[Q] Of all the ICS roms available, what are the popular ones with users on here?

Search This thread

TheDoctorZ

Dec 3, 2011
Ok, so I've rad the skyICS rom installed for a while and it functions fine. Bugs here and there. Anyways I want to start fresh on an actual ICS rom, but not following the forums for at least a month I am overwhelmed with all the ones available.

Basically all I need is a stable rom with good battery life. If you can point me at ones you think have good battery life I can go from there. Just looking for a little direction.

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
mhx superlite is really popular, he's a good dev, as well as seancreamz ics - the real thing 4.1 alpha 3. Can't forget team perfection with appdroid and wali01x, my personal fav

billownz

Dec 15, 2010
I use smooth ice since it has the most complete asop them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

mauix

Apr 2, 2012
Los Angeles
mhx superlite is really popular, he's a good dev, as well as seancreamz ics - the real thing 4.1 alpha 3. Can't forget team perfection with appdroid and wali01x, my personal fav

I'm on superlite... but when clicking on some functions it FCs (like the button to the left of the green phone button in the dialer). I wonder if this is a defect of the leak itself.

What makes wali01x your favorite? May I ask, since it seems you have tried all of these, what are the main differences?

Thanks!

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
I'm on superlite... but when clicking on some functions it FCs (like the button to the left of the green phone button in the dialer). I wonder if this is a defect of the leak itself.

What makes wali01x your favorite? May I ask, since it seems you have tried all of these, what are the main differences?

Thanks!

fcs indicate improper flash. wali01x is not my fav, the rom is. but if u do happen to read this i still luv u wali! (no homo). Read each rom description for the differences, most are subtle, and if they are of priority to u, most users end up leaning a certain way

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
fcs indicate improper flash. wali01x is not my fav, the rom is. but if u do happen to read this i still luv u wali! (no homo). Read each rom description for the differences, most are subtle, and if they are of priority to u, most users end up leaning a certain way

lol i didn't see that and yah i <3 u too no homo lol.. im actually just too bored of ICS NOW =\ ive moved back to gb and gonna sell this phone and get gnexus or i9100.. lol having flash withdrawl symptoms because no kernels can support any new stuff. all devs to do kernel have moved because im quite sure for same reason or the other. but yah ive decided to do the same..

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
lol i didn't see that and yah i <3 u too no homo lol.. im actually just too bored of ICS NOW =\ ive moved back to gb and gonna sell this phone and get gnexus or i9100.. lol having flash withdrawl symptoms because no kernels can support any new stuff. all devs to do kernel have moved because im quite sure for same reason or the other. but yah ive decided to do the same..

sad sad day... is appdroif and the rest of team perfection going to continue, or are they eventually planning on following suite?

xxsicknessxx

Nov 21, 2011
sky ice if you follow directions well (IF YOU DONT)

ice super lite (more easy simplle)

following directions sky ice simple as can be no issues :p and im retarded at times and i managed

hollywood74

Oct 11, 2007
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Seanzscreams ROM's have always been rock solid for me. Buttery smooth, great battery life and the customizations are endless. You can really make it your own. It acts as my nandroid when I want to try out new stuff.

sKiNz-PouNdeR

Apr 20, 2012
Toronto
NexusMod ICS Zero is where it's at! Been running the Beta 7 for several days and it is smooth as silk, beautiful and amazing battery life compared to stock.

I am now getting about 32 hours with moderate use. I was lucky if I had 6 hours on the I727 stock Rom!

Do yourself a favour and test it out! You WILL NOT be disappointed!

boobah204

Apr 3, 2012
Atlanta
I've been running sky ics ucld2 build since it came out. It has great battery life and has a lot of options and will make a flash junkie out of you if you aren't already. But I was using mod1441's nexusmod gb before ics leaked and found it suitably stable and I trust his ics rom is just as satisfying. I'd say if you're down for messing around a lot and seeing what you can get your skyrocket to do (which may require a few broken eggs here and there but some really good f'ing omelets) then try sky ics. But keep current with the thread because people are finding new stuff to mess with every day. I've not used the latest nexusmod so I really have no ground to call it "the more conservative choice" but I'd imagine that's the way to go if you want a very nice stable quality rom that is more or less worry free. I've also heard nice things of embryo and alien has it's own very devoted following.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

noobtesting

Aug 9, 2008
I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

ganja_guru

May 3, 2011
I haven't come across a more stable ICS rom than embryo 2.1. mohan_kr clearly cares about quality. Not a single fc. Interestingly, he says not to fix permissions on his roms cause he's done it already :)

Sent via carrier pigeon.

scott14719

Dec 24, 2011
I am using Alien 7.2 and am having no problems at all. It is very fast, great battery life and all the bloatware is gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Alien is always a good bet. It all depends on what you are looking for. A ROM like Sky ICS offers heavier theming and add-ons while a ROM like Alien offers a solid and dependable optimized Base with a few upgrades and extras.