[Q] my s5 g900h heatsup a lot when I charge it with usb 3.0 is this normal .

Search This thread

sandeep20064096

Dec 14, 2012
Hi How much time its taking to get fully charged with USB 3.0.
Are you able to transfor the files faster using USB 3.0 than 2.0.

StanleyJes

Jul 25, 2011
Even I got the same problem. Exynos processor is reported having high temperature while charging and running processor intensive apps.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

sandeep20064096

Dec 14, 2012
Hi which one you have snadragon version os octa core version

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Sorry I mean or

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
Yes, It is totally normal.
I have 3 S5's in my friend circle and they all heat up while charging or playing HD games.

And it doesn't make sense charging it with 3.0 USB through AC adapter.
It should not affect charging speed. :p

raunaqseth

May 8, 2012
jaipur
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
It definitely Affect charging

Yes, It is totally normal.
I have 3 S5's in my friend circle and they all heat up while charging or playing HD games.

And it doesn't make sense charging it with 3.0 USB through AC adapter.
It should not affect charging speed. :p

Even the Samsung Company itnself is specifing that feature .... n it definitely charges up ur device faster ....

raunaqseth

May 8, 2012
jaipur
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
As far I know, Samsung mentioned to use that USB 3.0 Cable in USB 3.0 Port of the computer for faster charging.

Do you think your AC Adapter has USB 3.0 connecters inside it? :eek:

dude its the cable that matters .. u plugin usb 3.0 cable in ur charger n u wl get the results ... company said use usb 3.0 for faster charging ... n charging is generally done by chargers .. so use ur cable with chargers dude

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
dude its the cable that matters .. u plugin usb 3.0 cable in ur charger n u wl get the results ... company said use usb 3.0 for faster charging ... n charging is generally done by chargers .. so use ur cable with chargers dude

I am just trying to clear your doubts and everybody Else's.

Connect your phone with USB 3.0 Cable to Laptops/Desktops USB 2.0 Connector port.
What will happen is Windows will alert you saying "This device can perform faster if connected to USB 3.0 Port"
Now open "Battery Monitor Widget Pro" and check charging mA values.

Second step,
Connect the phone to USB 3.0 USB Port to Laptop/Desktop.
Windows will not alert you anything now.

If you are getting confused how to differentiate USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Connectors then go through the attached images.

raunaqseth

May 8, 2012
jaipur
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
As far I know, Samsung mentioned to use that USB 3.0 Cable in USB 3.0 Port of the computer for faster charging.

Do you think your AC Adapter has USB 3.0 connecters inside it? :eek:

dude its the cable that matters .. u plugin usb 3.0 cable in ur charger n u wl get the results ... company said use usb 3.0 for faster charging ... n charging is generally done by chargers .. so use ur cable with chargers dude ..
Data n charging both depends on the cable

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
dude its the cable that matters .. u plugin usb 3.0 cable in ur charger n u wl get the results ... company said use usb 3.0 for faster charging ... n charging is generally done by chargers .. so use ur cable with chargers dude ..
Data n charging both depends on the cable

Anyone who will go through this topic will understand. ;)

Anyway, have fun with S5.

raunaqseth

May 8, 2012
jaipur
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
I am just trying to clear your doubts and everybody Else's.

Connect your phone with USB 3.0 Cable to Laptops/Desktops USB 2.0 Connector port.
What will happen is Windows will alert you saying "This device can perform faster if connected to USB 3.0 Port"

Second step,
Connect the phone to USB 3.0 USB Port to Laptop/Desktop.
Windows will not alert you anything now.

If you are getting confused how to differentiate USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Connectors then go through the attached images.

I knw d diff between 2 ... I m telling u that the thing is that .. transfer rate of charging is more ... not the apmere changes voltage remains d same but the rate of charging increases ... due to use of port 3.0 ... I had tried both ways using 2.0 n 3.0 n there is drastic diff .. in data transfer as well as charging ... I just want to let u knw that the cable ... matters .. ya port matters in case of data transfer thats why ur desktp say that device can perform faster .. dats in the means for data transfer not for charging charging .. desktop or laptop are not made for charging ur cell phones so dont treat them like a charging station ... try using both the cable with ur charger u will find the result ...

Last edited:

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
I knw d diff between 2 ... I m telling u that the thing is that .. transfer rate of charging is more ... not the apmere changes voltage remains d same but the rate of charging increases ... due to use of port 3.0 ... I had tried both ways using 2.0 n 3.0 n there is drastic diff .. in data transfer as well as charging ... I just want to let u knw that the cable ... matters .. ya port matters in case of data transfer thats why ur desktp say that device can perform faster .. dats in the means for charging .. desktop or laptop are not made for charging ur cell phones so dont treat them like a charging station ... try using both the cable with ur charger u will find the result ...

I also have both cables 3.0 and 2.0.
I checked it with "Battery Monitor Widget Pro".
(It showed me mA charging volt)
And also checked it with "Battery Drain Analyzer"
(It showed me time required to charge)

Did you check the charging current with any app?

raunaqseth

May 8, 2012
jaipur
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
I also have both cables 3.0 and 2.0.
I checked it with "Battery Monitor Widget Pro".
(It showed me mA charging volt)
And also checked it with "Battery Drain Analyzer"
(It showed me time required to charge)

Did you check the charging current with any app?
Dude do it practically . Na why depends on apps they r not accurate ... just drain ur battery to 0 n then charge to 100with 2.0 n note the time .. n .. then .. drain ur battery to 0 again n charge to 100 with 3.0 n note the time u will find out for detaild knowledge google -" diff in working of usb 2.0 n 3.0 port n cables" u will find out ...

SandeepEmekar

Oct 6, 2011
Dude do it practically . Na why depends on apps they r not accurate ... just drain ur battery to 0 n then charge to 100with 2.0 n note the time .. n .. then .. drain ur battery to 0 again n charge to 100 with 3.0 n note the time u will find out for detaild knowledge google -" diff in working of usb 2.0 n 3.0 port n cables" u will find out ...

Okay
Can you tell me the time difference between 2.0 cable and 3.0 cable?

Top Liked Posts