[ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla

Search This thread

ezeuba

Account currently disabled
Sep 15, 2009
Usa
meettomy.site
A million thanks D

Thanks for this D. Mighty appreciate this. I'm supposed to be off duty today, but I'll head to the office now so I can download this via wifi. Thanks again. It's because of folks like you that XDA rocks...

danramos

Dec 18, 2010
Springfield, MA
I am thank-raging so hard! ;)

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou THANK YOU!!!!! :D

stock, rooted, that's it.

I am posting this becuase people kind of asked for it, although not so politely.

It's stock with root, therefore i will not be supporting it. I've done nothing to it.

It is not deodexed, or zipaligned, or anything else.

Flash in heimdall and wipe after, as usual.

Enjoy.

D

http://goo.gl/ob5b2

mad_presley

Oct 27, 2007
What Heimdall version did you use to get it flashed?
I tried latest version and I get "header contained an invalid file size." error:(

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
What Heimdall version did you use to get it flashed?
I tried latest version and I get "header contained an invalid file size." error:(

After you have downloaded the zip, extract it into it's separate files. Then use Heimdall 1.1.1 (frontend) and put the individual files in the right boxes. Put your tab in download mode (volume down/power on) and flash.

Reactions: mad_presley

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
If you want to add dsb9938's overclocked kernel to this, download his Galaxy Cubed 3 ROM on this thread and flash just the kernel. If you want his CWM recovery, flash that too. But don't flash the other files if you want to keep the stock EI04.

You will end up with a stock, rooted ROM with an overclocked (1.6) kernel and a CWM recovery to do nandroid backups and flash mods. Sweet.

D, you are awesome! Thank you.

Reactions: mad_presley

Jacklad

Jan 19, 2009
Los Angeles
CW Recovery

Tried flashing (with heimdall) your kernel & recovery from Cubed 3 onto this stock/rooted but I bootlooped - is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, assuming I'm able to get at least the clockwork recovery flashed, is there a way i can get the CW App you have on the Cubed Roms?

Thanks as always for the great support -

dsb9938

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
Tried flashing (with heimdall) your kernel & recovery from Cubed 3 onto this stock/rooted but I bootlooped - is there something I'm doing wrong?

Also, assuming I'm able to get at least the clockwork recovery flashed, is there a way i can get the CW App you have on the Cubed Roms?

Thanks as always for the great support -

Far as I know it should work. Might have to wipe. I know people have donew the kernel, can't see why recovery would be an issue. Maybe a bad flash?

As for the app, it was made by chainfire, search for it.

D

larry0071

Oct 22, 2009
To verify,

In FactoryFS I place system.rfs
In Kernal (zImage) I place zImage
In Param.lfs I place Param.lfs

Leave Primary and secondary bootloader slots empty.

In cache I place chache.rfs

Leave database, modem and recovery empty.

Correct? Or does recovery get a copy of system.rfs?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Note that my goal is to get back to stock so that I can exchange this. I rooted and changed ROM because of the FCs I was getting in machine gun speed since I did the 2.3 OTA. I tried flashing Cubed 3 in hopes that I could get out of my issue, but there seems to be more going on here than a software issue.

I need to get pure stock, and complete a waranty exchange.

dsb9938

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2010
Edison, NJ
To verify,

In FactoryFS I place system.rfs
In Kernal (zImage) I place zImage
In Param.lfs I place Param.lfs

Leave Primary and secondary bootloader slots empty.

In cache I place chache.rfs

Leave database, modem and recovery empty.

Correct? Or does recovery get a copy of system.rfs?

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Note that my goal is to get back to stock so that I can exchange this. I rooted and changed ROM because of the FCs I was getting in machine gun speed since I did the 2.3 OTA. I tried flashing Cubed 3 in hopes that I could get out of my issue, but there seems to be more going on here than a software issue.

I need to get pure stock, and complete a waranty exchange.

Use every file I gave you.

D

larry0071

Oct 22, 2009
I did that last tonight. It is at 2.3.5 worth the super user application showing. It can not be uninstalled at the application monitor, how can I get rid of that?

HTC Thunderbolt 4G using Tapatalk.

beautifulbug

Oct 11, 2008
This is FABULOUS - Now My GTab is a Useful Tool, Not Just a Plaything

Thanks, dsb9938, for your time and energy put into this Stock+Root Vanilla for Verizon CDMA GTabs! I'm not into playing with different ROMs, and am limited by where I live to Verizon as my carrier, so I was thrilled to find this thread - Root without the learning curve of a different ROM.

Thanks also, to leapinlar for his input - after the holidays, maybe I'll play with overclocking. And, I sent thanks to Glass Echidna for Heimdall and their helpful instructions; this was my first Root (although I'd purchased a rooted cheapie prior to the GTab), but I felt very confident.

I did the Root last night, using Hiemdall 1.1.1 Suite, and it went without a hitch. I was so excited that I stayed up all night, getting Titanium Back-Up Pro wrapped around all my precious apps and data, re-installing, etc.

It's great to know that I can go back to "stock stock" if needed but, in the meantime, get rid of piles of bloatware. I'm an old "mainframe dinosaur" - it's good to get system-level control of my technology, once again. My main thrill, so far, is that I've been able to freeze the stock calendar & contacts in favour of useful ones - eliminating redundancy. Oh - and being able to back up data with apks is a huge relief....

The point of my Thanks to you? I did not WANT "bells & whistles" - just a streamlined machine - and that's exactly what you have given me. I sure hope that you will be creating vanilla stock+roots for many future versions. In just 24 hours, you've had a most positive effect on the efficiency of both my personal and business lives, and I wanted to let you know.

"There is No Free Lunch": I sent a donation (not nearly enough to cover the benefits I received, :eek:) to acknowledge your excellent work. I hope that everyone who benefits from your work does the same.... ;)

Reactions: dsb9938

tom95ster

Feb 11, 2009
Salgótarján
www.nogradrc.hu
Hmm tried megaupload today and it worked. Anyone else on TWC can't get through?
The Megaupload link is broken.
The link In the #18 post is correct, works fine! Thanks!
Anyone know a better rom for vzw tab than this?

Edited:
Finaly, I flashed this Rom to my sch-I800. Works fine, everything is ok for me. Intresting thing, the quadrant scoore is lower with this Rom than the stock vzw Rom, but the Tab speed is faster and faster :)
Thanks this Rom for the Rom Chef!!! ;-)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts