[RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.0 touch recovery [2013-09-16]

Search This thread

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
-Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
-Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
-Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
-Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
-A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
-Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
-Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
-Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
-Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
-Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
-Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
-Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
-Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
-Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
-Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
-Updated exFAT to latest commits
-Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
-Update SuperSU binary
-Fixed saving of backup partitions list
-Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
-Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
-Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
-Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
-Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
OR:
You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

Last edited:

Dees_Troy

Senior Recognized Developer
Mar 31, 2008
KC MO
www.teamw.in
FAQ:

Install as a Flashable Zip? [RECOMMENDED]
  1. Download flashable zip from the OP and rename it "PG06IMG.zip" (without the quotes)
  2. Place in the root of the sdcard
  3. Power off phone (make sure you turn off hot boot or pull the battery when it's off)
  4. Power on the phone holding power and volume down
  5. Follow the prompts to flash it
  6. Delete .zip (PG06IMG.zip) after booting
  7. Enjoy

How to install with Fastboot:
  1. Download the fastboot binary for your computer from HTC
  2. Connect your phone and boot it into fastboot
  3. Run fastboot with the command
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery path/to/recovery-twrp-speedy-1.1.0.img

Does this back up Wimax partition?
That is an option if you chose. Recommended to make at least one backup of just wimax and store that somewhere safe.

The screen went black after doing [insert random function]. What is the issue?
When testing the recovery early on we noticed fastboot wasnt a stable way to flash the recovery. Random issues would arise after using the method. As a result and a solution, flashing the recovery via the PG06IMG.zip is recommended to avoid such issues. Please try this as a solution.

I found a bug! What do I do?
Well you're probably going to want to post here and see if other people are having the same issue. We're also going to start tracking bugs on Github along with our project. This will let you see what issues we are aware of. You can submit a bug here: https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues Be sure to include how you came about the issue as well as list your device and how you installed twrp.

Have a great new feature idea for TWRP?
Submit it on our Github page! It'll help us track it and notify you of the progress. https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/issues

Why should I use this over ClockworkMod?
While all three recoveries offer roughly the same abilities (backup, restore, flash) we feel like ours adds a bit more in addition to the basics as well as blend some of the more useful features. A few differences to hightlight:
  • USB Mass Storage mode (Not in CWM)
  • Re-organized menus with most commonly used features on top
  • Saveable settings for all preferences selected
  • Date and battery display (configurable timezones)
  • Ability to auto-reboot after flashing
  • Color themes
  • Capacitive button support
Go a head and give it a try! You've got nothing to lose. If you don't like it you can always roll back to whatever recovery you want. Of course, shift might go all Emo Pony on us, but he'll get over it.

Last edited:

strapped365

Mar 14, 2011
Columbus
Thank you for this amazing recovery teamwin! Way way better then anyone ever expected! CWM will prolly never be used again lol

Supremely Shifted

linuxman008

Apr 9, 2011
Yeah, been using this since last night, it is awesome. And clockwork did have USB storage mode, its in the advanced settings, not that it matters anymore.

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
Found bug....

Rom: CM7 nightly 214(latest)
Kernel: PershootV9
Twrp install method: bootloader

Bug: whenever I go to fix permissions, the green progress bar will go all the way to them end and then freeze... I did it twice to make sure, but i needed to pull the battery both times

Teleported from my Shifty Speedy using Tapatalk

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump
Found bug....

Bug: whenever I go to fix permissions, the green progress bar will go all the way to them end and then freeze... I did it twice to make sure, but i needed to pull the battery both times

Same thing here.. Had to do a battery pull.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

rhodiggah

Aug 11, 2010
South City
Haha... You can still use RM to reboot to TWRP recovery and when I tried to backup my ROM (through RM) (just to see what would happen) it just sends me to TWRP recovery as well...

from the "CRACKED" Speedy EVO Engine...

jesusice

Dec 22, 2010
Found bug....

Are you sure you just didn't give it enough time? I've noticed that the progress bars actually bear no relation to the actual progress. I'm fixing permission in terminal now and I can tell you, it takes foreffingever. Haven't tried in recovery yet but I know not to believe the progress bar.

EDIT: In terminal it took 8min 24secs.

Last edited:

thronnos

Apr 28, 2011
San Antonio
www.TheOrderGaming.net
Are you sure you just didn't give it enough time? I've noticed that the progress bars actually bear no relation to the actual progress. I'm fixing permission in terminal now and I can tell you, it takes foreffingever. Haven't tried in recovery yet but I know not to believe the progress bar.

Not doubting you! But with CWM it took barely a minute.

crump84

Feb 19, 2011
The Gump

I waited a good 5 minutes after the "end" of the progress bar and finally did a battery pull. I was able to fix permissions through terminal, just didn't work through recovery.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
Sweet new recovery. Does it support partitioning of sdcard yet? I think I'll wait for TWRP 2.x

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Phone look:

Tablet look:

CHANGELOG for 2.6.3.0:
    -Proper backup and restore of SELinux contexts (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Pull in some ROM information for backup name generation
    -Merge all recent patches from AOSP bringing TWRP up to date with Android 4.3
    -Add 1200x1920 theme (thanks to Tassadar)
    -A few other fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.1.0:
    -Initial SELinux support (only a few devices, need testers so come by IRC if your device doesn't have it and needs it)
    -Initial support for f2fs file system formatting (Moto X)
    -Update SuperSU install for 4.3 ROMs
    -Fixed a permissions bug on files created during backup
    -Fixed a bug that caused TWRP to not wait for compressed backups to finish causing 0 byte files and md5sums to not match
    -Fixed decryption of encrypted data so that both TouchWiz and AOSP decryption are possible
    -Ignore lost+found folder during backup and size calculations
    -Various other minor bug fixes and tweaks

CHANGELOG for 2.6.0.0:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.6.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not have some of the new changes visible (e.g. you won't be able to encrypt a backup)!
    -Can encrypt a backup to prevent theft of private data from your backup files
    -Updated graphics / icon courtesy of shift
    -Updated exFAT to latest commits
    -Fixed a problem with Samsung TouchWiz decryption
    -Update SuperSU binary
    -Fixed saving of backup partitions list
    -Fixed saving of last used zip install folder
    -Fixed backup of datadata on devices that use a separate partition for datadata
    -Fixed some issues with the advanced wipe list (android_secure, can now wipe internal storage on data/media deivces and wipe data on the advanced list no longer formats the entire data partition)
    -Fixed some problems with partitioning a SD card
    -Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Notes about encrypted backups:
    Why encrypt your backups? -- Most people store their backups on the device. Any app that has permission to access storage could potentially read your backup files and try to harvest your data. Encrypted backups also provide an added layer of security if you move your backups to other storage devices or to the cloud. The encryption that we're using is probably not strong enough for enterprise level security, but should be strong enough to make it significantly difficult to get to your data.

Encryption is using OpenAES which uses AES 128-bit cbc encryption. If you happen to use a longer password (over 16 characters) then the encryption strength improves to 192 or 256 bits. Do not forget your password. If you forget your password you will be unable to restore your backup. We don't encrypt the entire backup. Encryption is very CPU intensive and can be fairly slow even when we spread the workload over multiple cores even on the latest high-end devices. To ensure that encrypted backups don't take forever, we don't encrypt any other partitions besides /data and in /data we don't encrypt /data/app (or other app related directories where apks are stored) and we don't encrypt dalvik cache.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    1) Install GooManager from the Play Store
    2) Open GooManager and provide root permissions
    3) Hit Menu (or the button with the 3 dots on your screen) and then Install OpenRecovery
    OR:
    You can find more information and download links on our website!

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's pretty much impossible for us to keep up with the more than 40 threads that we have for the devices that we "directly" support. If you have a significant problem that cannot be answered in this thread, your best bet is to PM me directly, contact us via our website, or find us in our IRC channel below. If you see someone that's struggling, feel free to point it out to us. We need your help to help us keep track of all of our devices! Thanks!

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.2.0 touch recovery [2013-02-25]
    [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.4.3.0 touch recovery [2013-03-01]