HTC Dev Token Submission Failing

Search This thread

Jakeobie

Sep 13, 2010
Simi Valley, CA
Hey guys. Just did this for my phone on Verizon and a buddies on AT&T, but I'm having issue with a Sprint version.

I retrieve the token code via ADB (and also tried WinDroid's Universal toolkit), but when I submit the token I'm receiving the following error:

"Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed."

Everytime I run the command I get a different token, but even after 4 tokens it still produces that error. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

EDIT: DISREGARD. TOTAL USER ERROR.

Last edited:

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Hey guys. Just did this for my phone on Verizon and a buddies on AT&T, but I'm having issue with a Sprint version.

I retrieve the token code via ADB (and also tried WinDroid's Universal toolkit), but when I submit the token I'm receiving the following error:

"Error Code: 160.
Error Reason: MID Not Allowed."

Everytime I run the command I get a different token, but even after 4 tokens it still produces that error. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Have you tried doing it manually through Htc Dev?
You shouldn't get 4 different tokens for the same phone...each phone has it's own unique token.

Jakeobie

Sep 13, 2010
Simi Valley, CA
Have you tried doing it manually through Htc Dev?
You shouldn't get 4 different tokens for the same phone...each phone has it's own unique token.

I thought getting multiple different codes was odd too. I had also tried using the fastboot command (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) if thats what you meant. So this definitely isn't something everyone is encountering on this model, right?

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
I thought getting multiple different codes was odd too. I had also tried using the fastboot command (fastboot oem get_identifier_token) if thats what you meant. So this definitely isn't something everyone is encountering on this model, right?
First I've heard of it.
If you want to PM me the token I can give it a shot.

Jakeobie

Sep 13, 2010
Simi Valley, CA
Disregard

Attachments

• TokenChaos.jpg
    TokenChaos.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Globus.gd

Mar 30, 2007
Gdynia
Nothing Phone 2
Hello.. I have the same problem. Every time I get different token. I'm using Hasoon2000 All-in-one toolkit
I havn't put any of generated token on htcdev because it is a little bit confusing

OK, using also fastboot oem get_identifier_token gives every time different token :/

Last edited:

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
I didn't think you were suppose to copy the header and the footer.

Just the characters of code.

Lol, was waiting for someone to catch that. Absolutly Correct just the charachters. It actually tells you that and shows an example on the htcdev website

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't think you were suppose to copy the header and the footer.

Just the characters of code.