Widgets for Androkkid

Search This thread

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
On ssj5trunks' (the developer of Androkkid) request, I 'm opening a thread for widget for this great program.

The Androkkid comes with these widgets:

wmdirk has supplied a widget library to facilitate the development of widgets, version 1.4, Dec. 26, 2009: http://sites.google.com/site/wmdsoft/wmd-androkkid-lib

After talking to wmdirk (and because I no longer use Androkkid), I've decided to change this first post. wmdirk's widgets will not be updated here but on his webpage http://sites.google.com/site/wmdsoft/home. He seems to be the only one currently making widgets for Androkkid, and he is very successful in doing so. But some of the widgets are not free, and I didn't want to mix the free and the commercially available in one list. However, this thread will still be used by wmdirk to answer questions regarding his widgets, and to announce new ones.

Other widgets that have to be installed separately (I'll try to keep this updated and with the newest first):

This is a list of wmdirk's widgets: some of them free http://sites.google.com/site/wmdsoft/home
  • WMD-NextAppointments
  • WMD-Clock+
  • WMD-RegInfo
  • WMD-Clock
  • WMD-TaskManager
  • WMD-WifiToggle
  • WMD-BTToggle
  • WMD-Profile
  • WMD-Calculator
  • WMD-Agenda
  • WMD-Tasks

Other widgets: all free

Installing:
Unzip the files to the Widget directory and Androkkid will automatically detect the widgets. Then holding on the desktop, click add, then widget, then select it, and ok and they should show up on the desktop.

Skinning:
The widgets can be skinned by changing the background image - bg.png in the gfx directory. However, it's important to keep the same size as the original, otherwise the font won't show well.

Last edited:

musikusbawue

Aug 29, 2007
Perhaps I´m too stupid, but how do i install these widgets?

I had a look at the androkkid discussion, but don´t find a solution.....

Thanks for the help.

Regards

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Perhaps I´m too stupid, but how do i install these widgets?

I had a look at the androkkid discussion, but don´t find a solution.....

Thanks for the help.

Regards

No, you are not stupid, I'm the one who was sloppy and forgot instructions.
You should just unzip the files to the Widget directory and Androkkid will automatically detect it. Then holding on the desktop, click add, then widget, then select it, and ok.
The weather widget has a settings menu you can reach by clicking in the top half. Not all the settings have an effect yet. Clicking lower on the widget, should refresh, but I'm not sure that's working yet. Also I forgot to delete a debug message. Will try and upload a new version today.

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Wether widget updated in first post (messages used for debug purposes have been removed).
Also updated information re installation and skinning.

goraps

Aug 31, 2007
Here is a Weaher Widget I have been working on. I have beased it on Titanium Weather. I shoukd have it ready in a couple of days for some testing. It depends on how my time permits. I plan on having the next 4 days forecast in the empty area in the middle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2,014

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Here is a Weaher Widget I have been working on. I have beased it on Titanium Weather. I shoukd have it ready in a couple of days for some testing. It depends on how my time permits. I plan on having the next 4 days forecast in the empty area in the middle.

Looks great - so much better than mine! :) And great that more people are making widgets!

goraps

Aug 31, 2007
Another preview.
Maybe ready in a few days. Just got to work on the update process.

Attachments

• Screenshot_5.jpg
    Screenshot_5.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 629

FidoFuz

Jun 26, 2008
Good job on the widgets!

Having problems finding information on how the widget interfaces with Androkkid and need some example code. A simple "Hello World" widget would be useful and would provide a springboard for creation of new widgets.

Failing that some source code of any developed widget to date.

Edit: Scratch that, just noticed some widget source code on the main site

Last edited:

buffystar

Jun 20, 2008
Shefford
Looking for the Weather code for London England and Bedford England which site are they on as I put in the Weather.com code for it and it crashed Androkkid

edit is it UKXX0014 for bedford and UKXX0085 for London ??

Last edited:

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Looking for the Weather code for London England and Bedford England which site are they on as I put in the Weather.com code for it and it crashed Androkkid

edit is it UKXX0014 for bedford and UKXX0085 for London ??

I'll try to have a new version of the weather widget with the source code later today, and I'll have some more error testing to try and prevent crashes.
It is important though to be connected to the internet when installing the weather widget or changing the location.

In order to test the weather codes, you can put the following in your browser's adress bar:
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085
and it should give you the same weather forecast I'm using in the widget

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
hgWeather updated with source.

The weather is updated from the Yahoo RSS weather feed.
It will show the current and next day's forecast. You can add several widgets to use for several cities.

Installing:
It is important though to be connected to the internet when installing the weather widget or changing the location.
Unzip the files to the Widget directory and Androkkid will automatically detect the widget. Then holding on the desktop, click add, then widget, then select it, and ok and they should show up on the desktop.

In order to test the weather codes, you can put the following in your browser's adress bar (exchange UKXX0085 for your city code):
http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=UKXX0085
and it should give you the same weather forecast I'm using in the widget

Skinning:
Bacground (bg.bmp) can be changed as long as the size is the same.
Or the background can be transparent.
Font color and size can be changed.
Weather icons can be changed as long as the naming convention is the same. The included icons comes from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=354111&page=180, post 1798
Additionally icons can be found here: http://pixel.dnsalias.net/weatherpanel/wiki/index.php/Weather_Icons

Clicking in the upper half will take you to the settings.
Clicking in the lower half will update the weather.

Most of the weather code comes from: http://www.cjcraft.com/blog/2008/06/19/30DaysOfNETWindowsMobileApplicationsDay18MobileWeather.aspx

Source:
It would be great if other people could improve on this widget.
I used the free developer tool Sharp Develop to compile the widget.

Attachments

• display_2.jpg
    display_2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 856
  • hgWeather.zip
    395 KB · Views: 511
  • hgWeatherSource.zip
    841.4 KB · Views: 239

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
Just tried with weather code UKXX1730 it has updated and allows me to add to the page but i am only seeing the bottom half of the image you have provided plus if i change the temp to c instead of f it still shows farenheit temperature.

im not sure how others feel but ideally i would like to add a weather widget to my homescreen along with the clock and a row of priority icons or have a small icon sized image which when clicked on brings up full details

Last edited:

ajige

Nov 12, 2007
Colorado
Just tried with weather code UKXX1730 it has updated and allows me to add to the page but i am only seeing the bottom half of the image you have provided plus if i change the temp to c instead of f it still shows farenheit temperature.

Are you using the version posted yesterday? Because with the latest version, when I change from f to c or opposite, it changes temperature. But you need to be connected to the internet when changing from temperature unit.
When you say only the bottom shows, what parts are showing? City? Current weather? Next day's forecast?
Sometimes you have to click several times before it properly updates from the internet.

im not sure how others feel but ideally i would like to add a weather widget to my homescreen along with the clock and a row of priority icons or have a small icon sized image which when clicked on brings up full details

Yes, that has been my goal too, but I'm having some problems with the forecast rss, so I'm giving it a rest for now. But the code is there so maybe someone else wants to give it a try?;) I would also like to have better support for different cities.

Otherwise, you could use the transparent version, set the color of the code to the same as the background, and then you would only see the icons.

ssj5trunks

Dec 15, 2007
www.simosoftprojects.com
If i have time i create the top bar widget to add TopBar in Android with widget and not in Androkkid directly.
Or if anyone want create it i think this is a good widget for all.

Bye

P.S.
I look for the problem of Menu for contact.
I test it in my diamond and when i try it work, i retest it.

propagandax

Mar 14, 2008
If i have time i create the top bar widget to add TopBar in Android with widget and not in Androkkid directly.
Or if anyone want create it i think this is a good widget for all.

Bye

P.S.
I look for the problem of Menu for contact.
I test it in my diamond and when i try it work, i retest it.

Yes please do this would be cool!!!

goraps

Aug 31, 2007
OK. So I have finished the initial release of GORAPSWeather Widget for Androkkid. This is my first Androkkid Widget so please bare with me.

First all the credit to ssj5trunks for such a great app and the source code to the Hero Clock widget which I used as the code base for this widget.

Second thanks to Showaco for his Titanium Weather which I used as the weather base for this widget.

Note: This widget requires Mortscript.

Installation and Setup Instructions
1) Downlad and unpack GORAPSWeather.zip
2) Open GorapsWeather.mscr with a text editor and make the appropriate changes to the two variables: location and units.
- Change location to the accuweather.com location code for your location.
If you need to find your code go to www.accuweather.com/m and search for your city. Then you will see the location code in the URL. It will look something like NAM|CA|ON|MARKHAM.
- Change units to C or F.
3) Save your edited script.
4) Copy the GORAPSWeather folder to the Androkkid widgets folder on your phone.
5) Execute the click on the GorapsWeather.mscr in a file explorer to initialize the values. If you don't do this and add the widget it will crash Androkkid.
6) Add the widget to your Androkkid desktop. Clicking on the widget will update the weather data.

I hope you like it.

Attachments

• GORAPSWeather.zip
    405.6 KB · Views: 3,506
  • Screenshot_6.jpg
    Screenshot_6.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 1,963
Last edited: