Current Stable Version: 2
Stable Release Date: 2015-01-04

Created 2014-12-20
Last Updated 2015-07-16

Last edited:

KiD3991

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 21, 2012
Felt awesome to see a kernel living on this land. I just bought a refurbished Nexus 7 back. It felt so good, but by all honestly will require great dev's like you and all to give the N7 a mighty boost.
But can anyone tell me is it worth the trouble changing the system to F2FS in this device?
Edit: flashed. But I can't modify GPU parameters and enable s2s/s2w?

Last edited:

chaostrodamis

Mar 14, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 5
Felt awesome to see a kernel living on this land. I just bought a refurbished Nexus 7 back. It felt so good, but by all honestly will require great dev's like you and all to give the N7 a mighty boost.
But can anyone tell me is it worth the trouble changing the system to F2FS in this device?
Beyond worth it

sgt. meow

Dec 21, 2011
Dhaka

Ihavent added the GPU parameters yet. s2w is a massive battery eater. But s2s can be included I guess. As a module perhaps.

LucentBirch

Nov 17, 2012
I tried downloading it but it doesn't download as a zip file nor is there any boot.img file if I rename to .zip

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
I tried downloading it but it doesn't download as a zip file nor is there any boot.img file if I rename to .zip
When you download as zip from the Dropbox link, it downloads as a zip with the actual kernel zip inside.. So you gotta extract the kernel zip from inside it and then flash the extracted one :silly:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

LucentBirch

Nov 17, 2012
When you download as zip from the Dropbox link, it downloads as a zip with the actual kernel zip inside.. So you gotta extract the kernel zip from inside it and then flash the extracted one :silly:

It's not doing that for me. And there is a kernel folder inside after renaming it but it doesn't have any regular kernel files on the inside...

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
Again, the download is not a zip file...
Ah sorry sorry.. I just downloaded again.. When I downloaded last time it downloaded as a zip from Dropbox.. Somethings changed so I didn't know what you meant..now that I downloaded it again I see what you mean..

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Again, the download is not a zip file...
Okay.. I renamed it to .zip and it's fine.. It'll flash properly..

LucentBirch

Nov 17, 2012
Ah sorry sorry.. I just downloaded again.. When I downloaded last time it downloaded as a zip from Dropbox.. Somethings changed so I didn't know what you meant..now that I downloaded it again I see what you mean..

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 AM ----------

Okay.. I renamed it to .zip and it's fine.. It'll flash properly..

You flashed it then? Even though there's no boot.img file?

Targaeryan

Aug 21, 2013
You flashed it then? Even though there's no boot.img file?
Check inside kernel folder inside the zip..
Edit:it's using a different format.. Not boot.img but with zimage..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419441945900.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419441945900.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 1,427
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rebuilt from scratch.

FEATURES:
    *placeholder*

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1. NANDROID
    2. Flash in recovery

DOWNLOADS:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qy63um58i48lk3x/AADLjuKAsJHRM5XQg3XIanMVa?dl=0

*placeholder*

XDA:DevDB Information
    [KERNEL] oxydo-revamped, Kernel for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    sgt. meow, sgt. meow
    Source Code: https://github.com/souljaboy11792/oxydo-revamp

Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2
    Stable Release Date: 2015-01-04

Created 2014-12-20
    Last Updated 2015-07-16
    Here it is with USB host bits working on lollipop. All credits to Timur Mehrvarz. This is a complete cherry-pick. Nothing else.
    The graphite flags version can be found here and the one without the graphite flags can be found here.
    Other changes include CPU and GPU OC and CPU UV besides being updated against Google's latest source. Also compiled with UberTC 4.9.
    If you guys are happy with the performance and battery, I'll stick to this. Otherwise I'll experiment with my own builds (which will be completely based off others' sources so no credit should be given to me).
    I'll update the OP and the changelog and bleh tomorrow. I haven't slept in 2 days.
    Have fun and please provide feedback on overall performance and battery life using both versions of the kernel.
    sgt. meow
    Something new is coming...
    I just retryed today and i can download the files now...dont know why that happened :) will test the kernel thank you

EDIT just tested for a bit and im experiencing force closes (tablet return to the launcher) while browsing on opera mobile...this wasnt happening with other kernels

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Get me a few logs please. I can't seem to reproduce that.

ALSO HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE! MAY 2015 BE A YEAR OF HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS AND ALL SORTS OF GOOD THINGS!
    Sorry for the lack of support guys. There'll be one more release (with CPU and GPU OC and UV/OV) and then none before June. I have to focus on my o levels. Hope you understand.