[Q] Wifi turns off automatically after 4.4.2 update

Search This thread

jonynoname

Nov 7, 2012
hi

I updated to 4.4.2 yesterday. And since then the Wifi turns off automatically after a few minutes when phone goes to sleep

I checked the wifi settings>Keep wifi on during sleep with both "always" and "never"

the problem still persists

Is anyone else facing a similar issue or am i missing something in the settings

Your help would be appreciated

Thanks

muharrem

Nov 12, 2013
hi

I updated to 4.4.2 yesterday. And since then the Wifi turns off automatically after a few minutes when phone goes to sleep

I checked the wifi settings>Keep wifi on during sleep with both "always" and "never"

Is anyone else facing a similar issue or am i missing something in the settings

Your help would be appreciated

Thanks

Yes same problem. Just Dr.Ketan goodbye edition works great during a day but after reboot device same problem occurred :(

Televinken

Mar 12, 2009
Wifi turns off automatically after a few minutes when phone goes to sleep

Welcome to the club, mate! For me, wifi has almost never worked as it should.
Mostly, it works just fine until the phone goes to sleep for a few minutes. Then
the speed is reduced to around 1-2 Mbit/s, & the only way to restore the speed
is to turn wifi off & then turn it on again. After doing that, everything's Hunky Dory
until the phone goes to sleep again. Then the story repeats itself....
I've almost given up on Samsung by now, since they seem totally unable (unwilling?)
to fix this widely experienced issue. Also, their update scheme for this "flag ship" (?)
suck big time, at least for us wanting the "NEE" version of KK4.4.2....
And btw, this phone also seems unable to record both sides of a conversation
when using a BT headset. That's NOT ok in 2014, Sammy! You've got my
money once, but you've made sure that I won't do the same mistake twice.

rimgoru

May 8, 2011
try to flash custom kernel that new stock has not updated kernel and wifi also fails to flash the last superuser 1.99

gb61

Oct 3, 2014
bourgoin-jalieu
Hi , is not the best solution but you can try Juice defender to automatically turn wifi on when phone wakes.
I'm on dr Ketan V14 rom and wifi works fine.
I hope that can help you.

Official_Noob

Oct 25, 2013
Sin City, Las Vegas, NV
I realize that this is an old thread.... amazing how they just peter out with no real solution.
N7100, stock ROM, Rooted, and have Xposed Deep deep wifi sleep activated.
This happens about 90% of the time coming out of sleep, even the wifi quick setting is un-illuminated so have to turn it back on. When phone is shut down and then restarted, it happens 100% of the time, even after a full re-install of the ROM, 4.4.2.
I've stopped worrying about it.