Search This thread

Simon Baker

Jun 11, 2009
Hi
My wife and i use Galaxy s3 phones. Recently hers turned itself off in the night and wont turn on again. It was running a stock ROM unrooted. Battery is OK (tried on my phone). When I switch on I get the words Samsung Galaxy s3 but it goes no further. I can get into download mode but PC doesnt recognise the phone and wont boot to recovery using the 3 key press. In download mode I get an android picture and the word downloading... but unsure quite what it might be or not downloading. If I pug in to power I get a pic of a battery which shows no animation, colour and the bar is at zero. (I wondered if this was the problem I have seen documented of sudden unexplicable bricking of the S3)

I plan to leave it a few hours like this in download mode with poer cable on to see what happens now but maybe there is someone who can give advice even if its "buy a new phone".... The top L of the screen says
ODIN MODE
Product Name:
Custom Binary Download: no
Current Binary: Samsung official
System status:Custom

Thanks a million you clever folks
Simon

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
You have half SDS where the emmc chip is corrupt, nothing you can do yourself.

You should be able to obtain a warranty repair from Samsung, although your system status says the phone had been rooted at some point.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simon Baker

Simon Baker

Jun 11, 2009

You should be able to obtain a warranty repair from Samsung, although your system status says the phone had been rooted at some point.

Thanks for your quick reply. I understand from other posts that system status may falsely indicate the phone as having been rooted as a consequence of the half SDS, so have mailed the phone for repair. Do you have a view on whether the phone appears to be rooted with half SDS? I dont think I rooted it!
thanks
Simon

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
I've not heard that one, but you would remember if you had rooted it so it's probable. Afaik rooting won't invalidate warranty in Europe anyway.

Reactions: Simon Baker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've not heard that one, but you would remember if you had rooted it so it's probable. Afaik rooting won't invalidate warranty in Europe anyway.