[ROM] WildChild Sense [July 17]

Search This thread

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012
1intro.jpg

As requested by you, my grateful users, I humbly present to you...

The WildChild Sense ROM​

2features.jpg

This is basically your stock HTC Sense 2.1 ROM, with a few extra twists:

• WildChild themed (hope ya like blue!)
  • Einstein Frat's latest "Cake" (v1.4) over-clocked kernel
  • De-Odex'ed ROM (with an Odex version coming very, very soon!)
  • Extra alarm & notification sounds
  • a2sd support (with Link2SD bundled... go nuts.)
  • Wake screen with volume rocker
  • CRT animation on/off
  • Removed the Google Market updater (will provide it as an Add-On, if users wish it)
  • Some extra crap I'm almost certainly forgetting

4applist.jpg

• Adobe Flash player
  • Barcode Scanner
  • Link2SD
  • Terminal Emulator
  • AnEq Equalizer
  • FileExpert
  • GPSStatus
  • NoFrills CPU
  • Notepad
  • Partitions Info Lite
  • ScreenFilter (for making your screen ultra-dark)
  • Startup Auditor
  • Superuser
  • WiFi Manager
  • Wifi Tracker
(ALL apps are at current version, as of today)

8addons.jpg

As with the original WildChild ROM, I will add flashable .zip "Add-On" packages as users request them. There are currently Add-Ons unique to WildChild Sense (see Post #2, below) or you have the option to experiment with the numerous Add-Ons from my previous WildChild ROM (found here). I suspect most of the original WildChild Add-Ons will work with this Sense ROM, just stay away from anything marked "Nemus" or "Rosie" unless you know what the hell you're doing. ;)

7downloads.jpg

There are two versions of this ROM: Odex'ed and De-Odex'ed. Search on these XDA forums to learn the difference. The Odex'ed version here gives you about 108 MB of internal /data space free for your applications install.

WildChild Sense De-Odex [v1.0]
MD5 = a784c5e8be9c019a2b09c81b3bda0363

WildChild Sense Odex [v1.0]
MD5 = 43649c3bf780dd216d2cb782e86cf4ed

As far as Sense 2.1 ROMs go, this one's pretty slick. Not only is it VERY stable (I tested it for two weeks prior to release with nary a single force-close, hang, or reboot) but, as usual, it's pretty phucking good looking. ;) If you enjoy the Sense UI as much as I do, then I hope you have fun with this ROM. Feedback, as usual, is very much welcomed.

Installation instructions are similar to the previous WildChild ROM. Get 'em here.

Enjoy,

...oh, and since no one will download a ROM without 'em, here are your beloved:

9screenshots.jpg

Attachments

• IcyBlue.png
    IcyBlue.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 1,959
  • shot_000020.png
    shot_000020.png
    112.8 KB · Views: 2,736
  • shot_000022.png
    shot_000022.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 2,456
  • shot_000024.png
    shot_000024.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 2,266
  • shot_000025.png
    shot_000025.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 2,306
  • 14-Dialer.png
    14-Dialer.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 1,999
  • 20-Booya.png
    20-Booya.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 1,934
  • shot_000026.png
    shot_000026.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,887
Last edited:

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012
8addons.jpg

[+] WildChild "Recovery" flash (for when you f*ck up your ROM big time!) ;)
(Recovery Download for DeOdex ROM)
(Recovery download for Odex ROM)
This "Recovery" will replace essential services and framework in the WildChild Sense ROM. It is intended for you hacker folks who took tweaking a step too far and are now caught in a boot loop (or other disastrous consequences). By flashing this recovery, there is a VERY good chance that you will be able to reboot properly into your ROM (so that you may backup your apps, data, etc.) and then re-flash the ROM if necessary.
N.B. By flashing this recovery you may lose some customizations you've made to the ROM (but at least you'll get a chance to get your data back!), so use with caution.

[+] Change the colour of your boot animation
(See preview pics at http://imageshack.us/g/534/snowwhiteh.png/)

Coming soon...

[+] 5x4 app drawer
[+] remove my Ring of Fire lock screen and replace with stock :(
[+] other cosmetic tweaks and add-on's stolen from the original WildChild

Last edited:

anhelogr

Apr 30, 2012
Oh maaan I like this but I like my ultra lite Wildchild too:p:D
Ok I will give it a try :beer:

Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild. v2. 0

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012

I know. You can hate me later (when I release the "refresh" for WildChild!) ;)

One of the most frustrating things I remember is setting up my ROM just the way I like it... and then a DEV comes along and releases a ROM I was interested and I was like, "noooooooooo!!! you bastard!".

I think I've spent more time flashing, configuring, and tweaking, than I actually have using my damned phone. ;)

Thanks for all your positive input so far, anhelogr!

Cheers,

drnag

Jun 24, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Thanks for making sense ROM Tigger. Waiting for odex version. You made wildfire s rocking.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

anhelogr

Apr 30, 2012
Well tested it very good job like always stable fast but I was missing something :rolleyes:
I came back to my favorite ultra lite and i am happy again :):p
If you are a sense man then this the rom for you :thumbup:
Well done Tigger31337;):)

Send from my HTC Wildfire S
ROM. Wildchild. v2. 0

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012
Buy me a beer?! :)

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to even being writing this but, since enough of you have asked me (both privately and publicly), I feel that I should at least give you the option of showing your gratitude.

I've linked a "Donate" button to the top of my Tigger avatar. You can use that if you wanna throw a buck or two my way. I promise that all money received will go DIRECTLY into my "weekend beer" fund, and not towards my wife or kids. ;)

p.s. I didn't choose the horrible "Donate" icon; it is the standard XDA graphic. *yawn*

Thank you, kindly, for all your support so far. :)

intel007

Nov 21, 2011
Kent/London
Anyone tell me what flash player performance is like?

I've never had much luck getting flash player working on sense Roms, only cm7 seems to run it for me.

If someone can confirm it works then I'm in.

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012
Anyone tell me what flash player performance is like?

I've never had much luck getting flash player working on sense Roms, only cm7 seems to run it for me.

If someone can confirm it works then I'm in.

I'm on the homestarrunner.com website right now and it's working just fine! ;)
It's Adobe Flash Player v11.0 that's bundled with the ROM. Works out of the box.

:cool:

Reactions: intel007

Tigger31337

Jan 10, 2012
ROM is good. But low scores on Antutu. Is adreno update installed or anything I missed.

There are no Adreno libs.
Also, the ROM scores low (compared to the "original" WildChild) because of all the Sense UI and packages that autostart. I've supplied a startup manager app that you can use to select what does/doesn't launch. If you tweak that (and plug in 768 Mhz/performance for CPU) then it scores a respectable Antutu score... but still nothing close to my Sense-less WildChild. The Sense UI really does take a lot out of a phone (but it's beauty is unparalleled, in my opinion!).

This ROM is purely for those Sense junkies. If it's speed & free RAM you're after, then WildChild (and even the WildChild/CM7-mashup) will make ya happy. :cool:

Reactions: deathstroyer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1intro.jpg

As requested by you, my grateful users, I humbly present to you...

The WildChild Sense ROM​

2features.jpg

This is basically your stock HTC Sense 2.1 ROM, with a few extra twists:

• WildChild themed (hope ya like blue!)
    • Einstein Frat's latest "Cake" (v1.4) over-clocked kernel
    • De-Odex'ed ROM (with an Odex version coming very, very soon!)
    • Extra alarm & notification sounds
    • a2sd support (with Link2SD bundled... go nuts.)
    • Wake screen with volume rocker
    • CRT animation on/off
    • Removed the Google Market updater (will provide it as an Add-On, if users wish it)
    • Some extra crap I'm almost certainly forgetting

4applist.jpg

• Adobe Flash player
    • Barcode Scanner
    • Link2SD
    • Terminal Emulator
    • AnEq Equalizer
    • FileExpert
    • GPSStatus
    • NoFrills CPU
    • Notepad
    • Partitions Info Lite
    • ScreenFilter (for making your screen ultra-dark)
    • Startup Auditor
    • Superuser
    • WiFi Manager
    • Wifi Tracker
    (ALL apps are at current version, as of today)

8addons.jpg

As with the original WildChild ROM, I will add flashable .zip "Add-On" packages as users request them. There are currently Add-Ons unique to WildChild Sense (see Post #2, below) or you have the option to experiment with the numerous Add-Ons from my previous WildChild ROM (found here). I suspect most of the original WildChild Add-Ons will work with this Sense ROM, just stay away from anything marked "Nemus" or "Rosie" unless you know what the hell you're doing. ;)

7downloads.jpg

There are two versions of this ROM: Odex'ed and De-Odex'ed. Search on these XDA forums to learn the difference. The Odex'ed version here gives you about 108 MB of internal /data space free for your applications install.

WildChild Sense De-Odex [v1.0]
    MD5 = a784c5e8be9c019a2b09c81b3bda0363

WildChild Sense Odex [v1.0]
    MD5 = 43649c3bf780dd216d2cb782e86cf4ed

As far as Sense 2.1 ROMs go, this one's pretty slick. Not only is it VERY stable (I tested it for two weeks prior to release with nary a single force-close, hang, or reboot) but, as usual, it's pretty phucking good looking. ;) If you enjoy the Sense UI as much as I do, then I hope you have fun with this ROM. Feedback, as usual, is very much welcomed.

Installation instructions are similar to the previous WildChild ROM. Get 'em here.

Enjoy,

...oh, and since no one will download a ROM without 'em, here are your beloved:

9screenshots.jpg
    8addons.jpg

[+] WildChild "Recovery" flash (for when you f*ck up your ROM big time!) ;)
    (Recovery Download for DeOdex ROM)
    (Recovery download for Odex ROM)
    This "Recovery" will replace essential services and framework in the WildChild Sense ROM. It is intended for you hacker folks who took tweaking a step too far and are now caught in a boot loop (or other disastrous consequences). By flashing this recovery, there is a VERY good chance that you will be able to reboot properly into your ROM (so that you may backup your apps, data, etc.) and then re-flash the ROM if necessary.
    N.B. By flashing this recovery you may lose some customizations you've made to the ROM (but at least you'll get a chance to get your data back!), so use with caution.

[+] Change the colour of your boot animation
    (See preview pics at http://imageshack.us/g/534/snowwhiteh.png/)

Coming soon...

[+] 5x4 app drawer
    [+] remove my Ring of Fire lock screen and replace with stock :(
    [+] other cosmetic tweaks and add-on's stolen from the original WildChild

I know. You can hate me later (when I release the "refresh" for WildChild!) ;)

One of the most frustrating things I remember is setting up my ROM just the way I like it... and then a DEV comes along and releases a ROM I was interested and I was like, "noooooooooo!!! you bastard!".

I think I've spent more time flashing, configuring, and tweaking, than I actually have using my damned phone. ;)

Thanks for all your positive input so far, anhelogr!

Cheers,
    What is the difference between ext3 ext2 ext4 I partition my card with cwm and choose ext3 on link2sd and it works ok I have linked all my apps 45+ and i have more then 100 mb free :)

In a nutshell, ext4 offers journalling and ext2 doesn't.
    ext3 is the bastard child that nobody wanted and it doesn't get much attention and love. Poke around on the XDA forums and you'll see that (as far as Android/SDCards are concerned) the war is really between fs2 and fs4.

Lots of good technical (read: "boring") articles that go into this debate in detail. I read some of it, ended up choosing fs2, and then quit reading about it. ;)

Good luck,
    I was confused.I thought you were talking about "WildChild" not "WildChild Sense"

Oh, sorry, now I'm confused, myself.

Flashlight in the Quick Settings is on WildChild 3 (since it wasn't in previous versions).
    In WildChild Sense... I don't even remember, since I stopped working on the project.

If you tell me WildChild Sense does not have flashlight in Quick Settings, then I'll add it as a separate flashable add-on. No other version releases are planned for WildChild Sense.

Hope that clarifies,