[MOVED] SuperR's Kitchen (See first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
If you want to build a flashable boot.img, you should build boot flashable. If you want to build a full rom, you should build a full rom. If you want to build a flashable zip with deodexed files you should choose build custom and choose the option you want.

I took the first option (build full rom zip) after deodexing.
Is it good enough or do I still need to select specific custom zip to build?

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
I took the first option (build full rom zip) after deodexing.
Is it good enough or do I still need to select specific custom zip to build?

It depends on what you want to end up with. If you only want the full rom zip then full rom is good. If you want more zips with different contents, make more :)

Q9Nap

Feb 13, 2009
So with my Moto X files I have successfully unpacked, deodexed, done some minor mods and its repacked system_new.img and its the same size as original system/img so looks promising.

I'm guessing now I "created rom zip" and thats when system.new.dat is created?

How did you unpack the moto x system image with this kitchen?
I just tested the moto x vzw 5.1 system image with no luck.
Many moto firmwares use an encrypted sparse format (MOTO.W›.MOT_PIV256).
I am able to use imgextractor (windows) to dump the image and list of symlinks, as well as get image info, but I haven't found any linux utilities that can handle this format.

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
At one point I got to plug-in my device - so far, so clear, but what if I make a rom for a device I don't have :confused: ;)

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
At one point I got to plug-in my device - so far, so clear, but what if I make a rom for a device I don't have :confused: ;)
You only need to plug in your device if you are ripping the img's from it. Normally you can get the by-name info from a boot.img. If the device does not use by-name you will need to create an mmc file and still don't need to plug in the device.

Last edited:

ferbulous

May 12, 2012
Are you on the newest kitchen? I ask because it now checks to make sure you have all the other dependencies met. If you are running the newest kitchen and you are on 32-bit Ubuntu, I have no idea what is going on. Are there any errors in the terminal if you scroll up after building the zip?

I changed to 64 bit ubuntu and I'm able to install lib32.
Now I can generate he zip file without any issues. Looks like I'm definitely ditching the 32bit system now.

Reactions: bcrichster

bcrichster

Jun 6, 2013
Been considering that, myself. BUT.. I deodexed ur ROM with a 32 bit Linux Mint system.. 64 bit processor tho, you?

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

stamilselvan

Sep 30, 2014
Try it and let us know. If you have trouble, post links to all the img files so I can have a look.

I am trying to create a custom rom for “Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0”. I just need a flashable rom from the stock system.img and boot.img.
I am using “dell Inspiron 15r n5010” model computer with 4gb ram and 500 gb harddisk, dual booting windows 7 with linux mint rafaela.
Version of super kitchen is 0.9.0.4. version of android 4.3 (emui 1.6)
I extracted system, boot, recovery from device using the super kitchen by options 1 and 4.
After the extraction i checked out the options and at some point kitchen wanted me to choose from set_meta or set_perm, i chose set_meta but it said that my kernel doesnt support the set_meta type and chose set_perm by default.
Using the kitchen, I debloated the firmware.
Then built the fullrom zip.
I tried to flash using TWRP recovery, but it doesnot allow me and said , “This rom is for 'msm8610' devices, This is a 'mediapadt1'”. I thought to delete that line from updater script. But didnot delete because, that may need some changes in other files too.
I think that buildprop product name is differing from recovery product name.
I have attached files i was using,, I am new to linux and also android rom building..
Help me..

Last edited by a moderator:

bcrichster

Jun 6, 2013
Update to latest version and try again..? I'm running same dualboot system you are (diff PC) :cool: He's made many changes since earlier this week to encompass more devices

Sent from my N9510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: stamilselvan

SuperR.

Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2014
Invisible
Moto E 2015
LG Nexus 5X
I am trying to create a custom rom for “Huawei Mediapad T1 8.0”. I just need a flashable rom from the stock system.img and boot.img.
I am using “dell Inspiron 15r n5010” model computer with 4gb ram and 500 gb harddisk, dual booting windows 7 with linux mint rafaela.
Version of super kitchen is 0.9.0.4. version of android 4.3 (emui 1.6)
I extracted system, boot, recovery from device using the super kitchen by options 1 and 4.
After the extraction i checked out the options and at some point kitchen wanted me to choose from set_meta or set_perm, i chose set_meta but it said that my kernel doesnt support the set_meta type and chose set_perm by default.
Using the kitchen, I debloated the firmware.
Then built the fullrom zip.
I tried to flash using TWRP recovery, but it doesnot allow me and said , “This rom is for 'msm8610' devices, This is a 'mediapadt1'”. I thought to delete that line from updater script. But didnot delete because, that may need some changes in other files too.
I think that buildprop product name is differing from recovery product name.
I have attached files i was using,, I am new to linux and also android rom building..
Help me..
Take a look at this post
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=63088636&postcount=234

Reactions: stamilselvan

mcqaissi

Oct 3, 2014
I try build for s3 i9300 with system.img boot.img and zip file
always I have

executing updater binary in zip

any help please
Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SuperR's Kitchen has moved to a dedicated subforum found at the link below.

This thread has moved to a dedicated forum here:

SuperR Kitchen
    v2.0.9.7 (Donate version)

Changes:
    • Fixed L deodex deleting all apps after deodexing.

v1.0.8.6 (Standard version)

Changes:
    • Fixed L deodex deleting all apps after deodexing.

edit: I am very sorry for all the issues I caused with the deodex rewrite. I must have been half asleep when I did it :eek: Hopefully all is good now :)
    v0.9.0.2

Changes:
    When entering Boot/Recovery Tools, recovery no longer takes precedence. You will be presented with a choice of which to work on if boot.img and recovery.img both exist in the project directory.
    Regarding MTK devices, I have never owned one so I am totally unfamiliar with special requirements they may need. I will add support for everything I can as issues come up :)