Nexus 7 2012 - No Command Error !!

Search This thread

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Hy everyone :)

Few days ago I've tried to update my Nexus 7 2012 model, from 4.2.2 operating system to 4.4. After few minutes, after reboot, on the screen shows the Android sign with an error mesage : No Command

The bigger problem is that in my Device Manager, my computer does not show the tablet, not even as an unknown device. This is how my Device Manger it is looks like:

I have tried all the internet tutorials, SDK Manager Drivers, PdaNet Drivers .. Nexus Toolkit .. and no results. My computer does not recognize the tablet, When i run abd devices .. returns nothing.

As i can't go inside, i'm not sure if the USB Debugging mode is activated or deactivated.

Please help me !!! I really don't know what to do :(

PS: When i'm trying to install the driver manually it says; Android ADB Interface - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Can you boot into recovery or fastboot mode?

Sent from one of my 47 iPads running android C3P0

When i'm pressing power button+u up volume+down volume and chose recovery mode, after loading, i'm getting the same error, with the android sign and No Command error message.
When i am in fastboot mode, is the same problem, the device manager doesn't recognize the tablet, neither the adb or fastboot.

Last edited:

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Is the tablet going into fastboot mode and not being recognised by the computer or is it not going into fastboot mode. If you can get fastboot mode the next stop would be to try the nexus toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ use the return to stock soft bricked option as far as the problems connecting to the computer did it connect before the boot loop and is it possible the port or the cable are damaged? If it goes into fast boot then it should be recognised.
Edit: I forgot to ask is your warranty still valid you get 2 years with the N7 you could send it to Asus.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also read/try this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405740&page=4

Last edited:

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Is the tablet going into fastboot mode and not being recognised by the computer or is it not going into fastboot mode. If you can get fastboot mode the next stop would be to try the nexus toolkit http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/ use the return to stock soft bricked option as far as the problems connecting to the computer did it connect before the boot loop and is it possible the port or the cable are damaged? If it goes into fast boot then it should be recognised.
Edit: I forgot to ask is your warranty still valid you get 2 years with the N7 you could send it to Asus.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Also read/try this
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2405740&page=4

Thank you for the reply. I can boot in fastboot but the PC still do not recognize the tablet. Even in fast boot Nexus Toolkit doesn't recognize the tablet .. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but no success.

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Is RMA an option? Was this an OTA update? Asus may take some responsibility for it then. Did the computer recognise the tablet before the problem we need to work out if its a software or a hardware problem that's stopping it from connecting to the computer.

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Is RMA an option? Was this an OTA update? Asus may take some responsibility for it then. Did the computer recognise the tablet before the problem we need to work out if its a software or a hardware problem that's stopping it from connecting to the computer.

What means RMA ? .. the update was made by wireless connections. Unfortunately I'm in Romania now and the tablet was bought in USA., so I don't think Assus warranty is an option.

The computer was not recognizing the tablet before the update .. it was only charging but not recognizing. Every time I was uploading content on it over Dropbox.

The only time when my PC recognized the tablet was at the beginning, I don't know if I changed something or what I did but after that point the PC didn't recognize the tablet.. Even after that the tablet updates and everything was working perfectly.

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
RMA is Return Merchandise Authorisation it means Asus agreeing to accept a return. If the tablet was not connecting to the computer before the update then that is where the problem is. No Command bootloop is fixable but not without a USB connection. My advice would be to try a new USB port for the nexus you can get one on eBay UK try to find one that will ship to romania. The other option is to buy a N7 with a broken screen and use parts out of that. Its not much more expensive to buy a broken N7 than to buy the charging port. The advantage to that is you can swap the motherboard as well and you don't need to fix the boot loop.

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
RMA is Return Merchandise Authorisation it means Asus agreeing to accept a return. If the tablet was not connecting to the computer before the update then that is where the problem is. No Command bootloop is fixable but not without a USB connection. My advice would be to try a new USB port for the nexus you can get one on eBay UK try to find one that will ship to romania. The other option is to buy a N7 with a broken screen and use parts out of that. Its not much more expensive to buy a broken N7 than to buy the charging port. The advantage to that is you can swap the motherboard as well and you don't need to fix the boot loop.

Thank you for the reply. But is the tablet is charging properly both from the PC and from the wall charger. It is possible to charge properly but the data transfer to be broken because of the micro usb from nexus 7 ?

Last edited:

Captain Sweatpants

Feb 18, 2014
Edinburgh
Yes it is possible to damage the data circuit while leaving the charging circuit intact unfortunately unless you know much about micro electronics I can't tell you exactly where that damage is but it definetly sounds like a hardware failure. My best guess would be the USB port. On the Nexus the USB port is separate from the motherboard and is connected by a ribbon cable. The other possibility is that the motherboard is at fault. As the motherboard is where the bootloop is happening from changing it would also make the tablet work. Either way the only way to get your nexus working again is to fix the USB connection and it sounds like that's going to mean new parts.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Yes it is possible to damage the data circuit while leaving the charging circuit intact unfortunately unless you know much about micro electronics I can't tell you exactly where that damage is but it definetly sounds like a hardware failure. My best guess would be the USB port. On the Nexus the USB port is separate from the motherboard and is connected by a ribbon cable. The other possibility is that the motherboard is at fault. As the motherboard is where the bootloop is happening from changing it would also make the tablet work. Either way the only way to get your nexus working again is to fix the USB connection and it sounds like that's going to mean new parts.

Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Anybody know how I can test it the USB is broken ? As long is charging well both from the PC and from the wall charger too, but is the PC is not recognizing the tablet.

Thank you for the reply. But is the tablet is charging properly both from the PC and from the wall charger. It is possible to charge properly but the data transfer to be broken because of the micro usb from nexus 7 ?

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
Anybody know how I can test it the USB is broken ? As long is charging well both from the PC and from the wall charger too, but is the PC is not recognizing the tablet.

OK, so I've changed the micro USB from my tablet, I've putted on another tablet and it works perfectly. I've tried with the other micro usb and the same problem, the PC doesn't see the tablet.

The PC saw the other tablet .. but it can't see mine.

SO the problem is not with the USB port, is with something else. Is possible to erase everything from my tablet .. so the pc cant see the tablet in fast boot mode ?

Is any option to install the operating system on my tablet without PC ? I don;t know .. with an usb stick or something ..

alpinia

Mar 4, 2014
OK, so I've changed the micro USB from my tablet, I've putted on another tablet and it works perfectly. I've tried with the other micro usb and the same problem, the PC doesn't see the tablet.

The PC saw the other tablet .. but it can't see mine.

SO the problem is not with the USB port, is with something else. Is possible to erase everything from my tablet .. so the pc cant see the tablet in fast boot mode ?

Is any option to install the operating system on my tablet without PC ? I don;t know .. with an usb stick or something ..

Any solutions ?

noncomjd

Oct 23, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Back in November 2013, my rooted Nexus 7 took the OTA update to Kit Kat and had been in the No Command loop ever since.

I tried repeatedly to get my PC (4 of the each with multiple OS's XP, Win7, Win8.1) to recognize the N7 in connection with the Wugfresh kit. I followed the instructions step by step, still nothing. Finally yesterday after wiping an XP machine and replacing it with an up to date image (as of Oct 2013). I again started the process. 1. Downloaded and fired up Newest Wugfresh kit, allowed it to update; 2. Turned on the N7, put it into recovery mode; 3, Plug the N7 in and removed in Device Mgr whatever drivers XP opened (It found it as an Android device), looked in USBD for but found no other device matching the description in in Wugfresh. 3. Rebooted PC and plugged the N7. Loaded Wugfresh, since the N7 was essentially "dead" I skipped Step 2 and proceeded to Step 3 and loaded the recommended drivers 1 (Universal Drivers); went to step 4 and did the FULL DRIVER TEST. As per usual the klt could not find the ADB device. I was ready to pack it in, but earlier I had noticed the "safely remove device Icon" pop on the lower right hand corner of my screen when I ist plugged in the N7. It seems that XP had again recognized the device when I plugged it in. I clicked out of the driver install dialogue and went back to the Wugfresh tool kit main page and under "Back to Stock" clicked "soft-Bricked/Bootloop" and low and behold it started to work. It took a while, but unlike the numerous times I tried before, data was finally moving to the N7. I left it even after I saw "XXX not found" and then another "XXX2 file not found". It finally finished and I again had life on my N7. I Ieft Wugfresh running (even after I thought it was done, wait until it says...Done) l and followed the suggestions the Wugfresh kit made and it finally works again. It has kit kat installed and I'm leaving it unrooted......for now anyway.

Kit Kat update: longest damn update ever.

Last edited:

Falesh

Jan 28, 2014
odd

Hy everyone :)

Few days ago I've tried to update my Nexus 7 2012 model, from 4.2.2 operating system to 4.4. After few minutes, after reboot, on the screen shows the Android sign with an error mesage : No Command

The bigger problem is that in my Device Manager, my computer does not show the tablet, not even as an unknown device. This is how my Device Manger it is looks like:

I have tried all the internet tutorials, SDK Manager Drivers, PdaNet Drivers .. Nexus Toolkit .. and no results. My computer does not recognize the tablet, When i run abd devices .. returns nothing.

As i can't go inside, i'm not sure if the USB Debugging mode is activated or deactivated.

Please help me !!! I really don't know what to do :(

PS: When i'm trying to install the driver manually it says; Android ADB Interface - This device cannot start. (Code 10)

try restoring or using a custom rom!

Donnygal

Sep 30, 2016
My husbands pad is stuck in the same state, nothing irretrievable on it, so if I could get it back to factory settings, would be fine. Tried the toolkit, followed it, but not recognising it on the pc.

Can get it to display the Recovery mode, but if I try to select any of the options, it just switches off. Just keeps switching on and off if I leave it connected to pc, charges with either pc or cable.

Totally drained the battery to see if it helped, well getting to the stage to try anything.

Display when into Recovery screen
Fastboot Mode
Product Name - Flo
Variant flo 32g
HW Version - rev_e
Bootloader version - FLO-04.08
Carrier Info - None
Serial Number
Signing - Yes
Secure Boot - enabled
Lock state - locked

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you boot into recovery or fastboot mode?