[Discussion] Android 7 Nougat

Search This thread

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Android Nougat 7.x Discussion
Android_Nougat.jpg

I decided to make new thread where we can discuss everything connected with Android 7.x
LineageOS, Pixel launcher, Audio and UI mods, Xposed Framework.Any guides, mods, links and etc connected with the Nougat will be really appreciated.

Hail Team-M8 and #LongLiveM8​

ROMs

*LineageOS 14.1
Official Site: LINK
MicroG Project LINK

*[ROM] [WEEKLY] LineageOS eXtended 14.1
This is stock LineageOS, kind of, but with more options for personalization that are missing in the stock LineageOS. Read more in the original thread.

*LineageOS 14.1 [Team-M8] [UNOFFICIAL]
LineageOS build by Team-M8.Thanks to them now we can run nougat on our phone.They brin CyanogenMod/LineageOS to our phones.

*Resurrection Remix [MAGISK] [OMS]
Features:LINK
Video Review: HERE
The most customizable nougat ROM for HTC One M8.A lot of options, animations and etc.You can choose between Pixel Launcher and Trebuchet.I personally now use Nova Launcher.I recommended this rom

*Slim7
Features:LINK
Are you tired of all apps, stuff that comes with the ROM and you don't need? Try Slim7! It supposes to be with less (debloated) so you can choose what you want. And faster also.

* **crDroid**[OMS]
Pretty fast and stable ROM, for those who don't need tons of options.What I notice here is when app crash there's no notification disappear, maybe is for the better maybe not, just to let you know.You may want to be careful with Substratum, can make it laggy

* XenonHD 7.1 [OMS]
Screenshots: LINK
In the original thread name there isn't any more ALPHA but as I see in rom files names still have "experimental" so you have expecting bugs.Anyway this rom have one pretty cool animations that none of the rest has. https://i1.wp.com/androidjhol.net/w...nimation-nexus-e1480126161233.jpg?fit=511,248

* AICP 12.1 [NIGHTLY] [MAGISK] [OMS]
Official Site:LINK
Finally AICP official nightly!
This rom is FAST, stable with a lot of options for personalizing! Amazing header options that don't present in other roms, GREAT battery life, and awesome OTA updates that downloading pretty fast and can be installed with 2 clicks.Team ACIP and mihran_thalhath did awesome job with this rom.I'm currently on it

How to use the rom without magisk see in this post
AICP for Canadian users HERE

* Official Mokee Open Source Project [NIGHTLY]
About the rom:
MoKee Open Source is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.
A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion…

*AOKP [NIGHTLY]

AOKP Basketbuild : LINK
AOKP XDA : LINK
What is AOKP?
AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project. It is a custom ROM distribution for several high-end Android devices. The name is a play on the word kang and AOSP (Android Open Source Project). The name was sort of a joke, but it just stuck, just like our infatuation with unicorns.

We fork the source code of Android that Google puts out in the open with every major version release, and we then add the magical unicorn bytes (read: we add some of the coolest features that are both useful and make your ROM awesome).

With AOKP, you can generally do a lot more with your device than what you could do with the original firmware that came installed on it.

* BeanStalk
I see users report that there's no bootloop with this rom if your are Canadian user.

*CypherOS
Link to XDA thread LINK
Screenshots CLICK provided by@dove_g
Video review, thanks to @abdulwakil LINK
This is Cypher. An extension to pure Android. Cypher tries maintain the purity of Android while offering useful features for users. The goal is to give the highest level of performance whilst achieving Simplicity.

*VanirAOSP [NIGHTLY]
Official Site:LINK
Features: LINK
VanirAOSP is a project coded by professional level developers and supported by the open source community that focus on bringing in improved versions of common features and improvements found in open source while focusing on writing new improvements and original coding with the highest standards

HTC One M8 Dual SIM Support ROMs

*[OFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 [Weeklies]

*Resurrection Remix
*[LOS-based] **crDroid**

UNOFFICIAL ROMs with OMS (Substratum) support
by @mihran_thalhath
All credits to *mihran_thalhath.

Mihran's AFH folder AFH

*XOSP[BETA]
XOSP, which stands for the Xperia Open Source Project is a project based on CyanogenMod and the main idea of this ROM is to create a custom minimal Xperia oriented experience, by including the essential things which a user would ever use from a ROM.
My opinion is, that this is very beautiful, fast and stable rom and you should give it a try.

What's working:
RIL
Bluetooth
Wi-Fi
Mobile Data
Mobile HotSpot
Camera
Video Recording
In a short way, everything general is working.
Bugs:
I didn't find any :p
Post in the comments if you find any bugs.

Screenshots HERE
Instructions:
1.Flash the ROM XOSP
2.Flash GAPP's (Optional) [PICO / MIRROR]
3.Flash XOSPApps (Optional) XOSPApps I used this ,didn't had any problems.This is mirror.
Original link for XOSPApps here downloads.xosp.org
Also mirror for all stuff by me here MIRROR Can't say you need the fix for BateryAdviser or not.

*AOSCP
This should work also for Canadian users.

*CosmicOS
*ZephyrOS
*Slim7
*AICP 12.1
*TipsyOS [TEST BUILD]
Fast,stable. Screenshots HERE

*AOSP Extended v3.3
*OctOS-N [BETA][OMS]
*CypherOS (AOSCP) rev-3.6 [BETA]
*RESURRECTION REMIX UPDATED
*AOSiP

Kernels

*HTC One M8 Kernel Discussion
Recomendend kernel app Kernel Adiutor-Mod
--------------------------------
*Team-M8 Kernel
*Team-M8 1.2.1
Unofficial versions of Team-M8 kernel by Mihran
* Team-M8 1.2.2
* Team-M8 1.3
* Team-M8 1.4
* Team-M8 1.4.1
* Team-M8 1.5
Some kernel setups for better performance :
1.Link
2.Link
3.Link
5.Link

https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=72810504&postcount=1338

Audio MODs

*HTC One M8 Audio MODs discussion

*A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems

I will recommend this mod. I think is one of the best in XDA. Improving a lot the quality of the sound for both - Headphones and speakers. Here is a way how to install it, the way that I use.
link
1.Flash last version SuperSu XDA Link Direct Link
2.Flash/Install BusyBox. PlayStore Link Here
3.Flash ViperCleaner 1.3 (Optional) Link
The script will remove MusicFX, AudioFX, SoundFX or DSPManager.
4.Flash A.R.I.S.E. Sound Systems™ Deuteronomy 2.4 Link or aroma here
I will provide a direct link to this because some people may get confused, other way uses the link for the original thread. I will put the links for the version that I use.
5.Flash ToolBox v2.1 (Optional) Link
I found it very useful because contains a lot of audio profiles from which u can choose the right one for you.
6.Reboot

*BioHazard | Audiophile | AROMA
*eXtremeBeats Aural Maximizer™
*DivineBeats_V9.0 Gaana Edition
*eXtremeBeats Aural Maximizer
*SonyMusic&ViperFX&DolbyAtmos
*UX - SoundMod - FINAL
*Dolby ATMOS
This one , in my opinion only makes the sound louder ,but not quality at all.

*ViPER4Android
HOW TO FIX ViPER4Android NOT INSTALLS DRIVERS!

1. Make sure that you have Busybox installed!
You can install it by using this application on the play store https://goo.gl/LztXpM

2. Make sure that you have at least 5mb Free in your system partition!
To check the free space in /system use this app https://goo.gl/D3lcm5 and go to the "advanced" menu

3. After installing busybox, try to reinstall the ViPER4Android drivers and reboot your device!

SystemUI MODs

*HTC Sense Home for M8 7.1.1 ROMs
NEW* *Sense 9 Patch for LineageOS 14.1
*Pixel Launcher [AROMA]
*Google Pixel Experience
Pixel Animated Nav Bar for LineageOS
*Google Pixel SystemUI for CM1 4.1 and full Pixel mod

Performance MODs
*Smeejaytee's HTC One M8 Booster
*L SPEED Android tweaking APP
*Ultimate Performance-Blazing Fast Speed On The Go!

Magisk Stuff
What is Magisk?
In a short way, Magisk is a way to have root and to be still able to play Pokemon GO and use bank apps that won't run on rooted devices. Sound good doesn't it? Sadly, I'm afraid you will be able to use ONLY compatible mods/modules with magisk. Also be careful, always make backup before flashing anything because can make your device to crash or bootloop

How to remove it?

1.Variant Link from AICP thread
2.Variant Link Download and flash the uninstaller.
Anyway, probably for both ways you still will need to disable magisk app from settings-apps , or to uninstall it with some root uninstaller

*Collection of Magisk Modules
*Collective Dolby Atmos Port Thread
*Dolby Atmos
*ViPER-FX
*Adfree YouTube Template

Other Stuff

* Google Pixel bootsplash and bootanimation (black)
*Android 7.x.x (N) / LineageOS 14.x Bootsplashes
*[PORT] [APP] [6.0+] [Google Pixel] Live Wallpapers [12/11/2016]

Guides & Useful Threads/Links

* T[XPOSED] [NOUGAT] [CAN UNSTABLE] Xposed SDK25/24 for all arch
MicroG Project LINK
* The Open GApps Project
* [DRIVER] HTC Driver 4.17.0.001 2016-06-20
* [MOD][GUIDE][7.0+][NEW]Google Assistant for All 7.0+Device[No Need Change Model No.]
*[HOW-TO] Get the NEW Google Pixel launcher on your HTC One M8!
*How to enable Google Assistant on your phone (Android 7.0+ only)
* Pixel Launcher 7.1.1 weather work
* How to get all icons round in Pixel Launcher
* Pixel Experience with Assistant enabled
* Another Pixel Experience with Sesne apps xD
* Enable Pixel Launcher Round Icon on Any Android Devices.
* [FONTS][5.x.x][6.0.x][7.0] Full Flashable Zip

Useful Apps
* HTC Apps | Sense 9.x
*ChopAssistant- "OK Google" Fix
*Get Assistant - Root
*Tile Extension for Nougat
*Emoji Switcher (root)
*Parallel Windows for Nougat* XDA thread
* HEBF - BATTERY SAVER AND OPTIMIZER
* Gravity Screen - On/Off (Lift2Wake)
* Greenify
* AdAway
* SuperSU
* BusyBox

Apps
Some apps, that I thought to share, maybe some of you will find them useful & fun. However, they may not be very important...So list below :)

Sense Apps
Install them like normal apk.Some of the apps can be installed from play store.

Links provided by *saiz136
*HTC Sense™ Home - Themes | New Apps | Sense 7/8 | for all devices
*HTC Sense Home
*HTC Gallery
*HTC Camera (HTC One M8)
*HTC Video Player
*HTC 10 Camera Port
Hyperlapse doesn't work.Flash through recovery.Original link here https://plus.google.com/+JishnuSur16061993/posts/dtaFNKdB8NB

*HTC One M8 Telegram Group
Real time discussion about HTC One M8. Feel free to join to talk about everything connected with the device. Also you could test roms before to be poster here.
Google Play Store Telegram Channel with promotion : https://t.me/playstoredeal

Notes:

I see this error in twrp, what should I do?

E: unknown command [log]
E: unknown command [log]​

Nothing to worry about. If you don't want to see it, flash the last recovery.

My phone is getting too hot, what can I do?
[Use it only on 1.7Ghz, if that doesn't help, use it on 1.3Ghz. (I'm using Ex Kernel Manager with power saving mode on.Very useful app with nice interface and a lot of options)
Or try different kernel - stock LineageOS kernel or the experimental version of Team-M8.​

My display is so "yellowish"? Why?
This is called "Live Display", you can turn off that function from:
Settings -> Live Display -> Display Mode, change it from "automatic" to "off".​

My phone crash, restart when I insert sim card something?
Try to disable location services.(If this happened to you, your probably Canadian user.This is a temporary fix.)​

I come from sense rom ( S.Team M8) and I don't have audio? Why ?
Reflash your firmware.S. Team M8 doing something on your firmware because of the audio mods that contain and need to reflash your firmware if you going to use any other rom.​

ROMs that doesn't make bootloop for Canadian users:
ACIP
BeanStalk​

Bugs you may meet in Nougat:Some users report that those things don't work, or may happen to you:
-Wi-Fi HotSpot
-Network signal and Mobile Data drops (Just disappear for few seconds, happen often for me)
-SD Card can't be recognized and accessed. (Also CM file stock manager can't access sd card, use some other app from play store)
-Low/Slow GPS signal or not connecting
-Not working compass (Google Maps). Always showing the wrong direction.
-No AGPS support. Fixed in stock lineage os builds and some other roms.
-Canadian users will have bootloop. Except for few roms.
-NFC may not work
-Android Pay may not work
-In game sound lag
-How to exit from full-screen notification can't be disabled.
-Video calling issues (On some users) - Messenger, Viber, Skype and etc.
-HTC Duo Camera.

PS:
Make a backup before you try anything.Need to be on the last version of the firmware (Marshmallow), and use the last version of twrp recovery - 3.2.0.0 to avoid any issues.

Last edited:

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Xiaomi Poco F3
Android Nougat7.x Discussion

I decided to make new thread where we can discuss everything connected with Android 7.x
Cyanogenmod,Pixel launcher,Audio and UI mods, Xposed Framework.Any guides,mods links and etc connected with the Nougat will be really appreciated I think :D (Currently lot of free time and like to test new things)
PS: Going to put some links later
good idea

I will just take this post for the future

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Balajumb

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth

Cyanogenmod,Pixel launcher,Audio and UI mods, Xposed Framework.Any guides,mods links and etc connected with the Nougat will be really appreciated I think :D (Currently lot of free time and like to test new things)
Thank you very much

G

GuestK00130

Good idea..!!!!

saiz136

Feb 12, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Since this is a discussion about Android N. Let me share my personal favorites.

This flash zip contains:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/riwabnb18igy460
• Google Pixel Stock Boot Animation (4 dots bouncing)
• Google Pixel Stock Media (alarms, ringtones, notification and UI)
• HTC File Manager
• HTC Task Manager
• Smart Battery (from S.ROM)

Sense Apps: just install them like a normal apk.

(Camera)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/pg0hq60rep5me28

(Gallery)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/mjbhk1r19h7kcw1

(Video Player)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/e7dv9f4v9xwuu61

All files are tested working on CM 14.1. (Nov.18)

Hope this helps.

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth
Since this is a discussion about Android N. Let me share my personal favorites.

This flash zip contains:

https://www.mediafire.com/download/riwabnb18igy460
• Google Pixel Stock Boot Animation (4 dots bouncing)
• Google Pixel Stock Media (alarms, ringtones, notification and UI)
• HTC File Manager
• HTC Task Manager
• Smart Battery (from S.ROM)

Sense Apps: just install them like a normal apk.

(Camera)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/pg0hq60rep5me28

(Gallery)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/mjbhk1r19h7kcw1

(Video Player)
https://www.mediafire.com/download/e7dv9f4v9xwuu61

All files are tested working on CM 14.1. (Nov.18)

Hope this helps.
Can I just get the smart battery app cause I already have the pixel boot animation and I don't need the rest.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 AM ----------

is there any rom that support dual sim ????
I believe cm 14.1 does. I'll have to check on that.

m0han

....discuss everything connected with Android 7.x...... AOKP [UNOFFICIAL] [ALPHA].....
i've tried aicp. it's good. i'd like to see a few screenshots of aokp (esp. of the navigation bar options and quick settings tiles available) before taking a call on trying it. could anyone help? thanks.

p.s.: if there is a thread for aokp 7.x elsewhere, please provide the link.

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth
i've tried aicp. it's good. i'd like to see a few screenshots of aokp (esp. of the navigation bar options and quick settings tiles available) before taking a call on trying it. could anyone help? thanks.

p.s.: if there is a thread for aokp 7.x elsewhere, please provide the link.
Aokp is basically cm it is very similar and even the contributor screen are the same. BTW what is aicp and can u send me some screenshots?

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Cyanogenmod,Pixel launcher,Audio and UI mods, Xposed Framework.Any guides,mods links and etc connected with the Nougat will be really appreciated I think :D (Currently lot of free :D time and like to test new things)

ROMs
*CyanogenMod 14.1 [UNOFFICIAL] [ALPHA]
*AOKP [UNOFFICIAL] [ALPHA]
AICP 12.1 [UNOFFICIAL] [ALPHA]
(No links because the developer don't want to share it here...But excist.PM me for more info)

Audio MODs

*Dolby ATMOS
Test, it works but I personally don't like it.

*ViPER4Android
I'm using this mod,works for me, but some users report that doesn't work for them.Also, there's no way to uninstall it ,at least I don't know so make a backup before install it in case you want to remove it.

Other MODs

*Pixel Launcher [AROMA]
For me, this is the easiest way to get Pixel Launcher + Google Assistant.
Hotwords still doesn't work.
(Some user reported using Chop Assistant from play store.
Didn't test it because currently, I'm not using Pixel Launcher.)I also read that Xposed Framework has a pulgin that can fix that but...

*[SUPER FAST][MOD][V8]Ultimate Performance-Blazing Fast Speed On The Go!]
This one I still didn't test it.People report that is working on CM14. I know cm 14.1 is pretty fast, but Im going to test the mod in the next few days.If can get any better, why not ? :)

Other Stuff
*Android 7.0 (Nougat) / Cyanogenmod 14 & DU 11 Bootsplashes
*[PORT] [APP] [6.0+] [Google Pixel] Live Wallpapers [12/11/2016]

Guides & Useful Threads/Links

*[HOW-TO] Get the NEW Google Pixel launcher on your HTC One M8!
*How to enable Google Assistant on your phone (Android 7.0+ only)
* Pixel Launcher 7.1.1 weather work
Not tested

*Tile Extension for Nougat
*Emoji Switcher (root)
If you hate the ugly one emojii :D by google you can use this app to change them.I'm using iOS 10.Apple tried to make them more realistic and look nicer to me

How is the work with Xposed Framework going ? There's one discussion about this, but still, no there's no version for Nougat
* Xposed Framework for Android N
If you want me to test anything out I can I have a lot of free time and I have HTC m8 with cm 14.1 just pm me

Reactions: Leon

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
Last time when I try to use Google maps it took me 3 hours to find the adress.Just when I was on the address that the app said there was completely new direction.With 1km different...And I couldn't get a taxi because I didn't know here I am... It can be very hard to use maps that way. I hope they to fix it soon.

Send from HTC One M8 running CyanogenMod™ 14.1 by Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts