Sony Z Ultra tablet wifi

Search This thread

Benjiro

Sep 27, 2009
What a waste of hardware instead they should be working on the next gen of the ultra 2.0 with a better camera with flash a new CPU and smaller Basel. Come on sony that is lame:eek:

A new CPU? The Snapdragon 800 is already top of the line. At best we can see a 805, but its not exactly that special. Faster GPU again, bit higher clock speed on the CPU, ...

Better Camera, sure ... especially with flash ( is actually a handy flashlight ;) ). And preferable a removable battery ( so a extended battery can be installed without all the voltage conversion, and other power drains ).

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
What a waste of hardware instead they should be working on the next gen of the ultra 2.0 with a better camera with flash a new CPU and smaller Basel. Come on sony that is lame:eek:

They are definitely working on the Ultra 2 as we speak. It doesn't take a week to develop a new device. It takes a looong time. Do you think a device is finished when it gets released? No, the device itself is finished long before release. They have to manufacture hundreds of thousands or millions of devices for the release day, and that takes time, so they probably started with the Ultra 2 some time ago. They have to design it, they have to order up parts and components for that specific device, they have to test it for long periods of time. It's not done in a week.

The average time it takes a small team to develop a native app? Everything between 4-12 months (depending on its complexity), and that's just code. Now, how long does it take to make a physical device plus software to run on it?

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
by new cpu I meant to say higher CPU clock speed. I know that Snapdragon 800 is the fastest now but at a lower speed on the ultra.

lex xander

Aug 7, 2013
After using the Z Ultra for a few months, I feel that Sony is a bit conflicted on how to position this great product. It is awkward to use it as a phone (when making phone call, keep it in the pocket) and the slew of accessories only alienating it from functioning as a phone (the CP-12 Power case, SBH52 Bluetooth Handset). And now producing a version with only wifi connectivity.

It seems that Sony itself is not sure what exactly is the Z Ultra.

ij0rgei

Sep 20, 2013
Dallas, TX
only problem I have is that now everybody is going think the Z Ultra is just a tablet. kinda like the iPhone 4/4s deal where the only way to differentiate the two was for the person to tell you since they looked identical from the exterior. Lol

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app