[TEAM XPOSED] [MOD] Transparent notification pulldown

Search This thread

JT114881

Feb 23, 2011
Milpitas
Ok I tried it again. I took the attached APK, which is from scott's rom and works unmodified. I modified it according to what you posted above decompiling and recompiling it using APKtool. I signed it (used a different way to sign it and it signed correctly) and I get the following error (see image).

Attachments

• vtt-sprint.apk
    953.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2011-12-12_23-09-19.jpg
    2011-12-12_23-09-19.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 182

steal25

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ok I tried it again. I took the attached APK, which is from scott's rom and works unmodified. I modified it according to what you posted above decompiling and recompiling it using APKtool. I signed it (used a different way to sign it and it signed correctly) and I get the following error (see image).

The vm app is very picky, I had the same issue a few months ago with the old version . Try this pull the modified res folder and place it in the untouched apk, no need to resign. Push to system and reboot.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda

Reactions: JT114881

JT114881

Feb 23, 2011
Milpitas
The vm app is very picky, I had the same issue a few months ago with the old version . Try this pull the modified res folder and place it in the untouched apk, no need to resign. Push to system and reboot.

Doesn't work, back to not being able to recognize it. I can't install it either, says "application not installed" when I try to open the APK on my phone.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Is it impossible to edit this application?

steal25

Doesn't work, back to not being able to recognize it. I can't install it either, says "application not installed" when I try to open the APK on my phone.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Is it impossible to edit this application?

Nope, I have one edited and working in my Rom.
How are you de/recompiling? What version of apktool?

steal25

Search through the intro to tjemeimg thread the few pages I posted a zip with the newer aoktools try updating apktool in your platform tools folder and see if that helps. I gotta work in the morning so I probably won't be on here much longer.

JT114881

Feb 23, 2011
Milpitas
Search through the intro to tjemeimg thread the few pages I posted a zip with the newer aoktools try updating apktool in your platform tools folder and see if that helps. I gotta work in the morning so I probably won't be on here much longer.

I have given up. I have tried multiple different things to no avail. I switched my VM to google voice. I havent had any issues compiling any other APKs, just this one. Maybe there is security on it? I don't know... but Google voice VM gives me what I want anyway. Now I have other issues, like how to change the text selection color in a form. Thank you for all of your help though!

steal25

I have given up. I have tried multiple different things to no avail. I switched my VM to google voice. I havent had any issues compiling any other APKs, just this one. Maybe there is security on it? I don't know... but Google voice VM gives me what I want anyway. Now I have other issues, like how to change the text selection color in a form. Thank you for all of your help though!

Don't give up there's no fun in that! It's not gonna be the last app to have this issue.

Ajthescot

May 20, 2010
wandering if anyone can help with this im trying to get the music in pull down transparent
to match recent apps

Attachments

• 2012-01-12_11-05-00.jpg
    2012-01-12_11-05-00.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 801

mario_fe

Aug 15, 2011
San Juan
Hi great tutorial, one question how can edit a png to make it transparent?

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2

vaibhavcoolm

Sep 29, 2012
searched for .line 1797
but no results..any ideas i hv
.line 1106
after that some lines then
.line 1900
no
.line 1797 there..

strawhat67

Oct 15, 2012
I have AOSP halftransparent status bar on my sense 3.6,how can I make it intransparent when I pull it down? (black fully). Leedroid tweaks doesn't work with AOSP status bar...

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Xposed at it again with another mod for all of you. This time it is transparent notification pulldowns. "Sharing is caring."

Step 1: Decompile SystemUI.apk with apktool, apk manager, or baksmali.

Step 2: Navigate to \com\android\systemui\statusbar\StatusBarService.smali

Step 3: Open StatusBarService.smali in Notepad++ or any other qualified text editor.
    NOTE: Notepad and Wordpad will not edit the file properly.

Step 4: Search for:
    Code:
    .local v7, view:Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/StatusBarView;

Look below at:
    Code:
    const/4 v1, 0x2

Replace 0x2 with -0x3

Next, search for:
    Code:
     .line 1797

Directly below, look for:
    Code:
    const/4 v5, 0x2

Replace 0x2 with -0x3

Step 5: Save and close the file.

Step 6: Navigate to \res\layout\status_bar_tracking.xml

Step 7: Open status_bar_tracking.xml in qualified text editor.

Step 8: Replace the 2 instances of "list_item_background" with "status_bar_background"

Step 9: Look for:
    Code:
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="#ff000000"

Replace #ff000000 with #00000000

Step 10: Save and close file.

Step 11: Grab the existing status_bar_background.png from \res\drawable-hdpi\status_bar_background.png

Step 12: Edit it with your photo editor of choice and add your transparency.

Step 13: Save the file, and replace status_bar_background.png in \res\drawable-hdpi\status_bar_background.png with the one you just edited.

Step 14: Recompile SystemUI and flash it to your phone from recovery.

End result:
    transparency.jpg

NOTE: You may notice that the entire thing is transparent, and that the text is black. If this is not to your liking, you can make items appear white (or any other color) by looking at this line:

Code:
    <View android:id="@id/tab_header"

This is the second of the lines that you changed to status_bar_background in Step 8. Change that back to list_item_background to get your white item list back while still maintaining a transparent background.

To change text color, look for this line:
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="@com.htc:dimen/list_primary_m" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ff000000"

Look for #ff000000 and change that to your desired color. The same applies to quicksettings, which is a line below.
    for white text color on transparent background

this is just adding to what freeza has already written
    decompile systemui. go to res/values/colors

<color name="white">#ffffffff</color>
    <color name="black">#ffffffff</color>
    <color name="half_white">#7fffffff</color>
    <color name="half_black">#7fffffff</color>
    <color name="primary_text_color">#ffffffff</color>
    <color name="secondary_text_color">#ffffffff</color>
    this is what you want

then to res/values/drawables

<item type="drawable" name="notification_header_text_color">#ffffffff</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="notification_number_text_color">#ffffffff</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="list_item_background">#00000000</item>
    <item type="drawable" name="list_item_background_gray">#00000000</item>
    this is what you want

go to res/colors/bright_text_dark_focused
    make sure all colors are ffffffff

go to res/color/list_item_primary_text and change ff888888 to ffffffff

go to res/color/list_item_secondary_text and change ffb8b8b8 to ffffffff

also cant remember if this was covered but status_bar_item_background_normal.9 needs to be made transparent.

go to res/layout/status_bar

where you see this and it appears twice
    android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon

change to android:textColor="#ffffffff"

where you see this and it appears twice
    android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker"
    change to android:textColor="#ffffffff"

also any textcolor in the xml in html should be android:textColor="#ffffffff"

go to status_bar_expanded

make sure all android:textColor= is ffffffff we do not need to change the style
    android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Title"

because we have already referenced this in values/drawables

i status_bar_icon there is one text color reference. make sure it is white

in status_bar_tracking as i believe was mentioned change text color values from ff000000 to ffffffff

decompile framework-res

go to res/layout/status_bar_latest_event_content
    change all text color from ff000000 to ffffffff

go to res/drawable-hdpi and make status_bar_item_app_background_normal.9 transparent
    do the same with
    status_bar_item_background_normal.9

decompile DownloadProvider.apk

go to res/layout/status_bar_ongoing_event_progress_bar
    change all ff000000 to ffffffff

decompile DownloadProviderUI.apk

go to res/layout/download_list_item

where you see
    android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall"
    make
    android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceSmall" android:textColor="#ffffffff"
    there are five instances of this. you are adding a text color value after the refernced text appearence. make sure your syntax and spacing are right

go to res/layout/list_group_header

where you see
    android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceMedium"

add at the end as before
    android:textAppearance="?android:textAppearanceMedium" android:textColor="#ffffffff"

that is it

Cool thing about this is you can now easily change the color to blue or cyan or red much more easily. You can open the whole res folder by highlighting res and an xml like the manifest. I use notepad ++. Then under search/ replace look for ffffffff and change with whatever color value you want. BAM instant color change!

example with blue text

2011-08-29_21-20-02.jpg
    2011-08-27_23-26-31.jpg
    Great tutorial. I have one question, how do you get the Notification text from black to white.

I highlighted the exact text I am referring to in the attachment.

NOTE: You may notice that the entire thing is transparent, and that the text is black. If this is not to your liking, you can make items appear white (or any other color) by looking at this line:

Code:
    <View android:id="@id/tab_header"
    This is the second of the lines that you changed to status_bar_background in Step 8. Change that back to list_item_background to get your white item list back while still maintaining a transparent background.

To change text color, look for this line:
    Code:
    <TextView android:textSize="@com.htc:dimen/list_primary_m" android:textStyle="bold" android:textColor="#ff000000"
    [code]

Look for #ff000000 and change that to your desired color. The same applies to quicksettings, which is a line below.
    There are a few changes that need to be made. If you want all transparent background then there are text color edits that need to be made in three or four systemui xmls, download provider.apk and download provider ui .apk. also a text change in framework. This is a good thread. I'll type up something coherent when I get home to add to it.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    You sir are the BOMB!

This was what I was looking for. I was changing line by line to see what woudl happen but eventually gave up and modded someone else mod... To get it the way I want.

This is getting save in favorites for next time!

Thanks!

thanks ! you can even go further into framework/res/values/styles and com.htc.resources but i found that these changes cover most notifications