Battery Woes - Help and ideas welcomed!!!

Search This thread

KenMoon

Oct 6, 2013
looking for the geo tag settings for the camera

Can not find this setting. Have already already turned off gps high accuracy, could that be why I can't find geo tag setting?

I have a similar set up as you. I keep BT always on and GPS always on w/ high accuracy, turning BT off doesn't do much to the battery life imo.

The absolutely biggest difference for me was to go into location settings and hit Google Location Reporting and turn off location reporting and history. Also turn off geo-tag for the camera, and locations setting on FB.

Sneakytiki

Jan 10, 2011
What does 'power saving mode' do? I can clearly see what 'ultra power saving mode does', but I was wondering if anyone knew what regular power saving mode does? I tried searching the Q&A forum but didn't find much and Googling it just led me to a bunch of pages touting the ultra power saving mode. Thanks in advance!

It can restrict data, do a greyscale mode and restricts processor speed. I also think I read it lowers screen refresh rate but I can't remember where I saw that. It also turns off the back light on the back and window/menu buttons.

There are different options you can enable in the menu.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Here's an article from CNET that explains power saving mode for those that do not know.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/four-tips-for-improving-battery-life-on-the-galaxy-s5/

Last edited:
Reactions: KarlStyles

skullvet

Mar 5, 2009
Wausau
I turned off the print services and I have noticed a pretty big difference in my battery life.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

kprice8

Apr 23, 2014
Lansing MI
Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Weather Service apps that run in the background to show you current temp on Notification bar eat a LOT of battery. I disabled this on mine, and have noticed about 20% better battery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What does 'power saving mode' do? I can clearly see what 'ultra power saving mode does', but I was wondering if anyone knew what regular power saving mode does? I tried searching the Q&A forum but didn't find much and Googling it just led me to a bunch of pages touting the ultra power saving mode. Thanks in advance!

It can restrict data, do a greyscale mode and restricts processor speed. I also think I read it lowers screen refresh rate but I can't remember where I saw that. It also turns off the back light on the back and window/menu buttons.

There are different options you can enable in the menu.

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Here's an article from CNET that explains power saving mode for those that do not know.

http://www.cnet.com/how-to/four-tips-for-improving-battery-life-on-the-galaxy-s5/