[Tool] LGNPST 1.3 Developer Edition

Search This thread

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
LGNPST13SS.png

LGNPST 1.3 Developer Edition For XDA
*DO NOT HOST/LINK/REPOST/OR ANYTHING ELSE OUT SIDE OF XDA* WITH OUT MY PERMISSION

[Questions]
Q.) Where is the Right Click Register ?
A.) I recompiled it into the installer, it will automatically install when installing LGNPST

Q.) Is the Right Click Register any different then the one I already have ?
Q.) I don't see the Register DLL in my right click menu.
A.) Most likely the right click register that you got/download/received originally came from me in the first place, this version is newer and updated. This version will install a new menu and ONLY register on dlls that can be registered, it does not show in your right click menu the whole time like the old version. It will only show when right clicking on a valid Active X dll or OCX file.

Q.) Should I remove the old LGNPST ?
A.) Yes remove all old version of LGNPST.

Q.) Can I upgrade my phone that use a .tot with this?
A.) Yes you can, VERY EASILY. You must first change the menu. To do this click (Tool) at the top menu. Click (Show Only Old UI). You will notice the upgrade tab will switch from asking for a .CAB file to a .BIN file. Just click on the little folder icon and change the FILE TYPE to .TOT, then select your .TOT file. No need for having to do any hacks or *.* or using the WRONG method to update the device.

Download Here

Last edited:

amoamare

Jul 17, 2006
[Reserved] Also I don't know why It posted in the General section, maybe a mod will be so kind to move the thread to the development section.

Reactions: calvin.taylor63
Oct 30, 2011
7 zip would not open. Winzip would not open. Downloaded to phone. Would not open. Downloaded a second time to my phone and worked perfect. Very strange! Might be my internet connection.

Thanks for posting this!

Reactions: calvin.taylor63

kartoon33

Sep 21, 2010
Miami
I need help!!!! I think I soft/hard bricked my phone. I'm not sure since I can only get into Download mode. I have the .bin file and LGNPST v 1.3 and after all is in the right place and I hit start I get the ERROR: Unable loading Port Component. What does that mean??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jcutter347

Jan 12, 2011
I just had to pick this old phone and use it again and need to return to stock. It's been a really long time since I played with this phone. I can't find any instructions on using this (LGNPST 1.3) I have already deleted my old version. Are there files I need to download or does this version have everything needed included in it? Any help is very much appreciated.

G

GuestK00134

I just had to pick this old phone and use it again and need to return to stock. It's been a really long time since I played with this phone. I can't find any instructions on using this (LGNPST 1.3) I have already deleted my old version. Are there files I need to download or does this version have everything needed included in it? Any help is very much appreciated.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1337386

This contains all the .TOT files you need and instructions. Latest and recommended version is V9.

Good luck!

TaviRawr

Jul 26, 2012
Killeen
I have done everything with the .bin files and everything but when I click DLL file, it only takes me to LGNPST_Utility2.dll and I can not go anywhere else with it. Can someone help me?

rybussell

Nov 27, 2011
I have done everything with the .bin files and everything but when I click DLL file, it only takes me to LGNPST_Utility2.dll and I can not go anywhere else with it. Can someone help me?

You're not actually looking for a .bin file, TaviRawr...

When you get to that point where it asks you to select a .bin file, the windows open dialog box should open up.
Navigate to the folder where you have the .tot file downloaded...
In the box for file name, type *.tot and hit enter.
Now you should have a listing of the .tot file you downloaded. Click it and hit ok.
Then you should be able to flash your phone to stock.

TaviRawr

Jul 26, 2012
Killeen
You're not actually looking for a .bin file, TaviRawr...

When you get to that point where it asks you to select a .bin file, the windows open dialog box should open up.
Navigate to the folder where you have the .tot file downloaded...
In the box for file name, type *.tot and hit enter.
Now you should have a listing of the .tot file you downloaded. Click it and hit ok.
Then you should be able to flash your phone to stock.

I locate the .bin file just fine. So do I even need the .dll file? I am trying to follow the walk through exactly.
This is the guide I am using
http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-return-sprint-lg-optimus-g-back-to-stock.html

rybussell

Nov 27, 2011
I locate the .bin file just fine. So do I even need the .dll file? I am trying to follow the walk through exactly.
This is the guide I am using
http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-return-sprint-lg-optimus-g-back-to-stock.html

I'm surprised that the directions don't suggest the Models folder...

Try this...

Go to wherever you have the LGNPST application installed.. For me, it was C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST

Make sure the program is currently closed...

You should have a list of folders and files, such as Components 4.0 and stuff like that ...

Right click and create a new folder and name it Models

Wherever your .dll fild is, the lgnpst_ms970.dll or whatever it's called is, copy it into the Models folder you just created..

Then, assuming you're using Windows Vista/7/8, navigate back up to the LGNPST folder and right click LGNPST.exe (it might say LGNPST if you have extensions hidden for known file types), and run as Administrator...

Now, when you plug your phone in, make sure it is set to Internet Connection and Debugging is on.

The program should automatically detect your phone and the .DLL model...

I'll link to a video (sorry, no audio yet) that gives you a visual briefly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?g3iccvdvmk0kvdc

It's about 85 mb...

Let me know if you have any other questions if this doesn't help.

TaviRawr

Jul 26, 2012
Killeen
I will try this and tell you what happens. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Do I still need to register the .dll by going into command prompt and running as admin and typing....I can't remember.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LGNPST13SS.png

LGNPST 1.3 Developer Edition For XDA
    *DO NOT HOST/LINK/REPOST/OR ANYTHING ELSE OUT SIDE OF XDA* WITH OUT MY PERMISSION

[Questions]
    Q.) Where is the Right Click Register ?
    A.) I recompiled it into the installer, it will automatically install when installing LGNPST

Q.) Is the Right Click Register any different then the one I already have ?
    Q.) I don't see the Register DLL in my right click menu.
    A.) Most likely the right click register that you got/download/received originally came from me in the first place, this version is newer and updated. This version will install a new menu and ONLY register on dlls that can be registered, it does not show in your right click menu the whole time like the old version. It will only show when right clicking on a valid Active X dll or OCX file.

Q.) Should I remove the old LGNPST ?
    A.) Yes remove all old version of LGNPST.

Q.) Can I upgrade my phone that use a .tot with this?
    A.) Yes you can, VERY EASILY. You must first change the menu. To do this click (Tool) at the top menu. Click (Show Only Old UI). You will notice the upgrade tab will switch from asking for a .CAB file to a .BIN file. Just click on the little folder icon and change the FILE TYPE to .TOT, then select your .TOT file. No need for having to do any hacks or *.* or using the WRONG method to update the device.

Download Here
    any chance of updated link ?

Umm... The one I posted 3 posts ago should still work

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    http://www.mediafire.com/?acn2ukqx02ocl5x

I saved it here for my personal use a while ago ;)

Tapatalk'n it from Android 4.3.1 CM 10.2 by TheKraven on my VM670 running LS670ZVJ firmware
    [Reserved] Also I don't know why It posted in the General section, maybe a mod will be so kind to move the thread to the development section.