PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer! (Universal SafetyNet Fix mod)

Search This thread

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer
This module tries to pass SafetyNet on devices/roms that don't.

This started when i put LineageOS on my phone and couldn't play Pokemon GO anymore. much sadness was had.
i searched around for a fix and found universal-safetynet-fix. Awesome! it let me play pokemon again but it broke everything else root related while it was enabled.
So, i worked on updating it to be compatible with magisk 17. and i got it! (download at the bottom)
but, well.. there was a lot in that code that didn't need to be there anymore. (does anyone even use magisk 12?!)
and worse still, my phones stock image used a thumbprint, not a fingerprint. with it in usnf, it didnt even pass basic integrity!
so i got to work and PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer was born!

Disclaimer:
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
I also do not support hacking/altering any other apps with your root powers.
i made this purely to legitimately play a game on a customized system.

Information
Features:
  • Resets system props to a factory state
  • spoofs the device fingerprint or thumbprint
  • has a friendly command tool to change finger/thumbprint settings

Use:
Flash it with TWRP or MM.
by default, it spoofs the same device that unsf did which is enough for most uses. Congrats, you're done!
you can also use the pnss command as root to change, reset, or disable the fingerprint spoofing.
run the 'pnss' command from terminal for usage information
example command:
Code:
su
pnss set thumb MyDeviceThumbprint/8.1/etc/etc

Requeriments
Magisk v17

Installation
Flash the .ZIP from TWRP or MM Module page
Reboot

Known issues
thumbprint mode is only passing BasicIntegrity, not CTS

Donations
If you feel I helped you, you can buy me a coffee here

Credits
@Deic - the original creator of universal-safetynet-fix here
@PetNoire - porting it to magisk 17, breaking it further, and adding thumbprint support

Download
Please DO NOT share the module itself or the download link, share the thread only.
vv

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
@PetNoire May I ask a favour (as I've done to other users that hav updated @Deic's module to the current template in the past)? If you're going to re-release the module with the current template, at least please fix it so that it no longer replaces Magisk's internal Busybox with it's own. Really bad practice and we never did get @Deic to fix that before he disappeared...

If you need a specific module Busybox, place it in the module folder instead and call the commands from there, or make sure that the users know that they have to install @osm0sis Busybox, or if you're really in a pinch just use the internal Magisk Busybox then, but at least don't replace it with one that have the possibility to mess up Magisk's internal functions.

Also, it would be a good idea if you gave @Deic a bit more credit than you're doing right now (a tiny, tiny link at the top of your post just isn't enough), no matter that he's MIA. All you've really done is to transfer his module to the current template and added a check for the current Magisk version and it's paths. I'd suggest you make that more apparent so you don't risk being accused of passing someone else's work off as your own.

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
@PetNoire May I ask a favour (as I've done to other users that hav updated @Deic's module to the current template in the past)? If you're going to re-release the module with the current template, at least please fix it so that it no longer replaces Magisk's internal Busybox with it's own. Really bad practice and we never did get @Deic to fix that before he disappeared...

If you need a specific module Busybox, place it in the module folder instead and call the commands from there, or make sure that the users know that they have to install @osm0sis Busybox, or if you're really in a pinch just use the internal Magisk Busybox then, but at least don't replace it with one that have the possibility to mess up Magisk's internal functions.

Also, it would be a good idea if you gave @Deic a bit more credit than you're doing right now (a tiny, tiny link at the top of your post just isn't enough), no matter that he's MIA. All you've really done is to transfer his module to the current template and added a check for the current Magisk version and it's paths. I'd suggest you make that more apparent so you don't risk being accused of passing someone else's work off as your own.

Thanks for the tip on busybox. I thought it was pretty weird that it replaced it like that for 2 commands but was more concerned about getting it to work at all. I'll look into fixing that soon.
update: i think i almost have it working on magisk's busybox but still working out some bugs.

And I'll edit it to give him some more credit right away.

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Thanks for the tip on busybox. I thought it was pretty weird that it replaced it like that for 2 commands but was more concerned about getting it to work at all. I'll look into fixing that soon.

That would be great.

I thought I'd give some insight into what the module actually does, for those that are wondering, since it might get lost in translation between the different updates to the module by others than @Deic.

The USNF module is made up of two parts. For one, it changes the device fingerprint to a certified one to pass the ctsProfile check (the in-built one is a Xiaomi print, but IIRC you can also use the device stock fingerprint if it's already certified). This is also something that can be done with a Magisk boot script (post-fs-data.d or service.d) and the resetprop tool:
Code:
resetprop ro.build.fingerprint <certified fingerprint value>
There are also Magisk modules available that do the same thing (apart from USNF).
Device Spoofing Tool by @Dreamer(3MF) is one (although it also changes a whole lot of other props to simulate a OnePlus 2).
And there's also my MagiskHide Props Config that changes the build fingerprint to one of your choice.
Or, if you don't care about the systemlessness, you can directly edit your build.prop file and change the current ro.build.fingerprint to a certified one.

So, for the device fingerprint and passing the ctsProfile there are a few options.

The second part of USNF is the custom MagiskHide (as described in the OP). The thing here though, is that for the majority of devices it is not necessary anymore, since (as it also says in the OP) @topjohnwu have fixed most of those issues. From what it seems, from user reports in different threads, this is only necessary on some MIUI releases (Xiaomi devices). The module actually started out as a "Xiaomi SafetyNet fix" (check the module id), but the build fingerprint part turned out to be useful for other devices, so @Deic changed the name to "Universal". All other devices should be good with only changing the device fingerprint.

So far, it doesn't seem like the custom MagiskHide from the module is interfering in any way with the real thing. But, considering that it hasn't been updated in over a year, who knows.

Class dismissed.

Last edited:

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
Is there any reason to keep the code for old magisk? Does anyone still use 12-14?

Seems to have helped on my S8 with KingROM

My Magisk updated to 17.1 and then GooglePay started getting upset that I had rooted, mucked around with various things including the 'MagiskHide Props Config' module which my S8 never seems happy with (random reboots when installed) but this seems to do the trick.

I installed via Magisk Manager but it seemed to kill the Magisk install when I rebooted, reinstalled Magisk and now all seems ok so a big thumbs up from me :)

jenslody

Jun 13, 2017
I wonder how the magiskhide part (at least the "add", etc. scripts) can work, because you use the old outdated "/magisk"-folder, that is no longer supported since 16.3 (or so).

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
My Magisk updated to 17.1 and then GooglePay started getting upset that I had rooted, mucked around with various things including the 'MagiskHide Props Config' module which my S8 never seems happy with (random reboots when installed) but this seems to do the trick.

I installed via Magisk Manager but it seemed to kill the Magisk install when I rebooted, reinstalled Magisk and now all seems ok so a big thumbs up from me :)

For some reason it doesn't always work the first time. Usually just rebooting fixes it.

Reactions: Oberth

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
I wonder how the magiskhide part (at least the "add", etc. scripts) can work, because you use the old outdated "/magisk"-folder, that is no longer supported since 16.3 (or so).

I thought I changed it all. You sure there isnt some kind of version check? I'll look at it later

Again first goal was to get it working. Next goal is to make it awesome

Last edited:

winzzzzz

Aug 21, 2011
Hmm.. this doesn't work with my phone (HTC one M8). After I flashed it, wiped cache (TWRP), it said "complete" on the log, then it will never boot to my OS, stuck on the HTC logo, no boot animation. I use TWRP

Dreamer(3MF)

Mar 17, 2018
Hmm.. this doesn't work with my phone (HTC one M8). After I flashed it, wiped cache (TWRP), it said "complete" on the log, then it will never boot to my OS, stuck on the HTC logo, no boot animation. I use TWRP

In-Case Of Facing A Bootloop/Bootscreen Issue Due To Flashing A Module, Download CoreOnlyMode4Magisk From This Thread https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/module-core-mode-bootloop-solver-modules-t3817366 Then Flash It Thru TWRP Recovery.

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018

Does it boot after disabling the module?
From twrp>advanced>terminal:

HTML:
Mount -o loop /data/adb/magisk.img /mnt
Touch /mnt/universal-safetynet-fix/disable

The reboot

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
so.. i kind of deleted the whole magiskhide clone from the module and just left the prop configs and its totally passing safetynet now. so i guess the normal magiskhide is enough and is just missing some prop resets.

iamcurseal

Dec 25, 2017
Muntinlupa
@PetNoire I still failed to pass safetynet, When I flashed the module, my magisk was erased, but then I just saw from this thread that a reboot is needed. After reboot my magisk came back, but It' says "Requires Additional Setup" I ignore it and then checked if safetynet will pass, It failed. :(
I'm using stock CM FLARE S4 ROM android 5.1.
Sorry for my English.
Thankyou for the reviving this module. :good:
Godbless you.

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
so.. i kind of deleted the whole magiskhide clone from the module and just left the prop configs and its totally passing safetynet now. so i guess the normal magiskhide is enough and is just missing some prop resets.

That was kind of the point of my longish text above... All you need to pass on a device that doesn't fully pass SafetyNet (ctsProfile fails while basicIntegrity passes), is usually just to change ro.build.fingerprint to a certified fingerprint (and there are several ways to go about that, but the Magisk way always involves the resetprop tool somehow). Custom ROMs, developer versions of OEM firmwares (Oneplus 6 beta, for example), and otherwise uncertified devices can usually pass SafetyNet like this.

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
That was kind of the point of my longish text above... All you need to pass on a device that doesn't fully pass SafetyNet (ctsProfile fails while basicIntegrity passes), is usually just to change ro.build.fingerprint to a certified fingerprint (and there are several ways to go about that, but the Magisk way always involves the resetprop tool somehow). Custom ROMs, developer versions of OEM firmwares (Oneplus 6 beta, for example), and otherwise uncertified devices can usually pass SafetyNet like this.

This was just the first one that gave me any success so I initially assumed it was because of the hiding. I wasn't even able to pass basic integrity without this one and most others didn't help either. I tries yours at one point with no success. Do you change all the "dangerous props" that this one does?

Last edited:

Didgeridoohan

Retired Senior Moderator
May 31, 2012
Gone
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
This was just the first one that gave me any success so I initially assumed it was because of the hiding. I wasn't even able to pass basic integrity without this one and most others didn't help either

Basic integrity passing has nothing to do with the device fingerprint or other props. With Magisk, that usually means that MagiskHide isn't working (for whatever reason, most of the times it just needs a restart) or you have something installed that MagiskHide can't hide (like Xposed, remnants of other kinds of root, etc).

Edit: Scroll down a little here for a table of examples of what will cause a true or false cts profile or basic integrity response.
https://developer.android.com/training/safetynet/attestation#compat-check-response

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
@PetNoire I still failed to pass safetynet, When I flashed the module, my magisk was erased, but then I just saw from this thread that a reboot is needed. After reboot my magisk came back, but It' says "Requires Additional Setup" I ignore it and then checked if safetynet will pass, It failed. :(
I'm using stock CM FLARE S4 ROM android 5.1.
Sorry for my English.
Thankyou for the reviving this module. :good:
Godbless you.

I don't know what Tue additional setup does, but I always do it and its been working. Also your device may have thumbprint props instead of fingerprint.
Run this in a terminal and let me know what you get
Code:
getprop | grep print

PetNoire

Sep 7, 2018
Basic integrity passing has nothing to do with the device fingerprint or other props. With Magisk, that usually means that MagiskHide isn't working (for whatever reason, most of the times it just needs a restart) or you have something installed that MagiskHide can't hide (like Xposed, remnants of other kinds of root, etc).

Edit: Scroll down a little here for a table of examples of what will cause a true or false cts profile or basic integrity response.
https://developer.android.com/training/safetynet/attestation#compat-check-response

I wiped all partitions, installed lineage 15, installed magisk and enabled hide and it wouldn't pass basic at any point. Even still its never passed it without this module. It didn't even pass it on the clean install, before magisk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer
    This module tries to pass SafetyNet on devices/roms that don't.

This started when i put LineageOS on my phone and couldn't play Pokemon GO anymore. much sadness was had.
    i searched around for a fix and found universal-safetynet-fix. Awesome! it let me play pokemon again but it broke everything else root related while it was enabled.
    So, i worked on updating it to be compatible with magisk 17. and i got it! (download at the bottom)
    but, well.. there was a lot in that code that didn't need to be there anymore. (does anyone even use magisk 12?!)
    and worse still, my phones stock image used a thumbprint, not a fingerprint. with it in usnf, it didnt even pass basic integrity!
    so i got to work and PetNoire's SafetyNet Spoofer was born!

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    I also do not support hacking/altering any other apps with your root powers.
    i made this purely to legitimately play a game on a customized system.

Information
    Features:
    • Resets system props to a factory state
    • spoofs the device fingerprint or thumbprint
    • has a friendly command tool to change finger/thumbprint settings

Use:
    Flash it with TWRP or MM.
    by default, it spoofs the same device that unsf did which is enough for most uses. Congrats, you're done!
    you can also use the pnss command as root to change, reset, or disable the fingerprint spoofing.
    run the 'pnss' command from terminal for usage information
    example command:
    Code:
    su
    pnss set thumb MyDeviceThumbprint/8.1/etc/etc

Requeriments
    Magisk v17

Installation
    Flash the .ZIP from TWRP or MM Module page
    Reboot

Known issues
    thumbprint mode is only passing BasicIntegrity, not CTS

Donations
    If you feel I helped you, you can buy me a coffee here

Credits
    @Deic - the original creator of universal-safetynet-fix here
    @PetNoire - porting it to magisk 17, breaking it further, and adding thumbprint support

Download
    Please DO NOT share the module itself or the download link, share the thread only.
    vv

update: i think i almost have it working on magisk's busybox but still working out some bugs.

And I'll edit it to give him some more credit right away.
    @wstephen

Far as I've been able to tell so far, some phones are just mean . I have a moto g5 that constantly fails basic integrity with its stock fingerprint on a lineage ROM, but passes both with a nexus 6p print. My only suggestion is to try a different print. Didgeridoohan's prop plugin comes with a good list of them to try. I'm actually using his now because the print library is just too handy.
    @PetNoire

If shows passed in the MM app, both cts and basic imtregity
    But fails in the sn app
    See

I'm using 9.0 pixel based rom

Uh, that's because this app is using the old SN API... Which's not working anymore and it didn't update since 2017, as you can check on its own play store page. If the magisk manager says that you're passing it, then you're fine. If you want other SN checker, then use this one, which's updated to the new API.