[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21
I performed a hard-reset on my device and tested Windows Media Player Mobile (WMP).

I noticed that when perform the very first (initial) Update Library and do not exit WMP, it will lock during video playback - after the reset, all is well. If I perform the very first (initial) Update Library and exit WMP, restart WMP, audio/video playback behaves as expected.

In the 5.05.405.1 stock ROM, HTC was copying a pre-scanned XMEMediaLibrary.mlb file to the device to "work around" the problem.

:rolleyes:

hi,

i don't understand what u were saying...
what are the steps to make it work?
or is there an easier way?

so sorry... for being such a noob

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
hi,

i don't understand what u were saying...
what are the steps to make it work?
or is there an easier way?

so sorry... for being such a noob

This is a separate issue that I discovered while working on your issue - not related other than you will notice that same problem.

In your case, I suggest looking at the "21051_Test_ERV_Profiles.zip" file that I attached a few posts back; I tested that configuration and playback works as expected. Try compiling a new ROM image using those selections; you can omit the RILPHONE override as you're not on the Rogers network.

Cheers,

Last edited:

crazyC

Jul 25, 2006
Gravesend
Regretably, had to let the Midgets go and return to stock operations in the kitchen. :(

Rumour has it they may be lurking around ... here's the last "known" address that I have on file.

:)

Cheers.

I seem to be having issues with the UC process - it is not releasing the screen for user input when it should - anyone got any thoughts or can confirm?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Cheers.

I seem to be having issues with the UC process - it is not releasing the screen for user input when it should - anyone got any thoughts or can confirm?

Prob'ly needs an "unlock" in one of the CONFIG.TXT files. Here's a link to his thread as I haven't worked enough with UC to give you any more insight than above.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=525810

In case you're wondering why, I split Noonski's UC package into a few packages for these reasons:

- Already had a FDC Task Manager package
- Made it easier to slip in a new version of MortScript when required
- Made it easier to update XDA when required
- Folks could easily build additional XDA UC packages (ex: CustSat/SQM)

Cheers,

alcadeias

Dec 7, 2008
bucharest
@hilaireg
thank you for all the support you provide to this project, i really appreciate it. also i would have a small request, if possible of course. could you make a list or something where each package would have its origin specified (rhodium, topaz, diamond etc)?

Best regards,

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@alcadeias:

I did update the OPTION.XML files with a source when I knew where the package came from. All I can suggest is to download the LegacyKitchen & packs so as to obtain that information.

Cheers,

rockuman_ex

Jun 4, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
WMP Not Running

Is anyone else having trouble getting WMP to run at all? I see some are having problems with playing certain file types with WMP but I can not get it to run at all.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Is anyone else having trouble getting WMP to run at all? I see some are having problems with playing certain file types with WMP but I can not get it to run at all.

Other than the XMEMediaLibrary.mlb problem I noted a few posts back, no - WMP run without issue and plays back audio/video content. Post up some of the files (or send me a PM with a link to the files) you are having issues with so that I can test them on my end.

Cheers,

Last edited:

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Other than the XMEMediaLibrary.mlb problem I noted a few posts back, no - WMP run without issue and playsback audio/video content. Post up some of the files (or send me a PM with a link to the files) you are having issues with so that I can test them on my end.

Cheers,

Thanks Hilaireg,
I downloaded the SYS/ROM for PkgToolsBuildOS-5.3. All I did was extract the SYS and ROM folder into my kitchen and cooked away. When I ran WMP it said file could not be found or corrupt. I noticed some MediaOS folders where missing from the SYS folder so I just added them and now I get no message and WMP will not start. I will check to see if the XMEMediaLibrary.mlb does the trick.

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
hi,

i just flashed my phone again using your profile, and i still get the same error.
i can't stream any media from the net.

any help???

To confirm; you compiled a new ROM using the 6.1.21051 VisualKitchen that you set up as follows:

- Downloaded Visual Kitchen 6.1.21051
- Downloaded & Applied the 27062009 Fix Pack
- Downloaded & Applied Tools Update 1.3 or 1.6
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 1
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 2
- Downloaded & Applied Pack 3
- Downloaded 21051_Test_ERV_Profiles.zip I attached a few posts back
- Loaded the test profile and deselected Rogers RILPHONE
- Compiled a ROM

Assuming the above, I need exact details from you in order to help you solve the problem as I am not able to reproduce it here - i.e. it works as expected for me.

The last screen capture you posted pertained to Opera 9.5.b2392; I need you to test the following scenarios now and clearly document what you are doing so that I can try the same steps on my end.

Test 1: Windows Mobile Media Player

Which file types are not playing? If you have samples, send them to me so that I can test them.

Test 2: HTC Player (via TF3D)

Which file types are not playing? If you have samples, send them to me so that I can test them.

Test 3: RTSP Stream - Windows Media Player

Use the Open URL option in WMP and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

AUDIO: rtsp://inet.orban.com/3gp/cherish.3gp
VIDEO: <is there such a thing?>

Test 4: RTSP Stream - HTC Streaming Application

Use the HTCStreamMedia application and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

Test 5: RTSP Stream - Opera 9.5 b16702

Use Opera and try playing the stream below. Did it play when connected via ActiveSync? Did it play when connected using 3G? Did it play when connected via WiFi/Bluetooth/etc?

Last edited:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks Hilaireg,
I downloaded the SYS/ROM for PkgToolsBuildOS-5.3. All I did was extract the SYS and ROM folder into my kitchen and cooked away. When I ran WMP it said file could not be found or corrupt. I noticed some MediaOS folders where missing from the SYS folder so I just added them and now I get no message and WMP will not start. I will check to see if the XMEMediaLibrary.mlb does the trick.

Ahh ... the devil is in the details. :)

Windows Media Player and MS Voice Command are not in the SYS folder. I moved them to packages; here's a brief review that came up in this thread a number of posts back.

When I rebuilt the kitchen from scratch, I moved those applications to packages as folks had experienced issues with WMP and MSVC in 2104x+ builds and rolling back to previous versions would typically address the issue. As I wasn't 100% comfortable that the problems would not occur again, I wanted to give folks the ability to quickly roll-back to a previous version.

You will find WMP & MSVC in package form in the PkgToolsBuildOS-5.3 6.1.21051 kitchen. Previous versions are found in the various kitchen Packs.

HTH,

At0mAng

Oct 10, 2007
Gotham
Ahh ... the devil is in the details. :)

Windows Media Player and MS Voice Command are not in the SYS folder. I moved them to packages; here's a brief review that came up in this thread a number of posts back.

When I rebuilt the kitchen from scratch, I moved those applications to packages as folks had experienced issues with WMP and MSVC in 2104x+ builds and rolling back to previous versions would typically address the issue. As I wasn't 100% comfortable that the problems would not occur again, I wanted to give folks the ability to quickly roll-back to a previous version.

You will find WMP & MSVC in package form in the PkgToolsBuildOS-5.3 6.1.21051 kitchen. Previous versions are found in the various kitchen Packs.

HTH,

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have the original 21051 ROM or can you tell me where it came from?

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. Do you have the original 21051 ROM or can you tell me where it came from?

Unfortunately, my source has requested that I not disclose that information at this time.

In the interim, I have uploaded the WMP & MSVC packages to the Raphael OEM Repository for you; I have also updated the ROM SYSPACK posts. Other than those two applications and the NetCF consolidation (2.0 & 3.5), the Change Log captures all remaining changes.

HTH,

jmckeejr

Aug 11, 2008
Altoona, Pa
www.mckeeflooring.com
Hilaireg
I wanted the build log included in my 6.5 kitchen, so did as you told me in PM and took the kitchen-build-rom.bat from this kitchen. I had to add in the HTCRT part because my ROM is usually too big for nbhutil, and I also changed it so it would make RAPHIMG.nbh instead of RUU_Signed.nbh so it would save me a step. Anyway, the build process goes as it should and I get a build log, but in the end it says "ERROR Building ROM". The ROM is actually fine and I flash it and all is good. But my question is why would it say unsuccassful(ervius spelling ;) )? Is it because it is looking for ruu_signed.nbh? I changed it everywhere that said ruu_signed to RAPHIMG. Any ideas?It doesnt bother me too much, but would like it to say it was sucessful when it is so I dont flash a bad ROM. Guess I can just change the RAPHIMG part back, but not sure if this is the issue or if it is due to using htcrt.
Anybody got RunCC working? Do I really need to change security policies? I have security disabled for unsigned cabs and all that. Is this enough? I get RunnCC to run but it crashes on last cab and restarts in a loop. Also, little tip for anyone interesed. I was able to skip the screen alignment by adding these lines to an app.reg:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]
"Disable"=dword:ffffffff
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"MFGCalibrated"=dword:1
"CalibrationData"="499,505 806,178 800,830 188,833 187,177 "
I did a calibration and exported the info so it would be correct. Along with that you can add in some more parts and skip the clock settings and all(I forget offhand, but posted a package a while back in repository). Its pretty awesome if you rely on UC or another setup to restore. I can now flash and walk away while the device does everything itself :)

B4PJS

May 29, 2007
London
Hilaireg
I wanted the build log included in my 6.5 kitchen, so did as you told me in PM and took the kitchen-build-rom.bat from this kitchen. I had to add in the HTCRT part because my ROM is usually too big for nbhutil, and I also changed it so it would make RAPHIMG.nbh instead of RUU_Signed.nbh so it would save me a step. Anyway, the build process goes as it should and I get a build log, but in the end it says "ERROR Building ROM". The ROM is actually fine and I flash it and all is good. But my question is why would it say unsuccassful(ervius spelling ;) )? Is it because it is looking for ruu_signed.nbh? I changed it everywhere that said ruu_signed to RAPHIMG. Any ideas?It doesnt bother me too much, but would like it to say it was sucessful when it is so I dont flash a bad ROM. Guess I can just change the RAPHIMG part back, but not sure if this is the issue or if it is due to using htcrt.
Anybody got RunCC working? Do I really need to change security policies? I have security disabled for unsigned cabs and all that. Is this enough? I get RunnCC to run but it crashes on last cab and restarts in a loop. Also, little tip for anyone interesed. I was able to skip the screen alignment by adding these lines to an app.reg:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Welcome]
"Disable"=dword:ffffffff
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\TOUCH]
"MFGCalibrated"=dword:1
"CalibrationData"="499,505 806,178 800,830 188,833 187,177 "
I did a calibration and exported the info so it would be correct. Along with that you can add in some more parts and skip the clock settings and all(I forget offhand, but posted a package a while back in repository). Its pretty awesome if you rely on UC or another setup to restore. I can now flash and walk away while the device does everything itself :)
Just place a file called welcome.not on your SD card ;) (dunno if it works cooking it in :confused:

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
...the build process goes as it should and I get a build log, but in the end it says "ERROR Building ROM". The ROM is actually fine and I flash it and all is good. But my question is why would it say unsuccassful(ervius spelling )? Is it because it is looking for ruu_signed.nbh? I changed it everywhere that said ruu_signed to RAPHIMG. Any ideas?It doesnt bother me too much, but would like it to say it was sucessful when it is so I dont flash a bad ROM. Guess I can just change the RAPHIMG part back, but not sure if this is the issue or if it is due to using htcrt.

If you change it back to RUU_SIGNED.NBH and it works, I'd be inclined to suspect that the tool(s) may be "looking" for the presence of RUU_SIGNED.NBH to confirm/validate that it completed compilation. You could add an additional step in the BAT file post-compilation to rename the file instead of compiling to the RAPHIMG.NBH filename.

Anybody got RunCC working? Do I really need to change security policies? I have security disabled for unsigned cabs and all that. Is this enough? I get RunnCC to run but it crashes on last cab and restarts in a loop. Also, little tip for anyone interesed.

I recall reading in either the XDA_UC or SD AutoRun thread that not all versions of RunCC function as expected. You may need to add the RunCC executable to the Security registry key. For example:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\AppInstall\<APPLICATIONNAME>\ExecutableFiles]
"\\Windows\\<APPLICATION>.exe"=hex(0):

I was able to skip the screen alignment by adding these lines to an app.reg ... I did a calibration and exported the info so it would be correct. Along with that you can add in some more parts and skip the clock settings and all(I forget offhand, but posted a package a while back in repository). Its pretty awesome if you rely on UC or another setup to restore. I can now flash and walk away while the device does everything itself.

Exercise caution with this approach; not all devices will calibrate to the same values. AFAIK, Screen Alignment is an expected step.

Just place a file called welcome.not on your SD card .

Here's some reference links:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=The_XDA_UC_Service

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=269507

Cheers,

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I think i owed someone a few compressed Tachi Dialer graphics.

I dodn't get Tachi dialer working at all even with the regular graphics, so i have this come in handy for jmckeejr