[APP][4.0+] Light Painting Helper - Make awesome colorful Ligth Paintings

Search This thread

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
LPH_Funktionsgrafik.jpg

Introduction:
You have a Camera that is capable of long exposure times imaging and you want to make awesome Light Paintings? You don't want to buy special torches? Then download Light Painting Helper!

Features:
- One Color or Color Gradient
- Predefined Colors and an easy to use Color Picker
- Five different Shapes in the Size you want
- Color Gradient time adjustable
- Backlight of screen can be set to max brightness - old value is restored at app exit
- Flip the Screen up to the sky or down to earth - the display is set to black
- If the screen is black you can choose if the color gradient continues or not
- If you have a LCD Device, you can disable the backlight when black is displayed for better Images. Not needed with OLED Devices.
- Vibrate at the end of a color gradient
- New Immersive Mode for Android 4.4 KitKat Devices
- Material Design, even with Android 4.x

Screenshots:

Reminder:
This App does not create Light Paintings. You still need a camera that is capable of long exposure times

Limitations:
Devices with Hardware Buttons: The Backlight Illumination of the Keys can not be disabled. Please use black Tape or similar.

Link to Google Play Store
[QRCODE]https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kpdev.lightpaintinghelper[/QRCODE]

XDA:DevDB Information
Light Painting Helper, App for the Android General

Contributors
KobiP

Version Information
Current Beta Version: 0.7.2
Beta Release Date: 2016-04-10

Created 2014-01-05
Last Updated 2016-04-19

Attachments

• rectangle.png
    rectangle.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 102
  • square.png
    square.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 101
  • oval.png
    oval.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 103
  • circle.png
    circle.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 102
  • choosecolor.png
    choosecolor.png
    33.6 KB · Views: 90
  • mixcolor.png
    mixcolor.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 90
  • main.png
    main.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 77
  • main_more.png
    main_more.png
    37.1 KB · Views: 81
  • settings.png
    settings.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 76
  • lines.png
    lines.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Reserved

Changelog:

v0.7.2:
Bugfix
- App crashing after single color was displayed

Sideload Link: Google Drive
[QRCODE]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0vR4Csba4OjU1ZGR3Vlckc5STQ[/QRCODE]

Older Versions:

v0.7.1:
Major overhaul of the App
- Material Design
- New Icon

v0.6.0:
New Features
- Refresh Rate and Number of Lines moved to Main Screen
- Vibration after color gradient finishes
Bug Fixes:
- RGB Color Gradient was actually a HSV
- Color Gradient Time was always 5s

v0.5.1:
Bug Fix:
- Removed crash at startup

v0.5.0:
New Features:
- Saves last run profile on app exit
- Added Opacity Bar at Color Mix Activity
- Reworked Code
- Improved Layout
- New Setting: Debug Mode - Enables LogCat output

v0.4.0:
New Features:
- Reworked Color Display Activity - Supports now the Immersive Mode of Android 4.4 KitKat
- Reworked Color Choose Activity - more rows, more colors
- Reduced Installation Size by half
Bug Fixes:
- Darker Black Setting was never evaluated

Last edited:

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hey,

I am proud to present my second app to a wider Audience! Since about two monts my App is now in the Play Store, but with my newest Version I dare to publish it here :) It would be absolutely amazing if you could test my App and tell me whats wrong and what else to implement. Even more amazing would be if you could post your created Light Paintings here! As it turned out I am a better Programmer than Photograph...

Cheers

KobiP

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to announce Version 0.5.0! Have Fun with it!
You can find it in the Play Store in a few hours, or you can sideload it now!

Cheers

KobiP

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hi!

I uploaded the BugFix Version 0.5.1. The APK I was installing with Eclipse worked fine, the APK that I exported and send to Play Store / Google Drive not. This should be solved now.

Cheers

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hello,

I am moving quickly towards the first Version that could be called "stable". This time I removed two Bugs: the first made the RGB color gradient to be executed as HSV. The second Bug was introduced in v0.5, it caused all color gradients to run for 5s, no matter what you applied.

I also Improved the UI: You can find now the Refresh Rate and Number of Lines on the Main Screen, not hidden in the Settings. Just press the new More Options Button. In the Settings you can find now a new Option that lets your Phone Vibrate when the color gradient is finished.

Cheers,

KobiP

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hello,

wow, more than two years later I have a new Version of the Light Painting Helper! This time it is a mayor rewrite of the App to get Material Design, Fractions, new Icon, ...
Much more of a maintenance release than new Features.

Tell me what you think!

Cheers

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hello,
another week, another update. This time just a small bugfix, when closing displaying a single color the app crashed.

Cheers

Reactions: DeVilio

wireheadarts

Apr 24, 2008
www.wirewd.com
I've been using Light Painting Helper lately. Of all of the apps on the Play store, it's the only one that seems to work, so I thought I'd offer encouragement. :)

The use of the orientation sensor to 'pause' the pattern is really amazingly handy. My E-M5 Mk II has a "Live Time" mode so I can see the exposure take form on the iPad, while I use my Moto X to run your app. So, first I start your app, point the phone face-down, then I trigger the shutter, then I get in position to paint.

The 'lines' pattern tends to make for the most interesting texture.

I'd post a URL but I can't because anti-spam. :p

DeVilio

May 20, 2013
Gdańsk
Hi. Just installed and know how to use it. Very helpfull app, I am wondering if you can add option for enter tekst that could be displayed as floating letters, like you observe it behind aperture. And moving phone will create hanging tekst when you capture it with camera with light painting option.

KobiP

Jun 22, 2007
Hi. Just installed and know how to use it. Very helpfull app, I am wondering if you can add option for enter tekst that could be displayed as floating letters, like you observe it behind aperture. And moving phone will create hanging tekst when you capture it with camera with light painting option.
Hello, thank you for your input! I was actually also dreaming of such a functionality, I have currently just no free time to implement it, and I am not sure when this will change.

Sorry, what? You get it in Play Store and in the second post you find the APK to Sideload.

DeVilio

May 20, 2013
Gdańsk
Well, ok, i can fully understand you, what about position of tekst at screen? Is too low and bottom half is cut.

And also - it`s too slow - i dont see option to speed it up.

And - great work! Keep it going. If this app cost about $1 i would buy it - if it works perfectly. Sometimes it crashes when i choose second option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    another week, another update. This time just a small bugfix, when closing displaying a single color the app crashed.

Cheers