[APP][4.0+] Backup+ [Beta]- App backup and restore

Search This thread

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
Backup + has been made with the aim of being a complete backup and app manipulation program. It is in very early stages of it's development and is for now considered to be an alpha.

HELP WITH TRANSLATIONS, CLICK HERE.

Can backup apps without data for non-rooted devices.

Bugs are to be expected and as an early adapter you are requested to report crashes and force-closes using the built-in bug reporter which appears when the app crashes. You can also mail me with your feature requests, suggestions and ideas. Right now it only has the basic app backup and restore functionality, but expect this app to mature with time.

Just for the sake of clarity regarding the pro version, this app will have multiple in-app purchases for each premium feature, and not just a single pro key. This will allow you to buy just the features you need and avoid paying for the features you don't want. The total worth of all the in-app purchases will still be less than/equal to the pro keys of other backup solutions.

Features-

- One click batch Backup/Restore
- Multiple backups
- Freeze/ Unfreeze apps
- Simple easy to use interface
- Three backup modes (App only, Data only, App+data)
- App backup in non - rooted devices
- Dark/Light themes
- Multiple app manipulation options
- Cloud backup/restore (Dropbox)

Last edited:

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
Changelog

Beta 2 R1 - 2016/02/09
- Now backup to Dropbox (Available under "Extras" in-app purchase)
- Bug fixes
- Updated translations

Beta 1 - 2015/10/22
- Fix for backups not showing up in the restore screen

Beta 1 - 2015/10/20
-Added full support for Android 6.0 (new permissions model)
-Filter/sorting selection is now persistent
-App will now remember your last backup/restore mode
-Swipe-able notification will stay after backup/restore is complete
-Will check for duplicates while restoring wi-fi access points
-Improvements to scheduled backup

Alpha 8 R1 - 2015/6/14
- Fixed crashes with scheduled backup
- Added initial support for android M
- Some minor UI updates
- Fixed crashes at backup start on some cases

Alpha 6 R1 - 2015/3/6
- Schedule backup fixes (should work without fail now)
- Some memory and processor usage optimization
- Should now work with other SuperUser apps (in theory, SuperSu is still the recommended and supported SU app)
- Fixes for freeze when restoring single apps from dialog
A lot of internal changes have been made to optimize the app, so some things might have been broken in the process, please report these. E-mail is the fastest way to reach me)

Alpha 5 R1 - 2014/12/29
- Fixed the infamous TAR errors, added an alternative method, should work on all phones now (Need feedback)
- Wi-fi access points, call logs & SMS backups
- Fixed a bug with system apps backup
- Added initial translations

Alpha 4 R3 - 2014/11/28
-Fixed root problems on Android 5.0
-Added a manual way to edit backup location
-Enhanced error detection on failed backups (Problematic backups will be marked red)
-Possible fix for the notorious "No such file or directory" bug (Need confirmation)

Alpha 4 R2 - 2014/11/11
-Added link for translations page
-Minor bug fix

Alpha 4 - 2014/11/10
- Scheduled backup (not properly tested, experimental build)
- Option to restore multiple apps as system (use cautiously, not all apps like to be restored as system apps, do not replace existing system apps)
- Fixed a bug where deleting an app's backup deleted the whole backup directory
- Some fixes for restore as system mode

Alpha 3 - 2014/10/30
- UI improvements
- Bug fixes
- Notifications for active backup/restore
- Will now show warning if busybox/SuperSu missing
- Now creates log for each backup/restore (Long press on backup directory list to see)
- Option to disable vibrations
- Quick install mode for non-rooted users, clicking an app will install it, instead of selecting it.

Alpha 2 R2- 2014/10/18
- Fixed crashes on Android 5.0 lollipop

Alpha 2 - 2014/10/17
- Added system apps (paid option)
- Added backup location option (settings)
- Fixed layout on backup screen for apps with really long names
- Some interaction improvements
- Bug fixes

Alpha 1 R2 - 10/10/2014
- Fix for diagnostics screen crash on some devices
- Fix for wrong system partition memory status
- More accurate size calculation of backups and apps
- Reduction in app size
- Should perform just a little bit faster

Alpha 1 R3 - 10/11/2014
- A little-hint of material design even for older android versions

Last edited:

boomer8403

I like the look and feel of the app considering it's only in alpha stage. One bug I have is that anytime I exit the app with the back button and open it again, it checks for root. Not a big deal but a bug nonetheless. Keep up the good work.

My device is a Nexus 5.

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
I like the look and feel of the app considering it's only in alpha stage. One bug I have is that anytime I exit the app with the back button and open it again, it checks for root. Not a big deal but a bug nonetheless. Keep up the good work.

My device is a Nexus 5.
@boomer8403 Thank you for your comment. It will definitely be fixed in the next release, I have a lot of good things planned for this app, so stay tuned.

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
I see it lists 1 click backup/restore, so on restore does that mean it will do like a batch restore of apps without prompting for each app to install them? And if so will that feature work if your not rooted?

I guess batch restore is limited to root only :(
Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
I see it lists 1 click backup/restore, so on restore does that mean it will do like a batch restore of apps without prompting for each app to install them? And if so will that feature work if your not rooted?

I guess batch restore is limited to root only :(
Sent from my SPH-L720T using XDA Free mobile app

Yes, sorry about that,batch restore is available only to rooted users, for non rooted devices, you have to long press on each app and select install.

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
Love the fact that this app has No Root Backup being that my Note 4 doesn't have root yet. Bought the premium features to support the dev, only feature I see missing is scheduled backups. Wish this was around when I switched from the G3 to the Note 4. Been using TB for years and happy to replace it, I'm an out with the old in with the new type guy.

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
Love the fact that this app has No Root Backup being that my Note 4 doesn't have root yet. Bought the premium features to support the dev, only feature I see missing is scheduled backups. Wish this was around when I switched from the G3 to the Note 4. Been using TB for years and happy to replace it, I'm an out with the old in with the new type guy.

Thank you for the support, scheduled backup is the next feature on the list, Cloud backup will follow.

gh0stslayer

Nov 3, 2010
Bangalore
Good to know that there is a Dev who likes to have the material design in backup apps, was requesting this UI redesign for TiBU since a long time and no one heard, I will try when this app gets schedule backup as it is a must for me.
Thanks (already pressed the button) :) :good:

Thanks a lot, expect some moar material design in upcoming days. As for scheduled backup, I will start work on it very soon. Stay tuned.

Edit : @paarkhi To backup to external SD change the backup location in settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: paarkhi

thereal_bigjake

Sep 17, 2012
Centralia
The drawer button on Nexus 7 FLO
15fc75a30f875692fb3320b1ecff1298.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Backup + has been made with the aim of being a complete backup and app manipulation program. It is in very early stages of it's development and is for now considered to be an alpha.

HELP WITH TRANSLATIONS, CLICK HERE.

Can backup apps without data for non-rooted devices.

Bugs are to be expected and as an early adapter you are requested to report crashes and force-closes using the built-in bug reporter which appears when the app crashes. You can also mail me with your feature requests, suggestions and ideas. Right now it only has the basic app backup and restore functionality, but expect this app to mature with time.

Just for the sake of clarity regarding the pro version, this app will have multiple in-app purchases for each premium feature, and not just a single pro key. This will allow you to buy just the features you need and avoid paying for the features you don't want. The total worth of all the in-app purchases will still be less than/equal to the pro keys of other backup solutions.

Features-

- One click batch Backup/Restore
    - Multiple backups
    - Freeze/ Unfreeze apps
    - Simple easy to use interface
    - Three backup modes (App only, Data only, App+data)
    - App backup in non - rooted devices
    - Dark/Light themes
    - Multiple app manipulation options
    - Cloud backup/restore (Dropbox)

Changelog

Beta 2 R1 - 2016/02/09
    - Now backup to Dropbox (Available under "Extras" in-app purchase)
    - Bug fixes
    - Updated translations

Beta 1 - 2015/10/22
    - Fix for backups not showing up in the restore screen

Beta 1 - 2015/10/20
    -Added full support for Android 6.0 (new permissions model)
    -Filter/sorting selection is now persistent
    -App will now remember your last backup/restore mode
    -Swipe-able notification will stay after backup/restore is complete
    -Will check for duplicates while restoring wi-fi access points
    -Improvements to scheduled backup

Alpha 8 R1 - 2015/6/14
    - Fixed crashes with scheduled backup
    - Added initial support for android M
    - Some minor UI updates
    - Fixed crashes at backup start on some cases

Alpha 6 R1 - 2015/3/6
    - Schedule backup fixes (should work without fail now)
    - Some memory and processor usage optimization
    - Should now work with other SuperUser apps (in theory, SuperSu is still the recommended and supported SU app)
    - Fixes for freeze when restoring single apps from dialog
    A lot of internal changes have been made to optimize the app, so some things might have been broken in the process, please report these. E-mail is the fastest way to reach me)

Alpha 5 R1 - 2014/12/29
    - Fixed the infamous TAR errors, added an alternative method, should work on all phones now (Need feedback)
    - Wi-fi access points, call logs & SMS backups
    - Fixed a bug with system apps backup
    - Added initial translations

Alpha 4 R3 - 2014/11/28
    -Fixed root problems on Android 5.0
    -Added a manual way to edit backup location
    -Enhanced error detection on failed backups (Problematic backups will be marked red)
    -Possible fix for the notorious "No such file or directory" bug (Need confirmation)

Alpha 4 R2 - 2014/11/11
    -Added link for translations page
    -Minor bug fix

Alpha 4 - 2014/11/10
    - Scheduled backup (not properly tested, experimental build)
    - Option to restore multiple apps as system (use cautiously, not all apps like to be restored as system apps, do not replace existing system apps)
    - Fixed a bug where deleting an app's backup deleted the whole backup directory
    - Some fixes for restore as system mode

Alpha 3 - 2014/10/30
    - UI improvements
    - Bug fixes
    - Notifications for active backup/restore
    - Will now show warning if busybox/SuperSu missing
    - Now creates log for each backup/restore (Long press on backup directory list to see)
    - Option to disable vibrations
    - Quick install mode for non-rooted users, clicking an app will install it, instead of selecting it.

Alpha 2 R2- 2014/10/18
    - Fixed crashes on Android 5.0 lollipop

Alpha 2 - 2014/10/17
    - Added system apps (paid option)
    - Added backup location option (settings)
    - Fixed layout on backup screen for apps with really long names
    - Some interaction improvements
    - Bug fixes

Alpha 1 R2 - 10/10/2014
    - Fix for diagnostics screen crash on some devices
    - Fix for wrong system partition memory status
    - More accurate size calculation of backups and apps
    - Reduction in app size
    - Should perform just a little bit faster

Alpha 1 R3 - 10/11/2014
    - A little-hint of material design even for older android versions
    @blambo @NCguy

OK guys, after breaking my head on this issue for a couple of days I found the solution. Seems like all of you are on SuperSu version 2.46 (the stable Play Store version). I updated to SuperSu beta 2.52 and it works as normal now. So to sum it up "update to SuperSU beta 2.52" if you are on marshmallow. I will release an update of Backup+ with some bug-fixes, improvements and proper 6.0 support.

Thanks for your support and thanks for reporting this problem

Edit: Super Su Beta link
    Hi

Ok guys, this is out here for you lovely people to try out. Any ideas, suggestions , contributions, bug reports are more than welcome.

Please do leave your invaluable feedback and comments.
    The sorting in Restore tab needs to be set each time one opens app. The last chosen sort is not saved, so if I choose sort date asc/dsc I have to select it again next time I use the app.
    It would be great to have it persist, each time view is changed that setting(chosen value) should be stored and restored next time app launches, (as done in various file explorers).

Great to see development
    Curious to know if you have any other plans for the app(new features | or other projects)

OK, will ad sorting persistence in the next update.

For now I am trying to add Backup to cloud, although will take some time to design all the workflow. Also stuck at a stupid error with the Google drive API.