Insane Kitkat/The Sickness Edition help thread!!!

Search This thread

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Does anyone use the NavBar with The Sickness Edition V2? In the past I never liked it, but it's grown on me from my time using AOSP... then once I learned TouchWiz 4.3 and up can actually use the NavBar I've been back in love with TouchWiz again... The only thing is that there are scaling issues in various apps. The biggest ones I can think of would be the Calculator and Camera apps. I'm sure it's present in all other apps, but to me it's most noticeable in those two. What I'm wondering is if there's some type of xposed module, build.prop edit, or anything else I might could use to correctly display these apps with the NavBar also. I've tried shrinking the size of the NavBar options in GravityBoxKK, but it's still in the way of the bottom of these apps and, honestly, all it really does it make the navbar smaller...

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Does anyone use the NavBar with The Sickness Edition V2? In the past I never liked it, but it's grown on me from my time using AOSP... then once I learned TouchWiz 4.3 and up can actually use the NavBar I've been back in love with TouchWiz again... The only thing is that there are scaling issues in various apps. The biggest ones I can think of would be the Calculator and Camera apps. I'm sure it's present in all other apps, but to me it's most noticeable in those two. What I'm wondering is if there's some type of xposed module, build.prop edit, or anything else I might could use to correctly display these apps with the NavBar also. I've tried shrinking the size of the NavBar options in GravityBoxKK, but it's still in the way of the bottom of these apps and, honestly, all it really does it make the navbar smaller...

Anyone?

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This may point you in the right direction. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/themes-apps/guide-change-nav-bar-d-p-android-jelly-t1844878

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that guide shows you how to change the DPI (size) of the navbar, right? That's a lot of trouble to go through when I can just move a slider in GravityBoxKK and accomplish the same thing. Also, merely changing the size of the navbar itself doesn't do what I need; it makes it better (at the cost of a much smaller navbar) but it doesn't fix it.

Thanks anyway though!

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that guide shows you how to change the DPI (size) of the navbar, right? That's a lot of trouble to go through when I can just move a slider in GravityBoxKK and accomplish the same thing. Also, merely changing the size of the navbar itself doesn't do what I need; it makes it better (at the cost of a much smaller navbar) but it doesn't fix it.

Thanks anyway though!

I'll do some research on it when I have some time.

walliester

Aug 12, 2008
Ok I'm running insane KitKat v11 and I deleted a file by mistake in titanium back up , for the samsung music app and I try to put the the 2 main apps I had back up before and I try pushing it in the system folder and yes I did the right permission to but for some reasons I'm getting unfortunately it has stopped errorI does anybody out there have the right files so could flash in the recovery or push it again using root explore..thanks

The Sickness

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 27, 2012
Somewhere in Texas
Ok I'm running insane KitKat v11 and I deleted a file by mistake in titanium back up , for the samsung music app and I try to put the the 2 main apps I had back up before and I try pushing it in the system folder and yes I did the right permission to but for some reasons I'm getting unfortunately it has stopped errorI does anybody out there have the right files so could flash in the recovery or push it again using root explore..thanks

Just flash The Sickness Modz. It has the stock music player

---------- Post added at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 AM ----------

To my latest donator....you rock! Thank you

Reactions: walliester

walliester

Aug 12, 2008
thanks sickness,will try that later when i come back from work ,here is a lil something for the Estella's,enjoy lol
Confirmation number: 4PJ04918C8936090D

pfunkmixer

Mar 19, 2010
Jacksonville
music player

I performed a search but didn't come up with anything i'm on sickness's v3 before I loaded rom I had stock samsung music player where you can scroll through songs on lock screen how can I get that back. This one just lets you skip tracks I miss that feature is it possible to do?

Unclehappy

Apr 14, 2012
Reno
I performed a search but didn't come up with anything i'm on sickness's v3 before I loaded rom I had stock samsung music player where you can scroll through songs on lock screen how can I get that back. This one just lets you skip tracks I miss that feature is it possible to do?
Were u on a stock rom before u installed v3? Or another custom rom.
If u were stock then I don't think it's possible (odexed vs deodexed). If u came from another custom rom then either go back or stay Sick.
If I'm wrong either way, somebody set me straight.

Sent from my Insane KitKat V10 SGH M919 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

If u were stock then I don't think it's possible (odexed vs deodexed). If u came from another custom rom then either go back or stay Sick.

Oops isn't the Sickness edition his personal setup at the time? This wasn't meant to be changed. If you love the rom but want choices u gotta go Insane V11 and Modz V5. Sorry didn't realize u were on that edition. (BTW it does ROCK).

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I'll be quiet now, and go back to the bar.

pfunkmixer

Mar 19, 2010
Jacksonville

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Oops isn't the Sickness edition his personal setup at the time? This wasn't meant to be changed. If you love the rom but want choices u gotta go Insane V11 and Modz V5. Sorry didn't realize u were on that edition. (BTW it does ROCK).

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

I'll be quiet now, and go back to the bar.

thanks for the reply I was stock rooted before I went to my first rom which was v3 I love the rom s5 features just some things I miss like the scroll songs on lock screen and fast side bar app scroll but I'll stick with it I like it to much.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
thanks for the reply I was stock rooted before I went to my first rom which was v3 I love the rom s5 features just some things I miss like the scroll songs on lock screen and fast side bar app scroll but I'll stick with it I like it to much.
Scrolling songs on lockscreen was only 4.3 and below, KitKat changed that. And by side bar app scroll do you mean multiwindow?

Reactions: Unclehappy

driodman98

Jan 14, 2012
I have never been able to get that multi window thing to work. It only shows the default apps and not the extra ones that were supposed to be added using apps or that xpose thing. Does anyone have a sure fire way to add apps to the multiple window thing?

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Not multi window app alphabetical side bar quick search like in contacts screen not a big deal but useful with alot of apps.
Well the only thing I can think of is the 'alphabetical list' option, with that you can jump to the first letter of an app with a touch. You can also use Google now to search for an app which is what I do. I just have the widget on my homescreen, tap it and search when I need to look for an app quickly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FIRST THINGS FIRST!! Nobody is perfect and we have all been new to this at one point or another. We've all paid a lot of money for our devices so it's only natural to want to keep them running perfect. Be polite and help eachother with your wisdom!!!
    In this thread you can ask any question you may have about Insane KitKat and The Sickness Edition. I will do my best to answer it or point you in the right direction. The Sickness has spent countless hours to bring us this monster of a KittyKat and he is still bringing us his goodness. Let's do him a favor and try to keep the simple questions here. Thanks for understanding guys and give credit where's due.
    Here's some quick links:
    How to root/unroot: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2335109

How to upgrade to MK2 modem from MDL BOOTLOADER: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2546024

How to upgrade to NB4 modem from MDL BOOTLOADER: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774

KERNEL and KERNEL related questions go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2310418

TETHERING with Wifi Tether v3.4 experimental Tested and confirmed working on Insane KitKat by me: https://code.google.com/p/android-w...etail?name=wifi_tether_v3_4-experimental1.apk
    Thank the developers here for bringing us this unique application! https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/wiki/Donate

If you are tethering and get the upsell message on your PC and are getting capped use @gaww method in the following link. Don't forget to thank him for sharing!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52998941

Call recording fix with working volume boost for MDL go here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2344674

Can't get your phone to rotate? Use the link and thank @brian117 for the fix. Or you can try post #246
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51757862

Any other questions just ask.

I have sat back and read post after post after post. Here in our forums and others. It has made me sit back and chill, and look at things when I was a "user" and not a developer. And yes, I was a user....

I knew coming into this would be somewhat stressful. I also knew I would get pissed at times. But, I also knew that people would enjoy my work as much as I enjoy making it for "you". My problem I guess is that I am a very impatient guy. And I gets the best of me at times. It seems it bit me in the ass this go around.

I want to apologize to ALL, and I mean ALL of my supporters (even the ones that dont have a Insane phone). I overreacted. I guess it was just building up and I blew a freakin' fuse.

I also want to apologize to anyone I may have offended.

With that being said, I WILL Be opening my threads back up in a day or two. (Working on The Sickness Edition V3).

Again, my apologies to you all......

Haters Make Me Famous
    Deviant Team Member

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Sickness, check your email, just wanted to say thanks for all you did.
    Transaction ID:
    0E826512857600159

I want to thank you bro......you didnt have to do that.
    Here's a preemptive answer to a question that's been asked countless times about this ROM- "How do I change the battery icon?"

Assuming you installed OGBatteryMod, tap on the battery icon in your status bar 3 times and you'll be presented with a list of many icons and can make your selection there.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Thanks
    Not asking ?
    But if any way possible, really hoping to see those ultra power savings mod in your v10 rom.
    Your rom still the best and only one for T-Mobile gs4 with everything working and so many extras.

Take a look at the attachments........;)
    I know you're always busy bro. I work opposite shifts as you! I should be able to check in at least once a day! No excuses..:D All you do is appreciated. I know you're working on your international version and I'll try to at the very least lend you a hand with the questions. BTW the anxiety is killing me just waiting to see your product! I can already see it!:D

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Well, I pit it on the back burner for now. Lots of issues I dont like. Their crap is somewhat different from ours. Plus, the mod by @tamirda CAN NOT be cooked in, yet. He is trying to resolve that problem.

So, I have been working on The Sickness Modz V5 and messing around with V10 of Insane......