samsung wave instead of galaxy s?

Search This thread

xbcc

Aug 10, 2008
Hi all,

I want to use android, but the wave has camera flash and the same hardware as the galaxy s. Will it be possible to port android to wave easily? And is it likely that someone will do that in the future, since I can't do it myself?

Thanks in advance

Will.1

Sep 9, 2009
Well, for one thing the Galaxy S has a larger screen as well as more storage space.
But i think the biggest advantage is the fact that it's running Android OS. To me, this offers much more liberty and potential in terms of 3rd party apps and development.
We all know how samsung is terrible at supporting their products, especially if it's not their flagship phone.
With the Galaxy S, i'm hoping many people will jump on the most powerful android smartphone yet, especially talented XDA devs.

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
Hi all,

I want to use android, but the wave has camera flash and the same hardware as the galaxy s. Will it be possible to port android to wave easily? And is it likely that someone will do that in the future, since I can't do it myself?

Thanks in advance
The Samsung Jet and Omnia2 had similar hardware specs too....and look where that got it.

Don't dream about it, it will never happen. I'm not being snarky....It's just a dream.

Pluto

Feb 4, 2010
mycolorscreen.com
I Would've gotten the wave long time ago - smaller size , louder speaker (according to GSMA) , better looking , metalic body , camera flash

But the Bada OS just ruined the whole thing , if it ran on android damn it would've been nice ! , now i'll get an HTC Legend over the wave because of the beloved green robot ;)

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I am actually getting interested in the Wave, I just don't like the colors of the UI sometimes. and I don't like only 3.3 screen :'( but the specs are as amazing as the galaxy and cheaper priced, and better to use when travelling since a bit smaller and in my opinion looks less classy than the galaxy s.
but it doesn't have light sensor :( but it does have flash, hmm...
the UI looks smoother than android, the browsing is very fast on the browser and has full flash, i'll look at more reviews.

edit: hmm the UI on GSM arena is much nicer than on mobile burn. it's similar to the galaxy s, blue instead of grey.. which one is the official one? or can we change?

loriolus

Jan 19, 2008
One thing stops me from getting the wave is the lack of 1900 umts band for the use in U.S. However, when Howard Chui previewed the phone on his website I could see the 3G sign. As far as I know Canada only uses 850 and 1900 bands, so it makes me hopeful that the tech specs on umts bands are incorrect.

Ramsey

May 23, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
oh wow last night I was about to buy the wave from Handtec, then I started looking at my HTC Magic's android applications that I Need, and I realized they're not on Bada yet... and I can't hope that they will be, it seems like they're mostly making games for that OS, and I don't care at all about games.

I'll stick to Android and Galaxy S =D

edit: looked into Wave again and found that if we buy it from europe then we won't have 3g in the Americas because it doesn't have the hspa/3g 1900mhz band.

Last edited:

mr_arc

Nov 16, 2009
with a f/2.6 lens, the flash isnt all that important. and as for using it as a flashlight? a tiny LED torch costs £0.50, buy one and keep it on your keys - hardly a deal breaker!