[NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

Search This thread

nowell29

Feb 4, 2009
Phoenix
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 4
+1 for ubuntu top
Webtop is great, but ubuntu top would be awesome!
I would like to get webtop2sd to work on droid 4, but the dev hasn't responded to my query yet.

Also, as an fyi, the atrix lapdock works on the droid 4 if you flip the connectors over. That is what I am using. Glad to give help and pictures to anyone interested. Just PM me. Cheaper and a bit larger than the lapdock 100's, especially if you get it off of craigs!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danzoman

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
After a fresh install with the new 4-5 nightly with "LTE FIX", data on boot has been rock solid so far today, even after multiple reboots. Will report back if that changes.

Just wanted to share.

*** Sent from OCd ICS D4 ***

Reactions: kwyrt

cron666

Jan 14, 2009
Ocean City
keyboard not lighting

if i wake the device with the keyboard closed, then open the keyboard, the keys do not light and i have to change the screen brightness to get the keys lit.

if i wake the device by opening the keyboard, the keys light up.

softkeys have been fine.
havent had any LTE problems on 04-04 build. ill try the 04-05 build and report back.

liquidoc

Sep 1, 2008
After a fresh install with the new 4-5 nightly with "LTE FIX", data on boot has been rock solid so far today, even after multiple reboots. Will report back if that changes.

Just wanted to share.

Is the "lte fix" something that you downloaded separately and applied in safe strap or is it supposed to be included in the 4/05 update?

Unfortunately 4/05 gives me the same issues with data the rest of the builds has so far :( back to stock for me.

phrir1

Dec 11, 2011
This came straight off of the changelog page......
here

"LGEQualcommUiccRIL: Fix LTE support"
Which was done on 4-5 so I assumed that it was in the 4-5 nightly and gave it a shot.

I started from a fresh slate. I wiped everything, data, cache, dalivik cache, also format /system

I have rebooted multiple times today and data comes up and locks in within 5-10 seconds and is solid from that point on.

Last edited:

problematic

Jan 11, 2011
The LTE fix seems to have gone a long way to fix a lot of the problems. When toggling LTE on and off it doesn't seem nearly as glitchy. It's still hard to tell if it's functioning 100% because on boot it doesn't connect right away, and I saw it sit on 3g for awhile after toggling it on one of the times until I switched it off and on again.

On 3-25 I was seeing an error where data would die out instead of going to 3g with LTE toggled off, but would work again with it toggled back on. (I ended up needing to leave LTE on most of the time with this build even though I'd rather leave my phone on 3g until I have a need for LTE in order to conserve battery). I have yet to see any of the prior bugs on the new revision. Crossing my fingers and hoping it's squashed.

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
i flashed the latest one earlier, data worked most of the day, then it just went to gray bars after 6 hours of use

topxshelfxtre

Oct 30, 2010
Christiansburg,Va
Running smooth since yesterday I had a weird moment this morning where it keep turning GSM only on by itself and was searching for service for maybe 20 mins but its fixed itself and I've had solid data all day even switching to 4G and 3G.
Sent from my XT894 using xda premium

cron666

Jan 14, 2009
Ocean City
just did a clean flash of the 4-12 build and its great so far. took care of the keyboard backlight problem as far as i can tell.
also you CAN wake the device from a keyboard open + screen off state.
press W E S D all at the same time and it wakes.
there is another key combo on the right but im not sure which one it is.
i found WESD by smearing my finger across the keyboard. i do not know what physical wear this may induce on the keyboard so I do not reccomend it.
just look for group of 4 keys arranged in a square and press them firmly.

ill go and restore my apps from titanium and see what happens.
i heard not to restore system apps or settings even between nightlies!
so i only backed up my installed apps and data

also using the 3-17 gapps. it still wants to update gmail but has the play store at least :)

Last edited:

CreepyE

Oct 2, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
just did a clean flash of the 4-12 build and its great so far. took care of the keyboard backlight problem as far as i can tell.
also you CAN wake the device from a keyboard open + screen off state.
press W E S D all at the same time and it wakes.
there is another key combo on the right but im not sure which one it is.
i found WESD by smearing my finger across the keyboard. i do not know what physical wear this may induce on the keyboard so I do not reccomend it.
just look for group of 4 keys arranged in a square and press them firmly.

ill go and restore my apps from titanium and see what happens.
i heard not to restore system apps or settings even between nightlies!
so i only backed up my installed apps and data

also using the 3-17 gapps. it still wants to update gmail but has the play store at least :)

let me know how long the data stays on before dropping

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

dewhashish

Jan 29, 2012
i have no data issue with 4/7, when im 3g only and get a call, walk into an area without service (****ing walmart) and data stays strong, couple times i have to switch to GSM and back, but it's running great

cron666

Jan 14, 2009
Ocean City
http://cron.servegame.com/ROMs/maserati/cm9/

I have hosted a mirror of the latest build since the rombot is down

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

let me know how long the data stays on before dropping

Sent from my ICS flavored DROID4

Havent had enough of a test yet. So far its been great but thats only 4 hours of use since waking up and i havent left the house today.

I also did not have much of a problem with the 4-04 build so we shall see.

Coolaaron88

http://cron.servegame.com/ROMs/maserati/cm9/

I have hosted a mirror of the latest build since the rombot is down

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Havent had enough of a test yet. So far its been great but thats only 4 hours of use since waking up and i havent left the house today.

I also did not have much of a problem with the 4-04 build so we shall see.

Hmm I'll test this right now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FLASHING ROMS WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY AND COULD POTENTIALLY DAMAGE YOUR PHONE -- WHILE I MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT NOT TO LET THIS HAPPEN, IT'S STILL A RISK THAT YOU'RE TAKING. IF SOMETHING BAD SHOULD HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE, PLEASE DON'T BLAME ME -- HENCE THIS WARNING.

This isn't so much a ROM announcement as it is a direction to find the unofficial nightly builds of CM9 for the Droid 4 (based on Motorola ICS leaks)

Download Here from ROMbot

Download GApps Here (04/29 Goo-Inside GApps Link).
    FLASH THE GAPPS.ZIP FILE AFTER YOU FLASH THE ICS.ZIP

WHAT do I need to run this ROM?
    - Rooted
    - Running a Motorola ICS leak (.206, .208, .211, etc)
    - I recommend that you run Safestrap v2.00 to install this. Here's how to use Safestrap
    And you can download Safestrap for the Droid 4 (v2.x for ICS-leak users) here:
    Safestrap « Hash-of-Codes

WHAT can I expect to work right now?
    - 4G and basic phone function
    - All sensors
    - Camera, Panorama and Face-unlock
    - Video Recording
    - HD YouTube
    - Netflix

Current Known Issues?
    - Data connection is a work in progress. It's MUCH better than it used to be in the old ICS builds, however there is always room for improvement. Due to the "global" data connection style of stock Motorola ICS, this problem will probably continue to be worked on. Feedback is always appreciated, but if you see it posted already then there's a good chance I know about specific issues.
    - Currently, there is a bug in the rotation display of the phone. What I mean is, that when you take the phone and rotate it, the display will squeeze in on itself and then pop back out. This is a *known* issue and I'm working very hard to fix it.
    - The CM9 built-in Wifi Tether won't work. You need to use the "Wifi Tether" app that's bundled into the ROM. Once you open it, hit [menu] and "Settings". Select "Change Device-Profile" to "Generic ICS".
    - I'm sure there's more, I'll update this list here in a bit.

WHO works on this?
    Myself and @DHacker29 work as a team to build AOSP-based ROMs (and device setups) for several Motorola phones. Typically, I do the coding work in C, C++ or Java while DHacker maintains the blobs, runs merges with CM/AOKP sources, and solves device issues which require less coding.

WHAT is a "nightly"?
    It's an automated build ran from a script. It basically: deletes the current set of output files, sync's with github, and then attempts to do a brand new build. It can break at times, in which case we'll fix it (usually this happens when there are framework changes which didn't get merged).

WHY would I want this?
    - Since we work on several devices, this is how we decided to start keeping builds up-to-date. Rather than spend several hours a week on builds and uploading. This happens automatically every night around 2am PST.
    - It's up to you the community to identify good "stable" builds.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter as I do sometimes make announcements there before I do forum postings:
    Hashcode (@Hashcode0f) on Twitter

We maintain all of our code at github:
    https://github.com/o...ns/STS-Dev-Team

Screenshots:
    [ COMING SOON ]
    Reserved for future use
    Well I can assist in your issue.

I too was skeptical at first about safestrap but its pretty self explanatory.
    You have the concept down that it backs up your original system 1 and creates a system 2 to then be altered and flashed without touching system 1.

I had the Droid X and that had a locked bootloader as well.
    From my research a locked bootloader just denies the "lowest" level of access to the phone which includes flashing radios and kernels.

Other than that, Yes you can install D4 Safestrap which acts just as CWM Recovery in order to flash this Rom and or others.

Remember when flashing to ENABLE safestrap before you flash and always backup, wipe data, cache, and dalvik

Hope that helps explain some of it to you.

I have ICS this beta running on my D4 like a champ
    Just tried installing using safestrap and bootlooped. Had to hard reboot to get back to safestrap recovery and back in to stock ROM. Anyone else tried this yet? Might try again tonight when I get home and let the battery charge up a bit.

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?
    I was able to get it installed and working just fine under safestrap. Did you wipe data, cache, and dalvick?

That was it. First time I've used safestrap. I figured since I did not have a previous ROM installed in Safemode that I did not need to wipe. Went back in, wiped data and cache and now I am in business. Looking good Hash!

One question though, I tried to wipe dalvik and it said it could not find sd-ext. Any idea what that is about?

Edit: Feels so good to be flashing ROMs again!!!