[APPLICATION] - Android Package Installer v1.3 - User Friendly ADB - [10/03/2011]

Search This thread

Stickman89

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2007
Milton Keynes
Hello XDA,

I have created a simple GUI frontend to ADB which will perform a number of useful ADB functions including a batch APK installer, object pusher and more...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Extract Archive 'AndroidPackageInstaller.zip'
2. Navigate to extracted directory and Launch 'Android Application Installer.exe'
3. Use any of the required options within the menu's...

SCREENSHOTS:

screenshot1f.png

CHANGELOG:

10/03/2011 V1.3 Release

*NEW* Object Pusher - (SYSTEM FILES ONLY) - If the directory you wish to push too does not exist simply create the folder with the file enclosed.
*NEW* Drop Into Shell Added
*NEW* Perform logcat Added
*NEW* Restart Services Added (Troubleshooting purposes, will be advanced in future releases)

04/03/2011 Release

*NEW* Redesigned WPF Windows
*NEW* Backup APK(s)
*NEW* 1-Click Include Backup APK(s) for quick reinstallation
*NEW* ADB Driver Installer (Need Confirmation)
*NEW* Folder Structure for future additions
Code further cleaned

02/03/2011 Release

*NEW* APK checker to close Script gracefully on undetectable APK(s)
*NEW* GUI Notification Screens (WPF)
Cleaned Code
Faster
Now 100% Automated (No User Input Required)
Executable no longer minimizes all open windows
Corrected minor console output errors

26/02/2011

Initial Release...

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN

Last edited:

ronlkh

Nov 23, 2003
Nice, but it would be good if it is an app in android like file explorer. you just tick which apk you want to install and at 1 button, it will install all for you

Reactions: exnihilo

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Is it possible to transform this into a installation method like the one provided by Cabviaactivesync for winmobile??

With the device connectd to the pc, with just two clicks, a right click over an .apk file and then choosing the installation option, could be great to install easily an apk

If you don't know cabviaactivesync, just go here to see what I'm talking about...
http://www.modaco.com/content/windo.../cabviaactivesync-free-edition-now-available/

Val3r10

Jul 6, 2006
Thanks for your app.

Does it rebuild the link with the market per single apk it installs ?

W

WiredPirate

Can this be used to install "sideload" or non-market apps on an att phone with that feature disable? Like 'side load wonder machine', but with a batch option? If so.. Nice! Will make transferring apps from the Cap to the Atrix very simple later this week!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello XDA,

I have created a simple GUI frontend to ADB which will perform a number of useful ADB functions including a batch APK installer, object pusher and more...

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Extract Archive 'AndroidPackageInstaller.zip'
    2. Navigate to extracted directory and Launch 'Android Application Installer.exe'
    3. Use any of the required options within the menu's...

CHANGELOG:

10/03/2011 V1.3 Release

*NEW* Object Pusher - (SYSTEM FILES ONLY) - If the directory you wish to push too does not exist simply create the folder with the file enclosed.
    *NEW* Drop Into Shell Added
    *NEW* Perform logcat Added
    *NEW* Restart Services Added (Troubleshooting purposes, will be advanced in future releases)

04/03/2011 Release

*NEW* Redesigned WPF Windows
    *NEW* Backup APK(s)
    *NEW* 1-Click Include Backup APK(s) for quick reinstallation
    *NEW* ADB Driver Installer (Need Confirmation)
    *NEW* Folder Structure for future additions
    Code further cleaned

02/03/2011 Release

*NEW* APK checker to close Script gracefully on undetectable APK(s)
    *NEW* GUI Notification Screens (WPF)
    Cleaned Code
    Faster
    Now 100% Automated (No User Input Required)
    Executable no longer minimizes all open windows
    Corrected minor console output errors

26/02/2011

Initial Release...

Best Regards,

ST1Cl<^^aN
    Reserved again...
    Hi all, a big thanks to those who have left positive feedback. As a token of my appreciation and also an apology due to my absence I give you a preview of whats to come in the next update; yes indeed the development continues!!

apim.png

I hope at all this does not cause any problems with XDA Admins by using a very familiar theme I recreated using WPF for the next update... ;)

@subashley - Yes 'USB Debugging' should be enabled in order to use this application.

@ijoshv2 - Very good feature request there, I shall look into implementing said feature to next update :)

Best Regards,

S†¡c|«^^¸aη
    Nice, but it would be good if it is an app in android like file explorer. you just tick which apk you want to install and at 1 button, it will install all for you