Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Anthony820

Jan 3, 2012
Greensboro
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

I just change my min to 192 and UV it to the lowest possible - 700 - and leave it all at that. I figure my phone spends 30% of the time, if not more, in it's lowest possible state, so if I can reduce the energy it consumes I'll notice the largest overall impact. I've never tried figuring out what every speed can actually function on. =/

InfiniteNomad

Apr 6, 2011
Re: [rom] [4.2.2] Unofficial CyanogenMOD [cm10.1] - [feb19] - PREVIEW 5

Preview 5 working like a champ!

jlpatte2

Dec 16, 2009
Raleigh, NC

This ROM is incredible. It made me switch back to my Note from my One X. My only issue is battery life. I take it off the charger around 7:30 AM and the battery is fully depleted by 5 PM, with only an hour of screen on time, even with brightness on 20%. I have to be doing something wrong. Anyone have any tips to achieve maximum battery life?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

I think one thing that is different is that location tracking and location history are on by default. You might try turning one or more off. Also get a good battery tracker to help I'd what's using processor time. I had awful battery at first but was able to find a address most of it and get back to relatively normal life.
Josh

MasterKaiser

Sep 18, 2009
San Juan
Hello fellas, have an i717 running on Tmo, want to run this ROM, any radio recommended ? running right now Padawan v8 UVLG3 Radio.

Thanks in advance!

taob

Oct 17, 2010
Toronto, ON
also.. only some wall charger will give you more amperage. some are capped.
Yeah, that's what I was wondering. I'm assuming the stock Note wall charger would only put out 1 A, regardless of what the phone requested. I have the wall charger from my Touchpad that can put out closer to 2 A, but I'm not sure if the wiring to signal that capability is different on HP than on Android. My Anker 10000 mAh pack claims it can do up to 3 A. Maybe I'll give that a try...

I could force more amperage, but im in the business of fixing samsungs, not breaking them...
I'd like to have the option of breaking my Note... :D

nycokla

Mar 21, 2011
Long Island, NY

So this is a great rom. Been running for a couple days no problems. However I have a problem with Google a new lock screen... The one that has pages, widgets... I absolutely hate it... It looks cheap and just doesn't seem to fit... Anyway to change the lock screen or install something else

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

gwbard

So this is a great rom. Been running for a couple days no problems. However I have a problem with Google a new lock screen... The one that has pages, widgets... I absolutely hate it... It looks cheap and just doesn't seem to fit... Anyway to change the lock screen or install something else

- GNote via Tapatalk 2
Of course!
WidgetLocker, MagicLocker, etc...
It's YOUR android -- do whatever you want :)

nycokla

Mar 21, 2011
Long Island, NY

Of course!
WidgetLocker, MagicLocker, etc...
It's YOUR android -- do whatever you want :)

Yea I get that but I don't want to use a 3rd party app for a lock screen... Is this a lock screen Google is sticking with? It just seems cheap and cheesy for a lock screen

- GNote via Tapatalk 2

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo

The lock screen widgets can't be disabled. It is Google's way to get around the lawsuit brought on by Apple. So either you can deal with it as is, install a 3rd party lock screen or put a different lock method on. While it sucks it is what it is to not be sued.

Sent from the Note-rix

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
Mtp, camera (ptp), mass storage

i am on preview 5 and i am having problems with any computer recognizing my phone. all the computers i use have the drivers for the phone installed. when i plug in the phone the status bar shows," connected as media device" & " android debugging" briefly and that's it. ive toggle thru all three options in the storage menu and nothing. The phone doesn't show up as connected. it was working fine on p2 and p3 but not p4 or p5. i know about airdroid and it works OK but it doesn't support viewing the external sd card, only internal storage. am i doing something wrong or is this something that just doesn't work yet, if so could you let me know and ill stop asking. :p

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo

Actually I have had that issue myself. Tried to connect with P4 last night and nothing. Tried to connect with P5 today. Nothing.

Sent from the Note-rix

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
The lock screen widgets can't be disabled. It is Google's way to get around the lawsuit brought on by Apple. So either you can deal with it as is, install a 3rd party lock screen or put a different lock method on. While it sucks it is what it is to not be sued.

No idea how this would play into any Apple lawsuit.. but anyway..

Yes, you can disable both widgets and camera from the 4.2 Lockscreen, there's an API for it, and the app below lets you do just that:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wordpress.chislonchow.deviceadminkeyguard

It does not let you change the lockscreen etc.. It simply doesn't let you enter the camera directly (swiping to the left from the rightmost screen) or add any lockscreens. You can select either or both options (camera/lockscreen widgets) And it might limit you to the single Clock lockscreen if you've added more, not sure.

Things like music lockscreens etc still work. It more or less makes it like the old lockscreen in function.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlpatte2

ZacksBuilds

Dec 9, 2012

Hello all, I flashed P5 earlier this morning and have been having this weird issue. At around 10PM I shut my phone off to charge for awhile. I turned it back on about 30minutes ago and it seems that my screen sorta shifted upwards a little. Can anyone help? :confused:

jlpatte2

Dec 16, 2009
Raleigh, NC

So just wanted to chime in here preview 4 is still going great for me 64 hours in and no reboots that beats my previous best on a cm10+ build by 3x. The best I had ever managed before was 20ish hours.
This ROM is great.
Thanks, Josh

DARKCHYLDX101

Jun 11, 2011
City of Sin

You can drag the widget you don't like to the trash. And have no widgets on the lock screen at all. I kind of like dash clock as my main widget.

CM 10.1 I717 Galaxy Note

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361388672263.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361388672263.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 364

jrea77

May 2, 2012
3city
Actually I have had that issue myself. Tried to connect with P4 last night and nothing. Tried to connect with P5 today. Nothing.

Sent from the Note-rix

someone (Bradl79) in a thread i started in Q&A suggested i try USB Switcher from the market. I didnt work for me but you could maybe give it a try and see if it works for you.......let me know if it did and the steps you took

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    moving onto a new rom, the official cm nightlies and M releases are doing great :)

13347-cm-10-1-logo

Credits: www.cyanogenmod.com for all your info needs,
    Sources: www.github.com/cyanogenmod for all your source needs

wipe data/system/cache's before installing.
    the above steps arent needed if your flashing from previous build or cm nightly. but is recommended to clear cache after flashing the rom.

rom: Preview 13
    gapps: 4.2.x GAPPS

if you get a recovery error when flashing, either upgrade your cwm or install twrp2*recommended*.

changelog:
    preview 13
    -- merged all up to today
    -- battery bar back
    -- probably more.

preview 12
    -- lots of cm merges since last build
    -- basic stock build with gestures this time around.

preview 11
    -- merged to latest cm merges *there were quite a few*
    -- yes cm's pie is included *settings-system-pie controls*, note: there is no notification/quick settings access in this pie thats pa.
    -- stylus gestures rebased
    -- more here and there just enjoy :)

Credits and Thanks:
    CyanogenMod
    roger_n *for all the help*
    gs2usr *for all the help*
    teamchopsticks *for all the help*
    chris41g for his kernel and work

Extras:
    -- disable cap buttons*plus re-enable* disable - enable flash in recovery. disable key lights in "advanced settings"
    -- if you want per app dpi check HERE
    -- chris41g's kernel here *recommended*
    -- SuperNote from padphone 2 *s-note replacement* HERE - unzip then install like you would any .apk
    preview 7 is up and ready for flashing, enjoy bed time now
    That is just crazy. Shows how much people really do care. When the time comes and you leave people will be upset that there are less and less ROMS for the Note around cause you refuse to post them here or build them to share anymore cause the lack of appreciation.

I would personally hate to see the latter of that. It would suck only having the CM builds only to flash on my Note and not be able to get PA anytime soon.

i wont let 1-2 people ruin it for the rest of you so dont worry about that, there has been way more positive about the release then negative, negative just sticks out a lot more. but honestly if they want silly things they can pm me, im not some big mean green monster or something, im just very outspoken.
    PREVIEW 4 is up
    changelog in op