closed while I cleaned up some things. It's now reopened, but please refrain from linking to V4. If you have any general questions, feel free to PM me.
    This Theme is way better than the one it appears to be "stolen" from.

Just waiting for next release. Here is what i recognized broken so far:
    - Some Icons in Settings are missing
    - Dialogs looks ugly. Grey font on grey background with grey dividers. Ugh
    - Volume sliders are still unthemed (i don´t know if thats supposed to be)
    - Some Buttons are weird loking. E.g "uninstall" button in Settings.

Great work. Keep it up and settle things with the other themer so that things will go smoothly. I love this.
    We tried hard not to discuss this on the thread to avoid issues but im no special person where I can just say things. But right now I think I can and have every right.

As you see, there is a major difference between version 3 and 4. The jump is such a big change. If you compare the screenshots from @Koulis2000 theme. You'll see that its an exact replica. But wait there is even more, the bugs are exactly the same as his theme as he said its a pretty early release which is why there was at least 10 whole pages of bugs being reported on this thread which was already reported on the Google+ page. If you have the initiative to decompile both .apk's then do so, compare it with the original themers, its an exact replica. You can basically drag @PixCM images over @Koulis2000 and it will match perfectly.
    So the images were ripped from the original themers theme.

So stop trying to wave something that actually happened. It sucks having your work taken with absolutely no credit being given.

I will give props to the OP for remaining calm and continuing with the theme in an way where he/she can rebuild the theme. (Ofc without using someone else's work). End of rant.

Edit - Lol and to people that think its fair to take his work and modify it and get credit isn't fair. He didn't even credit the original themer. So how is this unfair, just saying. Not giving credits is somewhat frowned upon.
    Just wondering. How could you tell?
    I decompiled both APKs and checked duplicate files, then checked again with the Android L system dump. All of the assets in Koulis2000's APK were added in the V4 APK (approximately 200 files). Out of those, around 40 were available in the system dump - the rest were original/modified material.
    Note that I actually mean an exact duplicate when I say "duplicate". The MD5 signature was the same for those files. Naturally, you can check that yourself if you have the APKs.