[Q] i dont understand.. please help

Search This thread

bakerboy81

Mar 26, 2012
SHAFTER
i have a rezound that i have unlock and rooted..
i have been trying to flash roms on the phone but it gets stuck at the white htc screen.. i have been reading some of the threads and im not sure if i understand if im doing something wrong.. when i try to flash a rom i get into recovery the clear factory reset,clear cache,clear dalvtik.... install the the rom from the external sd card. once its done i get into fastboot and install the PH89IMG.ZIP. onces thats done i reboot and thats when i get stuck... im very new to this... i have tried to install clockworkmod on the phone .. the only why that i get into recovery is using the rezound tool kit 2.0. i dont think that,that has anything to do with it but i could be wrong... somebody please help me....

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
i have a rezound that i have unlock and rooted..
i have been trying to flash roms on the phone but it gets stuck at the white htc screen.. i have been reading some of the threads and im not sure if i understand if im doing something wrong.. when i try to flash a rom i get into recovery the clear factory reset,clear cache,clear dalvtik.... install the the rom from the external sd card. once its done i get into fastboot and install the PH89IMG.ZIP. onces thats done i reboot and thats when i get stuck... im very new to this... i have tried to install clockworkmod on the phone .. the only why that i get into recovery is using the rezound tool kit 2.0. i dont think that,that has anything to do with it but i could be wrong... somebody please help me....

don't use clockwork, use the amon recovery.

badogg

Mar 11, 2011
Use among ra recovery. Other that, how long have you let it sit at that screen? Sometimes it takes several minutes, just be patient.

Also, what rom, and are you on the new leaked firmware?

CharliesTheMan

I could remote into team viewer on your computer and flash amon ra recovery on your phone and walk you through installing a Rom and kernel for you if you want.

But to properly wipe, it should be data, cache, dalvic cache, and system

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

bakerboy81

Mar 26, 2012
SHAFTER
i have tried using amon recovery and i get the same result.... i have let it sit for about 10 mins and nothing happens... im trying to flash scottsrom ics.. the latest one....

bakerboy81

Mar 26, 2012
SHAFTER
I have tried to find the leak ruu but I don't know where to find it and how to install it. I was reading about it earlier but I'm still a little iffy on how to do it ..

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
I have tried to find the leak ruu but I don't know where to find it and how to install it. I was reading about it earlier but I'm still a little iffy on how to do it ..

just be aware if you use it, your hboot will say "tampered" and you cannot roll back to GB firmware. if your new to this, id do alot of reading before attempting it. if you want a good GB based rom look into chingy's rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420513

Reactions: snowride20

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
he doesn't need to be on the leaked ruu to use the ics roms. he can flash the old firmware patch too.

He can so that but its not supported by Scott so if he has any problems he wont get help.
Just because you are against flashing the leaked firmware doesn't make it bad.
To the OP, if you are uncomfortable with relocking your phone to flash the new firmware I would try one of the gb roms. The update for ICS should be anyday now.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
He can so that but its not supported by Scott so if he has any problems he wont get help.
To the OP, if you are uncomfortable with relocking your phone to flash the new firmware I would try one of the gb roms. The update for ICS should be anyday now.

he can also use rezrom which supports the old firmware with a patch. and we have no clue when the ota will be out. i never told him not to flash the ruu but if he doesn't know what he is doing i recommend he reads up alot. stop trying to contradict everything i say in every thread, it's getting annoying.

OP i sent you a pm.

Reactions: Snuzzo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

just be aware if you use it, your hboot will say "tampered" and you cannot roll back to GB firmware. if your new to this, id do alot of reading before attempting it. if you want a good GB based rom look into chingy's rom.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420513

he can also use rezrom which supports the old firmware with a patch. and we have no clue when the ota will be out. i never told him not to flash the ruu but if he doesn't know what he is doing i recommend he reads up alot. stop trying to contradict everything i say in every thread, it's getting annoying.

OP i sent you a pm.