Exploid One Click .apk Root (Latest v.1.08 30 Aug. 2010)

Search This thread

Adolf1994

Jun 2, 2010
Fertőrákos
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su <- who I have to set the read for?
chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk <- so this don't have to be executable?

BTW, do you know a backup method for the WHOLE system what could be restored from PC?

Last edited:

zephyrix

Apr 18, 2010
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su <- who I have to set the read for?
chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk <- so this don't have to be executable?

BTW, do you know a backup method for the WHOLE system what could be restored from PC?

Lol. The 4 is not for read. Rather, it is the setuid bit.
Also, it doesn't have to be executable. APKs are just zips. You can't execute zip archives anyway.

Grospolina

Jun 6, 2010
Winnipeg
Exploid root packages

Okay, I've made up two packages for this exploit: one for X10a and X10i. This is a full flash, which means it's not an update and that it can be done no matter what firmware version you have (rooted or unrooted). It also means that it will erase all apps and contacts (just like a factory reset).

All I did was decrypt the Generic R2BA026 X10a firmware and write a nice script.

This is where everything else came from:
- (C) skills (for exploid root)
- Do Shaska! (for exploid root instructions)
- jerpelea, Bin4ry and biktor_gj (for X10Flash, X10i firmware and other help)
- xeviro (for SIN reconstructor guide)
- MarylandCookie (for X10i Market fix)
- leobg (for testing)
- Everyone else at xda-developers forum (for general help)
- uliwooly (for Generic X10a firmware)

Big thanks to all!

Answers to questions you may have:
- It WILL delete your apps and contacts. Please back up.
- It WILL NOT delete anything on your SD card (photos, videos, etc.).
- You NEED your Device ID. It goes in 1_firmware/DeviceID.txt.
- You NEED to have PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service installed (for flash and adb drivers).
- You NEED to have 32-bit Java installed, even if you're running 64-bit Windows.
- Basically, if you did the original flash, then you're almost set to go. Just copy the DeviceID.txt to 1_firmware/
- Both versions use Generic firmware (no branding) and come with a Market fix.
- It only roots it. No ADW.Launcher, HTC IME, Spare Parts, etc. is installed.
- It does NOT remove any apps (Moxier, Timescape, etc.). Use Titanium Backup to remove apps.
- The script is very verbose, so it should be easier to track down problems.
- There are 3 steps:
+ After step 1, you will have unrooted Generic R2BA026.
+ After step 2, it will be rooted.
+ After step 3, the Market fix is installed.

WARNING: Please back up! Do this at your own risk!

Exploid Root for X10a (contains Generic R2BA026 X10a)
R2BA026_exploid_X10a.rar (Megaupload)
R2BA026_exploid_X10a_v2.rar (Megaupload)

Exploid Root for X10i (contains Generic R2BA026 X10i)
R2BA026_exploid_X10i.rar (Megaupload)
R2BA026_exploid_X10i_v2.rar (Megaupload)

Standalone Market fix for X10a R2BA026 (included in Exploid Root for X10a v2)
Market-Fix_R2BA026_X10a.rar (Megaupload)

Standalone Market fix for X10i R2BA026 (included in Exploid Root for X10i v2)
Market-Fix_R2BA026_X10i.rar (Megaupload)

Standalone Toggle Secure Shell script (included in Exploid Root for X10a/X10i v2)
ToggleSecureShell_X10.rar (Megaupload)

Changelog:
v1 - First release.
v2 - Added Toggle_secure_shell.cmd script
- Update Market fix for X10i (minor tweak)
- Fixed reboot at the end
- NOTE: No need to re-apply if you already rooted with v1.

Advanced tip (optional):
Step 3 is the Market fix. Basically, it changes your fingerprint to look like an older firmware (R2BA020 for X10a, R2BA016 for X10i). However, if the Market approves R2BA026, then it won't be needed anymore. I suggest testing the Market before running Step 3. Look for apps like Tapatalk paid version.

Advanced tip:
The script turns off the setuid bit for sh at the end of Step 3. This prevents you from running adb .cmd scripts like cleanup.cmd. You can edit the script to remove this command, or follow my post above to re-enable it if you want to be able to run these scripts. Or you can just run them before running Step 3.

Root ONLY:
If you don't want to lose your apps and contacts, and you don't need to upgrade, then you can just run Step 2 to root it. Then you don't need Java or your Device ID either. It's similar to mikrokiwi's script above. However, only run the Market fix if you have R2BA026.

Last edited:

beerhugger

Aug 4, 2010
first post. First a big thanks to everyone who adds to this forum, now to my question.

I have rooted my Orange UK X10i using the x10mini way and all is fine my build number is at R2BA020, what part do i need to follow now to update to the latest build.

Thanks in advance.

karthigan

Jul 12, 2010
x10a R2BA023 rooted ==> R2BA024 rooted

Hey Grospolina

Thanks for posting the instructions above.

Just some questions and clarification before I do this tonight:

(1) I currently have a x10a rooted with R2BA023, along with the market fix, will this be any difference aside for the R2BA026?

(2) I have syn'd my contacts with built-in google sync / gmail, I can restore my contacts by re-sync after I follow your procedures? Or should I back-up the contacts to the SD Card using the contacts back-up function?

(3) You mentioned it does not uninstall of any unnecessary applications (e.g. Moxier, etc.). I want to use the cleanup.cmd batch file to remove certain applications, but you said step #3 disables it, how do I reenable it exactly?

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Hey Grospolina

Thanks for posting the instructions above.

Just some questions and clarification before I do this tonight:

(1) I currently have a x10a rooted with R2BA023, along with the market fix, will this be any difference aside for the R2BA026?

(2) I have syn'd my contacts with built-in google sync / gmail, I can restore my contacts by re-sync after I follow your procedures? Or should I back-up the contacts to the SD Card using the contacts back-up function?

(3) You mentioned it does not uninstall of any unnecessary applications (e.g. Moxier, etc.). I want to use the cleanup.cmd batch file to remove certain applications, but you said step #3 disables it, how do I reenable it exactly?

as for 1) you got it right -difference is firmware version only. 2) extra backup method is always good. Google sync is good enough anyways. 3) you need to remove the line that has permission setting for sh command near the bottom of the RootXa_v1.cmd file. It looks like this:
adb shell chmod 0755 /system/bin/sh
either comment it (rem) or remove it completely and you will retain the right to run privileged commands using adb without requesting root first (su).

You can always alter the permissions to secure/unsecure state by setting suid bit (sticky bit) on the sh command - "chmod 4755 /system/bin/sh" to switch to unsecure and "chmod 0755 /system/bin/sh" to switch to secure mode. For that you will need terminal app installed on the phone (or adb shell), you must request root (su) first, then you must mount /system directory in rw mode before you can set permissions for sh (mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock2 /system
).

karthigan

Jul 12, 2010
Thanks..

Thanks for my answering my 3 questions.

Since I won't have the HTC Touch (HTC IME) keyboard, will the procedure have the original SE keyboard?

I just have to download the HTC IME latest version to my SD Card, and run it thru a file manager program, right? To Install it?

What regions are installed? Thus, I only want U.S. English Keyboard, no need for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. keyboard layouts.

Grospolina

Jun 6, 2010
Winnipeg
Thanks for my answering my 3 questions.

Since I won't have the HTC Touch (HTC IME) keyboard, will the procedure have the original SE keyboard?

I just have to download the HTC IME latest version to my SD Card, and run it thru a file manager program, right? To Install it?

What regions are installed? Thus, I only want U.S. English Keyboard, no need for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc. keyboard layouts.

Thank you leobg for helping out.

Yes, you'll have the original SE keyboard. For HTC IME, you can do that, or you can use adb. The command is:

adb install jonasl.ime.apk
adb install com.htc.clicker.apk

You can add the path and use "adb install" on any APK. For instance:

adb install C:\Root\step3\app\SetCPU.apk

As long as you set the setuid bit with "chmod 4755 /system/bin/sh", you can run cleanup.cmd from the original root package.

Google sync is okay for backing up contacts, but since your phone is already rooted, you can back up contacts, SMS, apps (including Market links!) and system settings if you download Titanium Backup from the Market. I thought the UI was a little intimidating at first, but it's not bad at all. Just press the Menu button, go to "Batch" and click "Backup all user apps + system data". Then just select what you want to keep. I basically uncheck all the red ones.

You can also uninstall system apps using Titanium Backup.

Last edited:

quangnhut123

Nov 29, 2009
I /> Preparation:
First you load the re-compile exploid be here on your computer and unzip:
up.4share.vn/f/2a1b1f1b1e1e1a/X10_mini_root_hacked.zip.file
And the driver for X10Mini/Mini Pro at:
sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/pccompanion/xperiax10mini?cc=gb&lc=en
II /> Implementation:
- Install Sony Ericsson PC Companion.
- Select USB mode when connected to your computer is Charge only to deny the computer to read data from memory card when connected by USB
- Enable debugging USB device by going to Settings> Applications> Development and then connect your phone to your computer by USB.
- Add Power Control widgets in the widgets used in the device by going to Menu> Edit widgets> Add power control, to quickly enable or disable the wifi phone. (This step is to do or hok optional but recommended for quick and convenient way while hack)
- Copy the directory unpacked from exploid_x10mini was preparing to step on drive C: \ computer.
- On the Run> type cmd> Enter> to continue in the environment to the command line, type the following commands (each line is a command)

cd c:\exploid_x10mini

adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push exploid /sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid
adb push busybox /sqlite_stmt_journals/busybox
adb shell
cd sqlite_stmt_journals
chmod 755 exploid
chmod 755 busybox
Right after typing the following command, you need to disable and enable wi-fi using the Power Control add widgets to this question was on the phone. Here is the need to type the next command:
After you type in to disable wifi command:
It will ask you to fill in password rootnow
If successful login from this step you have full root access right at this prompt will change to the #. Unfinished work we need to make a few more steps to decentralize the system again. Next type the following commands:
./busybox cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/
./busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/
./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
exit
exit
To check everything you did do the following:
- Type abd shell cmd command line on right side window has action h
- Type the command su, Superuser.apk at this file will run on the phone and asks whether to allow root access or not. If so then you have successfully hacked the phone 100% X10 Sony Mini / Mini Pro then that.

Wish you success! TUT made by quangnhut123

TUT have some reference materials on foreign linux and android!

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Grospolina, your script is almost perfect. Just tried it on my X10a. The only thing that did not work was the reboot at the end due to permissions, but that's because sh permissions are already changed to secure mode when you attempt reboot (that's after market fix). I would recommend you instead of struggle with the issue, instruct people to manually reboot the phone at this point.

Script is well done. Very fast and easy root! I would recommend it to anyone.

Grospolina

Jun 6, 2010
Winnipeg
Grospolina, your script is almost perfect. Just tried it on my X10a. The only thing that did not work was the reboot at the end due to permissions, but that's because sh permissions are already changed to secure mode when you attempt reboot (that's after market fix). I would recommend you instead of struggle with the issue, instruct people to manually reboot the phone at this point.

Script is well done. Very fast and easy root! I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for trying it out and reporting back! I really appreciate it.

I won't reboot after removing setui? I never would've guessed that. I have some changes planned - I just need to find some time. For now I'll update my previous post.

beerhugger

Aug 4, 2010
trying to flash to R2BA026 i have windows 7 64bit and have folled the java fix but keep getting this pop up and cant seem to find out why. can someone help please.

Press any key to continue . . .
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Press any key to continue . . .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Version 1.0.3

Changelog:
    - removed the debug option
    - disabled rotation

Ciao Angelo