[ROM][5/2/11] RMK's DZ/G2 Doubleshot (Sense 3 + Espresso) Port (v1.0.0)

Search This thread

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This is a DZ/G2 port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Doubleshot (TMOUS_1.01.531.1, new Sense 3.0 device), provided by 911 Sniper. This ROM is a work in progress but is now in a usable state. Unlike the Sensation port, the Doubleshot's resolution matches that of our devices, so this is a substantial improvement.

Screenshots

snap20110428_022029-0.png
snap20110428_022029-1.png
snap20110428_022029-2.png

Features

• Based on Doubleshot (myTouch 4G Slide) TEST ROM 1.01.531.1, ported for Vision.

• All device hardware should be fully functional.

• Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.

• Camera, camcorder fully functional (thanks eViL).

• Over 100MB of bloatware removed.

• Relocated Market-available applications to /data/app.

• Applications optimized to reduce size and increase performance (thanks rafyvitto).

• Massive APNS list.

• Replaced boot animation from this thread (thanks cypis).

Installation

1. You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

2. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

3. Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

4. Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

5. After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Known Issues

• The default USB connected mode is "Disk Drive" rather than "Charge Only".

• Auto brightness is enabled by default and does not adjust properly. You will probably want to disable it.

• Using Menu -> Personalize from the launcher brings up T-Mobile's settings app, which does not work correctly. Simply press and hold on any unused area of the desktop to launch HTC's personalization.

• Landscape mode does not render properly for the Launcher. It works, just does not look right.

• There are various harmless graphical quirks present. Keep in mind this port is based off a TEST release, so this should be expected.

• Lockscreen shortcuts do not work. The implementation seems incomplete in this build.

Credit and Acknowledgements

Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: eViL D:, rafyvitto, 911Sniper, cypis and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.

Disclaimer

As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.

Download ROM Here (317MB)
(MD5: be6285b95210136c56d6d957962f9ab8)

Download Launcher Fix (Reduces Reloads)

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button!

Last edited:

NexusOneOwner

Sep 2, 2010
Well done RMK, this looks like a sweet ROM. I believe I might wait until a stable release is available, and any issues resolved.

Is the data connection indicator stock or is that custom. I don't prefer the Gingerbread arrows over the E/3G/4G-H icons, is there a way to change them to Sense style? If not I might need to make some changes in the framework & whip something up.

Either way, nice work.

Last edited:

EdKeys

Jan 6, 2011
Islamorada
I believe it does come with a T-Mobile US (TMOUS) radio since this ROM is the T-Mobile HTC Double Shot, which has the Radio already included.

In other words, the leaked ROM had a T-Mobile based radio included.

....for another device, NOT the G2 or Desire Z. The ROM in this thread has been ported to the G2/Desire Z by rmk. The radio that came with the original ruu will most likely not work on our our phones.

bigmoew

Jul 4, 2010
Great job, once again, RMK. Can't wait to flash and see what works.

My first suggestion right off the bat is to replace the launcher with rosie, damn ugly blocks

Gawain1986

Nov 24, 2007
Rotterdam
First of all: Nice work!

A first overview:
The ROM feel fairly smooth and most hardware is working. I'm just having minor issues with bloatware apps like face recognition.

As soon as that's cleared up, everything is usable.

GunToYoMouth123

May 16, 2009
Miami
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Oh man Rmk, I love you like a bro I never had before. You sir, are the man ! Lolololol. What a perfect morning for me (Miami 7:00 A.M.) I am backing up my rom,and testing this baby out. Big size by the way. But,a beautiful big step. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

maus010

Apr 10, 2009
Roosendaal
One annoyance: the Keymap for my DZ is incorrect. Letters are working fine, just characters are messed up.

You're right on that one!

Second thing I noticed is that my 3G connection isn't working.
I can only accomplish an internet connection with WiFi.
Or am I doing something wrong here?!

Also the camera doesn't work.

But Sense 3.0 looks awsome!!
Great job RMK!!

Last edited:

eXase

Mar 13, 2010

Great job RMK!!

Probably need to fix your APNs

GunToYoMouth123

May 16, 2009
Miami
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Great job RMK!!

This is a port with no changes, so it may be because of the radio you have OR because of what eXase mentions.

Make sure you wipe everything though.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a DZ/G2 port of the leaked ROM from the HTC Doubleshot (TMOUS_1.01.531.1, new Sense 3.0 device), provided by 911 Sniper. This ROM is a work in progress but is now in a usable state. Unlike the Sensation port, the Doubleshot's resolution matches that of our devices, so this is a substantial improvement.

Screenshots

snap20110428_022029-0.png
    snap20110428_022029-1.png
    snap20110428_022029-2.png

Features

• Based on Doubleshot (myTouch 4G Slide) TEST ROM 1.01.531.1, ported for Vision.

• All device hardware should be fully functional.

• Uses select libs/bins from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ (2.30.405.1)

• Kernel 2.6.35.10 from the Gingerbread leak for G2/DZ.

• Camera, camcorder fully functional (thanks eViL).

• Over 100MB of bloatware removed.

• Relocated Market-available applications to /data/app.

• Applications optimized to reduce size and increase performance (thanks rafyvitto).

• Massive APNS list.

• Replaced boot animation from this thread (thanks cypis).

Installation

1. You must be perm rooted with and Clockwork Recovery installed (i.e. s-off).

2. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM, in case you change your mind or encounter issues.

3. Apply the zip via Clockwork Recovery. It has not been tested with any other recovery.

4. Expect the first boot to take anywhere from 6-10 minutes. The lengthy first boot time is due to the dexopts process and installation of /data/apps. Subsequent reboots should be significantly quicker.

5. After initial install, allow a few minutes for all ROM-provided applications to appear. Some are installed post-boot using package manager.

Known Issues

• The default USB connected mode is "Disk Drive" rather than "Charge Only".

• Auto brightness is enabled by default and does not adjust properly. You will probably want to disable it.

• Using Menu -> Personalize from the launcher brings up T-Mobile's settings app, which does not work correctly. Simply press and hold on any unused area of the desktop to launch HTC's personalization.

• Landscape mode does not render properly for the Launcher. It works, just does not look right.

• There are various harmless graphical quirks present. Keep in mind this port is based off a TEST release, so this should be expected.

• Lockscreen shortcuts do not work. The implementation seems incomplete in this build.

Credit and Acknowledgements

Thank you to the following people for their help putting this ROM together: eViL D:, rafyvitto, 911Sniper, cypis and all the testers who subjected their devices to test builds in order to provide essential feedback.

Disclaimer

As with any modification (ROM, patch, etc), you run the risk of damaging your device. While unlikely, it is important to consider this possibility before proceeding. I take no responsibility for any such damage, data loss or otherwise.

Download ROM Here (317MB)
    (MD5: be6285b95210136c56d6d957962f9ab8)

Download Launcher Fix (Reduces Reloads)

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button!
    New version (v1.0.0) is available.

As far as I know all the major feature features are functional. There are graphical quirks here and there but the ROM is definitely in a usable state.

Enjoy!
    No Twitter sync in FriendStream in this build?

It wasn't included in the base ROM. I'm planning to add it.
    I can confirm that pinning it into memory does fix the problem. Word on the street is that rmk is putting a patch together for anyone who's not comfortable using adb.

Yep. Patch is up in the OP. Just flash it after the ROM.
    OK I'll see what I can do. :)