[Rom][Port][6/1/2013] Samsation V6.0 [UPDATE]-Team S.W.a.R.M.

Search This thread

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
samsation
V5.0 JB 4.2.2

and then with color themes you can have.....

Your Only Requirements:
Have In Your Hands a DoubleShot and The Desire to Run a Silky Smooth and Flawless ROM. Everything just WORKS. Beautifully Themed & Tastefully Presented With 1080p Video at Your Disposal.
Special Thanks & Credits Go To:
Albinoman887
Elelinux​
And MOST of all to KernelDev101 For a FANTASTIC ROM and her Generosity to allow me to Share it With You ALL!​
Please go to her Original Thread HERE and thank her personally. This is a GREAT ROM she's shared with us!​
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:​
The Gapps Supplied With This ROM For Download Are Specially Modified and Are The ONLY Ones That Can be Flashed Without Causing Yourself a MULTITUDE of Problems.​

-Not Required in Version 6.0​

Addendum 1)​
I just updated the ROM download that has had the keyboard fix added to it as well as removing that troublesome JB keyboard I put in there. I'll leave the "Fix" there though in case there are some that haven't had a chance to grab it yet.​

Last edited:

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
For Justin Kase you wanted to check out the battery life...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-48-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-48-33.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 408
  • Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-20.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 415
  • Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-31.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 383
  • Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-25-14-22-53.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-27-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-27-24.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 378
  • Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-55.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 345
  • Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-36.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-23-21-26-23.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 354
Last edited:

bukethead32

Jul 4, 2010
oxnard
Flashed it last night and started playing with it this morning and WOW! Had the initial FC of touchwiz and it went away. ROM is fast, noticably faster. This will be my rom for the holiday weekend. If you get a chance dont hesitate to give this a go.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeekendsR2Short

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Everyone's going to really like this one. I'd recommend firing up kernel tuner and getting both processors running and she'll be as smooth as a baby's butt. You'll notice when you first start, the Touchwiz Launcher will FC a couple of times but then never again. There is also a weather app preinstalled on the home screen you'll need to delete & relaunch. (That's what's messing with Touchwiz I would assume.) The only other thing, and this is MY blasted fault, is the 4.2.2 JB Keyboard I put in. Would have been great but FC's all over the place when applied. Just use root cleaner to get rid of it. May have to reboot after that too. ALL VERY minor issues and quick little fixes.
Other than those....a VERY SOLID DD that's not given me a moments grief since installing it. :good: ;)

KernelDev101

Apr 9, 2013
Austin,Texas
Rom look's great i am very happy this has been ported to the doubleshot so more and more users get to use this great ROm i created. Without people to port this and make it usable on more devices it would be limited to who uses it. I just hope more and more developers see the potential in it and begin to port it to every device :) My new forum is here rom4u.cu.cc Please all users and developers pop over. This new forum was built by the users for the users. This new forum you can post ANYTHING you want. Whether it be paid apps you find on other websites other Rom's you ported we allow ANYTHING. We also are in need of moderators developers themers and more users to join. We use a points system and users can issue other users points for good things they have done once a user gets to 10,000 points they are issued with $10 automatically and your continue to get $10 for every 10,000 points you get. Please Pop over and open up new threads and help us grow and develop into a bigger community. Remember we are here for you and NONE of the moderators on my forum will act like F.B.I Agents and police officers and you will be treated with the respect you should be given. Thanks and we hope to see many of you over here. xxxx

Last edited:

butch87402

Feb 8, 2010
hartford
Awesome job to the dev nice port from weekends hah! Everything is great i freakimg love this samsung keyboard....no glitchy youtube (thank goodness) question though are there predictions on this keyboard like suggested spellings?

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
Everyone's going to really like this one. I'd recommend firing up kernel tuner and getting both processors running and she'll be as smooth as a baby's butt. You'll notice when you first start, the Touchwiz Launcher will FC a couple of times but then never again. There is also a weather app preinstalled on the home screen you'll need to delete & relaunch. (That's what's messing with Touchwiz I would assume.) The only other thing, and this is MY blasted fault, is the 4.2.2 JB Keyboard I put in. Would have been great but FC's all over the place when applied. Just use root cleaner to get rid of it. May have to reboot after that too. ALL VERY minor issues and quick little fixes.
Other than those....a VERY SOLID DD that's not given me a moments grief since installing it. :good: ;)
What is the "Soft Keyboard Fix"? Does that delete the 4.2.2 keyboard or replace it? Steps to flash, or just flash ROM, GAPPS, fix one after another then restart, or restart in between each one?

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
What is the "Soft Keyboard Fix"? Does that delete the 4.2.2 keyboard or replace it? Steps to flash, or just flash ROM, GAPPS, fix one after another then restart, or restart in between each one?
I was a bit foggy wasn't I? The keyboard fix is just to get it rotating properly and actually popping up when it should without going to inputs and turning off the hardware one. That JB keyboard I put in has worked for me before & It's great when it does but seems to have a personality problems with some ROMs....this being one of them. I included Root Cleaner and it will uninstall system apps in one click. Just use that to dump it.
The installation process I kinda take for granted. I ALWAYS flash the ROM and let it settle in. Then I go back for the Gapps & boot back up and do their intro & sign-ups. Then I go back & run any included patches that come with a ROM. Personally, I've never had any issues doing it that way.

Butch....I don't know about those spellings. I've not had a chance to use everything yet.

Reactions: bit1 and Fuzi0719

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
Awesome job to the dev nice port from weekends hah! Everything is great i freakimg love this samsung keyboard....no glitchy youtube (thank goodness) question though are there predictions on this keyboard like suggested spellings?

Yeah man. I finally had a chance to check it out and that thing is bad. Just tap that little symbol out to the right inside where you select it & turn on Predictive Text. There's about 6 other functions & keyboard setups to choose from too.

Reactions: bit1

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
I got a bug my Google voice search keeps fcing

I don't know bro. Just ran mine thru it's paces & can't reproduce that one. Installed Apex launcher, icon theme pack, switching back and forth between Tablet UI & Touchwiz and can get there in both. One of the Sweetest ROMs I've run in a LONG while.
Maybe a Dalvik flush and a set permissions in recovery?

butch87402

Feb 8, 2010
hartford
Idk I mean i uninstalled the jellybean keyboard does that mean anything

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
No that wouldn't do it. I had to myself because it was causing me issues too. I did reboot right afterwards though. Might try clearing dalvik & reflashing your Gapps if worse comes to worse.
That JB Keyboard is a stinker though. That's the last I try that thru a ROM. It's a GREAT keyboard but never seems to work right unless it comes directly from the Playstore. You should grab it from there sometimes & give it a whirl.

dizwikedcbr

May 3, 2013
just flash this rom, so far the rom is the running very smooth and fast. going to test out the rom in more depth within the weekend.

Last edited:

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
You're going to like it! Seems solid as a danged rock. The developer did a wonderful job with it.

And WELCOME ABOARD!!
So far it is running very smoothly. I have all my apps installed, have everything all set up the way I like. Only problems I have had have been onscreen keyboards. The Xperia keyboard wouldn't work at all, just FC. Neither the Samsung keyboard nor the AOSP keyboard will do trace (like Swype), they only work touching each key. The AOSP keyboard will show the trace, but just not enter anything in the field unless I touch each key separately. I wish I could get the trace to work on something as I'm so used to Swype, but I have been reluctant to install Swype unless I just have to do so.

I've set Kernel Tuner up with both cores running 1296/192 and Badass governor, NOOP I/O and 2048 SD cache. So far so good, won't know any battery stats for a couple of days, I think.

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
I checked mine & it's doing the same as yours Fuzi, so I just went ahead & used Root Cleaner & uninstalled Xperia & Xperia Chinese. I thought that might clear up the issue but afraid not. If I were you I'd go ahead & install Swype on top of it and see if it will activate. Of course if you're where you can just talk, tap the microphone & just dictate into it. It's cool as CRAP for texting, notepad, Playstore...all that stuff. I understand how it is to miss a function you've grown to love though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    samsation
    V5.0 JB 4.2.2

and then with color themes you can have.....

Your Only Requirements:
    Have In Your Hands a DoubleShot and The Desire to Run a Silky Smooth and Flawless ROM. Everything just WORKS. Beautifully Themed & Tastefully Presented With 1080p Video at Your Disposal.
    Special Thanks & Credits Go To:
    Albinoman887
    Elelinux​
    And MOST of all to KernelDev101 For a FANTASTIC ROM and her Generosity to allow me to Share it With You ALL!​
    Please go to her Original Thread HERE and thank her personally. This is a GREAT ROM she's shared with us!​
    SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:​
    The Gapps Supplied With This ROM For Download Are Specially Modified and Are The ONLY Ones That Can be Flashed Without Causing Yourself a MULTITUDE of Problems.​

-Not Required in Version 6.0​

Addendum 1)​
    I just updated the ROM download that has had the keyboard fix added to it as well as removing that troublesome JB keyboard I put in there. I'll leave the "Fix" there though in case there are some that haven't had a chance to grab it yet.​
    Rom look's great i am very happy this has been ported to the doubleshot so more and more users get to use this great ROm i created. Without people to port this and make it usable on more devices it would be limited to who uses it. I just hope more and more developers see the potential in it and begin to port it to every device :) My new forum is here rom4u.cu.cc Please all users and developers pop over. This new forum was built by the users for the users. This new forum you can post ANYTHING you want. Whether it be paid apps you find on other websites other Rom's you ported we allow ANYTHING. We also are in need of moderators developers themers and more users to join. We use a points system and users can issue other users points for good things they have done once a user gets to 10,000 points they are issued with $10 automatically and your continue to get $10 for every 10,000 points you get. Please Pop over and open up new threads and help us grow and develop into a bigger community. Remember we are here for you and NONE of the moderators on my forum will act like F.B.I Agents and police officers and you will be treated with the respect you should be given. Thanks and we hope to see many of you over here. xxxx
    I was a bit foggy wasn't I? The keyboard fix is just to get it rotating properly and actually popping up when it should without going to inputs and turning off the hardware one. That JB keyboard I put in has worked for me before & It's great when it does but seems to have a personality problems with some ROMs....this being one of them. I included Root Cleaner and it will uninstall system apps in one click. Just use that to dump it.
    The installation process I kinda take for granted. I ALWAYS flash the ROM and let it settle in. Then I go back for the Gapps & boot back up and do their intro & sign-ups. Then I go back & run any included patches that come with a ROM. Personally, I've never had any issues doing it that way.

Butch....I don't know about those spellings. I've not had a chance to use everything yet.
    ROM has been updated to Version 6.0 & posted up in the OP. ENJOY!