"AOE" Notification Light Alternative

Search This thread

deepu458

Hi Dev, its really a great app. But there is a small flaw with the way this app behaves in pocket mode. So when i set pocket mode on or off in this app and when the phone is in pocket bcase of the notification the screen is being lit by this app and pocket mode info screen is kicking in until we take the phone out of pocket it stays on and drains the battery much quickly.

PapaMag

Mar 13, 2011
White City, Utah
OnePlus 9
Hi Dev, its really a great app. But there is a small flaw with the way this app behaves in pocket mode. So when i set pocket mode on or off in this app and when the phone is in pocket bcase of the notification the screen is being lit by this app and pocket mode info screen is kicking in until we take the phone out of pocket it stays on and drains the battery much quickly.

I am not experiencing any issues with battery drain or pocket mode using AOE.

VectorM8

May 10, 2014
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
Can anyone check behavior when using AOE when charging? I use edge notification when plugged in for 5 min following notification when fully charged. Works great but when I unplug phone fully charged indicator light stay on till I drain battery to 97% or so.

tonyaross

Jun 11, 2013
I love this app. The design is beautiful.

I'm using Huawei p30. The AOE only works when I manually turn on the lockscreen, even though I set it to work automatically when a notification comes in the setting. The battery optimization is off, I also make it auto launch in the phone setting, etc., but no luck so far.

One thing that I noticed is that when I try other similar apps, they show up on my phone's "Accessibility" option. When I turn them on, they (these apps) can observe the phone's behavior. This is what makes them work. If I turn them off in "Accessibility," they stop working. But when I install AOE, it does NOT show up in "Accessibility." Is there a way to fix this or get around it?

Love the app and hope can make it work

PapaMag

Mar 13, 2011
White City, Utah
OnePlus 9
I love this app. The design is beautiful.

I'm using Huawei p30. The AOE only works when I manually turn on the lockscreen, even though I set it to work automatically when a notification comes in the setting. The battery optimization is off, I also make it auto launch in the phone setting, etc., but no luck so far.

One thing that I noticed is that when I try other similar apps, they show up on my phone's "Accessibility" option. When I turn them on, they (these apps) can observe the phone's behavior. This is what makes them work. If I turn them off in "Accessibility," they stop working. But when I install AOE, it does NOT show up in "Accessibility." Is there a way to fix this or get around it?

Love the app and hope can make it work

I have mine set to notify on or off. With phone state enabled I have had no luck with AOE working correctly. As for Accessibility I am not sure but the Dev monitors this thread so hopefully you will get your answer.

Reactions: tonyaross

tonyaross

Jun 11, 2013
I have mine set to notify on or off. With phone state enabled I have had no luck with AOE working correctly. As for Accessibility I am not sure but the Dev monitors this thread so hopefully you will get your answer.

I've tried all sort of things with this. The only time it works is if I select "clock always on, edges when notifications come." I think the "clock always on" keeps it from closing and that's why it works. But other option won't. I hope the Dev can find a way to fix this.

Top Liked Posts