Dell Stage Launcher

18127443.jpg

63189319.jpg

60792187.jpg

IT REQUIRED ANDROID 2.2
( Not sure if it works 2.1 or below )
so dont bother asking why it doesnt work, PLEASE READ THE POST

***ICONS DONT COME WITH THE LAUNCHER, IT A CUSTOM ROM (MIUI)*****​

it should work on all android phones with a 2.2 WITHOUT ROOT, but it probably look nicer, or better on android phones with a LCD Density 240, like the evo or droid x or etc,

BUT to get the landscape mod like this
6a00d83451c9ec69e20133f59e20a8970b-800wi

you are required ROOT ACCESS AND AN ANDROID PHONE THAT HAS AT LEAST A 4.3 INCH SCREEN, NOT SURE IF IT WORKS ON OTHER PHONE WITH SMALLER SCREENS. BUT IF IT DOES IT MIGHT REQUIRED SMALLER DENSITY.

TO GET LANDSCAPE YOU NEED TO GET THE LASTEST LCD DENSITY App located here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=765639&highlight=dell
CHANGE THE DENSITY TO 160 AND LET THE PHONE RESTART. NOW HOLD YOUR PHONE ON LANDSCAPE AND IT SHOULD ACTUALLY SWITCH TO IT,

****WITHOUT THE DENSITY BEING ON 160 THE PHONE WONT RECOGNIZE THE SCREEN SIZES SO I WONT WORK***********
****DONT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS ON MY EVO ON LANDSCAPE CUZ ALL PARTS ALL KIND OF MESSED UP SO I PREFER ON PORTRAIT MOD, IT MIGHT WORK NORMAL ON SOME OTHER ROMS****

ALSO, DELL WIDGETS WONT WORK WITH OTHER LAUNCHER, JUST THE DELL STAGE LAUNCHER,

one problem i had was that the social widget wont let me sign on, not sure if it just me or it requireds something else, if anyone gets it to work let me know, evrything else works perfectly

this was tested on HTC EVO, if it doesnt work for some phones dont bother asking me why it doesnt.

HERES A VIDEO IF U GUYS WANNA KNOW WHAT U DOWNLOADING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnvL22Y_gg

ENJOY...

download link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/o0CQSj5u/Dell_Stage_Apks.html

to download unzip the files (7zip) open the folder and drag the apks to ur sd card and than go to ur phone and use astro manager, or any other file manager and install like any other app.
(srry i cant download evry single apk its to big of a file)

download stage launcher apk first, and than the widgets.

update:11/8/10

FOR SOME REASON THE PHONE BUTTON, MIGHT NOT WORK IF UR NOT ROOTED OR ROOTED WITH CUSTOM ROM,
ANY PHONE THAT HAS A SPECIAL NAME FOR THE "PHONE" APK, LIKE DROID'S (blurphone APK)AND SOME HTC WHERE THE PHONE APK ITS NOT JUST NAME AS "PHONE" APK, THE LAUNCHER WONT RECOGNIZE THE "PHONE" BUTTON ON THE DELL LAUNCHER,

THE ONLY WAY I BELIEVE FOR ROOT USER ONLY , TO MAKE THE PHONE BUTTON WORK ITS TO REPLACE THE CUSTOM NAME "APK" TO STOCK "PHONE" APK WITH ADB PUSH OR ROOT EXPLORE, I HAVE NOT TEST THIS METHOD OUT YET MYSELF, SO BACKUP UR ROM BEFORE TRYING, IM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
(THIS SHOULD BE DONE WITH ADVANCE USERS ONLY, PLEASE DONT TRY TO REPLACE THE PHONE APK IF U DONT KNOW WHAT UR DOING, U WILL MESSED UP UR CUSTOM ROM)

I TEST THIS OUT ON THE CUSTOM MIUI ROM AND EVRYTHING WORKS FOR ME EXCEPT THE SOCIAL WIDGET.

THANKS TO THIS GUYS WIT THIS ARTICLE, AND IF U NEED MORE INFO CLICK HERE.
http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/11/unreleased-dell-stage-ui-running-on-htc-evo.html#more

Last edited:

dj-darkside

Aug 2, 2010
Stade
Hey,

this Launcher runs on HTC Desire with stock Density ;)

I have 2 Questions.

1. Can you Include the Widget in the Launcher apk?

2. Can you export only the Widget for another Launcher?

aalopez10

Sep 21, 2009
Hey,

this Launcher runs on HTC Desire with stock Density ;)

I have 2 Questions.

1. Can you Include the Widget in the Launcher apk?

2. Can you export only the Widget for another Launcher?

all launchers required there own framework...so thats why any launcher u used like launcher pro, adw, sense, etc cant used there widgets.

same with this launcher, Widgets wont work without the Dell Launcher.

and i believe if u included the widgets wit the launcher, the widgets wont work, its a good thing dell separate the widgets, so now it work for must phones.

tmotech88

Jan 13, 2010
jacksonville
Very nice I'm impressed landscape mode doesn't hold well with lcd density. I get a lot of force close but good app might keep around for a while with some work this could be a launcher to be recon with

sent from 1786 on stone

HyperDarkness

Oct 28, 2010
@ aalopez10

wow it's really nice thanks
all of widgets installed on my phone with Android 2.1 - Rooted
but i can't install main Launcher "StageLauncher-release"
can u please make another compatible version with Android 2.1?

regards

ghostlypickel

Jan 6, 2010
Confirmed working on the Droid X. A little laggy at first, and it crashed in landscape (Tried again and worked fine, but the widgets are squished.).

snap20101106_220234.png

snap20101106_220239.png

snap20101106_220247.png

snap20101106_220301.png

snap20101106_220314.png

excellentnuke

Jun 1, 2010
Landscape worked on my Droid 1 stock density, surprisingly. I'm overclocked to 1.25GHz if that makes a difference.

EDIT: It works, but the widgets stay squished when I switch back to portrait and I get some random FCs.

Last edited:

Rastaman-FB

Sep 2, 2010
seems to be lots of launchers based on launcher pro, ADW etc
even the SE x10 launcher mimics the design.
wouldnt surprise me if they are ripping the base code and adding their own extra's

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk
eh its alright
on the vibrant
but you have to change the density so low on the phone that the keyboard is really really tiny

raziel26

Jun 28, 2008
eh its alright
on the vibrant
but you have to change the density so low on the phone that the keyboard is really really tiny

How Did you get it to work i have the samsung vibrant aswell but when i try to install the stage launcher.apk I get a parsing error im using astro file manager but the widgets are installing just fine though. Could you please assist or anyone assist me on getting this to work please and yes my phone is rooted and i am using the stock rom. thanks

Rastaman-FB

Sep 2, 2010
[technically...Launcherpro & ADW were based off launchers themselves. You lose.]

i lose? this isnt some type of argument or competition its just something ive noted
Its like the manufacturers cba thinking of anything so they bolt it on to a pre-existing look and feel as its easier

launcher pro and adw took the home part of the design from the n1 right? after that everything is pretty much unique

this launcher along with x10 looks pretty much the same as launcherpro/adw
only the widgets and addons that are different.

oZed

Aug 14, 2010
Just installed fine on my HD2 using meejay's froyo sense. It was crashing when i was using a 180 density (my usual) but hasn't crashed since i changed to 160, also landscape worked in 180. It seems it is playing nice with all my other launchers as well.

unnounn

Aug 30, 2010
It works completely fine on my rooted Evo, but on the bottom dock, when I click the phone icon it either crashes on me, or "Application is not installed on your phone"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dell Stage Launcher

18127443.jpg

63189319.jpg

60792187.jpg

IT REQUIRED ANDROID 2.2
    ( Not sure if it works 2.1 or below )
    so dont bother asking why it doesnt work, PLEASE READ THE POST

***ICONS DONT COME WITH THE LAUNCHER, IT A CUSTOM ROM (MIUI)*****​

it should work on all android phones with a 2.2 WITHOUT ROOT, but it probably look nicer, or better on android phones with a LCD Density 240, like the evo or droid x or etc,

BUT to get the landscape mod like this
    6a00d83451c9ec69e20133f59e20a8970b-800wi

you are required ROOT ACCESS AND AN ANDROID PHONE THAT HAS AT LEAST A 4.3 INCH SCREEN, NOT SURE IF IT WORKS ON OTHER PHONE WITH SMALLER SCREENS. BUT IF IT DOES IT MIGHT REQUIRED SMALLER DENSITY.

TO GET LANDSCAPE YOU NEED TO GET THE LASTEST LCD DENSITY App located here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=765639&highlight=dell
    CHANGE THE DENSITY TO 160 AND LET THE PHONE RESTART. NOW HOLD YOUR PHONE ON LANDSCAPE AND IT SHOULD ACTUALLY SWITCH TO IT,

****WITHOUT THE DENSITY BEING ON 160 THE PHONE WONT RECOGNIZE THE SCREEN SIZES SO I WONT WORK***********
    ****DONT LIKE HOW IT LOOKS ON MY EVO ON LANDSCAPE CUZ ALL PARTS ALL KIND OF MESSED UP SO I PREFER ON PORTRAIT MOD, IT MIGHT WORK NORMAL ON SOME OTHER ROMS****

ALSO, DELL WIDGETS WONT WORK WITH OTHER LAUNCHER, JUST THE DELL STAGE LAUNCHER,

one problem i had was that the social widget wont let me sign on, not sure if it just me or it requireds something else, if anyone gets it to work let me know, evrything else works perfectly

this was tested on HTC EVO, if it doesnt work for some phones dont bother asking me why it doesnt.

HERES A VIDEO IF U GUYS WANNA KNOW WHAT U DOWNLOADING
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NnvL22Y_gg

ENJOY...

download link:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/o0CQSj5u/Dell_Stage_Apks.html

to download unzip the files (7zip) open the folder and drag the apks to ur sd card and than go to ur phone and use astro manager, or any other file manager and install like any other app.
    (srry i cant download evry single apk its to big of a file)

download stage launcher apk first, and than the widgets.

update:11/8/10

FOR SOME REASON THE PHONE BUTTON, MIGHT NOT WORK IF UR NOT ROOTED OR ROOTED WITH CUSTOM ROM,
    ANY PHONE THAT HAS A SPECIAL NAME FOR THE "PHONE" APK, LIKE DROID'S (blurphone APK)AND SOME HTC WHERE THE PHONE APK ITS NOT JUST NAME AS "PHONE" APK, THE LAUNCHER WONT RECOGNIZE THE "PHONE" BUTTON ON THE DELL LAUNCHER,

THE ONLY WAY I BELIEVE FOR ROOT USER ONLY , TO MAKE THE PHONE BUTTON WORK ITS TO REPLACE THE CUSTOM NAME "APK" TO STOCK "PHONE" APK WITH ADB PUSH OR ROOT EXPLORE, I HAVE NOT TEST THIS METHOD OUT YET MYSELF, SO BACKUP UR ROM BEFORE TRYING, IM NOT RESPOSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
    (THIS SHOULD BE DONE WITH ADVANCE USERS ONLY, PLEASE DONT TRY TO REPLACE THE PHONE APK IF U DONT KNOW WHAT UR DOING, U WILL MESSED UP UR CUSTOM ROM)

I TEST THIS OUT ON THE CUSTOM MIUI ROM AND EVRYTHING WORKS FOR ME EXCEPT THE SOCIAL WIDGET.

THANKS TO THIS GUYS WIT THIS ARTICLE, AND IF U NEED MORE INFO CLICK HERE.
    http://www.goodandevo.net/2010/11/unreleased-dell-stage-ui-running-on-htc-evo.html#more
    I tried the new apk and I still get "application not installed" at the end of the install process. I don't know?

Not sure of the order you did things but, uninstall all current dell Widgets and launcher. Then install my launcher and Widgets.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App
    Dont work on Samsung Galaxy 3 :)
    It was a try.