[CM ROM [hlte/universal] OFFICIAL CyanogenMod Builds (Nightlies)

Search This thread

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Does anybody know of any big benefits to having the KK bootloader over the JB one? I'm on the JB bootloader but can upgrade to the KK one (I think?) by flashing the SM-N900W8 KitKat leak.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You have the luxuary of upgrading and downgrading at will with the w8 :)

Reactions: Khizar

lawonga

Oct 28, 2010
Anyone else's s pen not working?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

kazukii93

Mar 9, 2013
Singapore
Hey guys, having issue with data, status bar shows LTE but data won't work eg. YouTube, whatsapp. :confused:

LTE working now, found out changing the apn solves the problem.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

syazwanimator

Feb 20, 2014
App to SD

Hey guys. Just flash CM11 from officical 4.4.2 TW, great ROM so far. My only concerns is the inability to transfer apps to sd anymore. The option are gone in the Application page. It was there before in the previous ROM.

Anyone else facing this?

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
Hey guys. Just flash CM11 from officical 4.4.2 TW, great ROM so far. My only concerns is the inability to transfer apps to sd anymore. The option are gone in the Application page. It was there before in the previous ROM.

Anyone else facing this?

Why would you wanna do that ?

JP.

Send from my 'proudly eFused' Note 3 (n9005) running Yank555.lu AOSP v0.91-beta3 kernel.

syazwanimator

Feb 20, 2014
I think that only come with stock rom

So is it a given and that everybody just accepted the fact that you can't move apps to SD anymore with CM11, or is it something the Dev are still looking into?

Why would you wanna do that ?

JP.

Send from my 'proudly eFused' Note 3 (n9005) running Yank555.lu AOSP v0.91-beta3 kernel.

I'm really not sure how to even respond to this question...
Of course it's because I'd like to free up space in my internal storage when there's a whole lot of free space in my external SD card.

Yank555

Sep 18, 2009
Sony Xperia Pro-I
I'm really not sure how to even respond to this question...
Of course it's because I'd like to free up space in my internal storage when there's a whole lot of free space in my external SD card.

My question was just a question, I wasn't "questioning your reasons", just wondering what they were.

From my understanding, this "move to SD" as it was implemented on older devices would just move the apps from internal storage to SD, which in fact would be internal SD and as such not free up any space internally at all, but just move the app somewhere else on the same partition.

Except if Samsung implemented a "real" move to external SD... Never checked that (I just ran Sammy ROM waiting for an AOSP alternative), that's the only reason I asked.

Also access to external SD cards is a lot slower than access to internal (even on a fast SD), but I suppose you'd only move out apps you don't use a lot.

JP.

Reactions: thools60

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
Hi! Noobie question. When you flash a CM nightly with a newer nightly, do you really need to wipe anything.at all or what's your recommendactions. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm Swedish.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

springer.music

Dec 15, 2010
Planet Earth
ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)
Hi! Noobie question. When you flash a CM nightly with a newer nightly, do you really need to wipe anything.at all or what's your recommendactions. Sorry for my ignorance but I'm Swedish.

It shouldn't be necessary if you update to a newer nightly from the same rom developer.

I would recommend to do a full wipe in the following cases:

- you update from a different rom

- the latest nightly breaks your system and you want to make sure that that the issue is not caused by a dirty flash

Strongly recommended: Back up your data!
Better safe than sorry ;)

Reactions: thools60

thools60

Aug 14, 2013
Kristinehamn
Thanks for a nice and informative answer. I was a bit scared to ask. I've seen more in-depth technical questions been hammered down here, hahaa!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

syazwanimator

Feb 20, 2014
My question was just a question, I wasn't "questioning your reasons", just wondering what they were.

From my understanding, this "move to SD" as it was implemented on older devices would just move the apps from internal storage to SD, which in fact would be internal SD and as such not free up any space internally at all, but just move the app somewhere else on the same partition.

Except if Samsung implemented a "real" move to external SD... Never checked that (I just ran Sammy ROM waiting for an AOSP alternative), that's the only reason I asked.

Also access to external SD cards is a lot slower than access to internal (even on a fast SD), but I suppose you'd only move out apps you don't use a lot.

JP.

Sorry for misunderstanding your reasons for questioning. Anyway, my previous ROM which is stock 4.4.2 TW had this feature implemented and I can confirm that it did move to external SD. I check on both the storage space and also the physical file itself which is visible in external SD.

I assume this feature would be easy to implement in any custom ROM and was shock to find it's absent in CM11.

So my original question is this feature being look into by the Dev or is it not a concern at all to anyone? If not it is highly probable that I would restore back to stock.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New thread for CyanogenMod builds (currently nightlies) for hlte devices. Previously, Note 3 (qualcomm devices) builds were separate, but now they are unified. So, hltespr, hltetmo, hltevzw, htlexx are now all in one build: hlte.

Download page can be found here: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=hlte.

FAQs (please read before asking any questions):

• Does this build work on the 4.4 bootloader? Yes! It works on the 4.4.2 NA6/NA7/NB3 bootloaders.
    • Is this build stable? No. There will be issues (see known issues below)
    • Where can I get the latest recovery that is compatible with this ROM? http://d-h.st/users/xiaolu/?fld_id=31963. You can also use the latest version of TWRP.
    • Can I update OTA from an hltexx, etc. build to an hlte build? No.
    • Is there any advantage to upgrading to the 4.4 bootloader? No, not really, unless you call not being able to downgrade an advantage ;).
    • Can I downgrade from a 4.4 bootloader to a 4.3 bootloader. No (you can thank Samsung for that)! The only exception to this is if you have a Canadian variant of the Note 3. Then, you can downgrade
    • Can I install this on an Eyxnos device? No!
    • Which GApps should I use? I would recommend the Paranoid Android GApps. You can them from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942. If you want the Nexus experience, get the GOOGLE STOCK PACKAGE.

Known issues:
    • LED doesn't seem to work [Being fixed. See: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/59879/] [FIXED]
    • Cannot set a preferred network type (com.android.phone crashes), unless using English (United States) as the system language.
    • Setting provider settings causes com.android.phone to crash, unless using English (United States) as the system language.
    • Sensors (e.g. humidity and temperature) stop working after the phone goes into a deep sleep (for some minutes)
    • Time settings are lost after every reboot.
    • MNVO network names are not shown correctly, e.g. Virgin is shown as Orange or T-Mobile UK,
    • Sometimes, after using the phone for a continued length of time, the screen becomes multi-coloured and the only fix is to reboot.
    • Audio channels are reversed when using headphones.
    • Phone randomly reboots.
    • USB OTG mounting doesn't work
    • Error while searching for mobile network
    • NFC doesn't work on any device, except the N9005.

What is the current build?

Current build: cm-11-20140303-NIGHTLY-hlte (direct download link by clicking on the build name) [Last updated: 03/03/14]

Please add any issues to the maintainer thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50427578
    Can anybody tell me if this build will appear as an update to those of us already running CM11 for hltexx? Currently no Stable or Nightly update is showing since the 20140130-NIGHTLY-hltexx build.

I don't think so, as you've got an hltexx build, whereas this is an hlte build. I'll add this to the FAQ.
    I know that it's universal and will work on N900W8,
    but just for my knowledge, what is the model hlte code for N900W8?

Hltecan is the codename.

Click thanks if I helped you.
    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using XDA Premium mobile app
    Where i find Changelog build?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I think it is this one (there isn't one for hlte yet): http://www.cmxlog.com/11/hltexx/.
    for all the HLTETMO and HLTECAN refugees like me... there is now a HLTETMO CM12 nightly just for us.
    So I've reinstalled my HLTECAN TWRP recovery... wipe system, flash this new nightly, flash gapps... and everything looks (it's updating the cache right now). No need to wipe data since this build is newer than the previous HLTE build I had installed.

Thanks to @slayher and others who made this possible.