How to install stock firmware in Micromax Canvas Infinity (HS2) using QFIL tool

Search This thread

jaydev786

Jan 10, 2014
Ahmedabad
There are many tutorials online showing installation of stock firmware fro Canvas Infinity, but none of them are accurate and causes many errors on following them. So, I experimented and was successful at last. So, here is the tutorial to install stock firmware in Canvas Infinity.

Required Files:
1) QPST Flash tool - Download Link
2) Qualcomm Drivers - Download Link
3) ADB - View attachment ADB_INSTALL.zip
4) Canvas Infinity Stock Firmware - Download Link
  1. Micromax_HS2_SW_V5_HW_V1.0_08042017_QFIL.zip - Link 1
  2. Micromax_HS2_SW_V6_HW_V1.0_08292017_QFIL.zip - Link 1 - Link 2

Follow these steps:
1) Install QPST FLash tool from the link.
2) Install Qualcomm drivers.
3) Unzip the firmware and copy the firmware to "C:\Program Files\QPST\bin" folder.
4) Open the QFIL.exe in the same bin folder and run it as administrator.
5) Choose the flat build.
6) Then it will automatically choose all files from the firmware folder like below.
1.PNG
7) Now, enter your phone into EDL mode. There two methods to go into EDL (Emergency Download) mode.
  1. Don't turn off the phone. Enable USB Debugging. Connect the phone to the PC. Start cmd in the ADB folder and enter command "adb reboot edl". And the notification LED will start blinking.
  2. Turn off your phone. Press Volume UP and Volume Down button together. Hold them and connect the phone to PC using USB and immediately press power for 3 seconds. And the notification LED will start blinking.
8) If you see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM _ )" on the top then immediately press the download button. Don't press the download button unless it is "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
9) On finishing it will show a success message. Then disconnect your phone and reboot.

I hope this tutorial will be helpful.

If the following errors occur:
1) If USB not recognized and descriptor failed then try going to EDL mode using ADB.

Reactions: omisverma

omisverma

May 27, 2017
It's not working for me

I do this process many time , but it's not working always it shows something "sahara failed" ,
Can anybody give me a stock rom zip that could be installed from CWM /TWRP , or PREVIOUSLY BACKED UP ROM ...☹️☹️☹️☹️

omisverma

May 27, 2017
Can i install this zip file via TWRP

I'm newbie ,plz tell me,can i flash this zip file using TWRP recovery, or i hv to use kitchen-Android whatever to make a twrp flashable zip...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are many tutorials online showing installation of stock firmware fro Canvas Infinity, but none of them are accurate and causes many errors on following them. So, I experimented and was successful at last. So, here is the tutorial to install stock firmware in Canvas Infinity.

Required Files:
    1) QPST Flash tool - Download Link
    2) Qualcomm Drivers - Download Link
    3) ADB - View attachment ADB_INSTALL.zip
    4) Canvas Infinity Stock Firmware - Download Link
    1. Micromax_HS2_SW_V5_HW_V1.0_08042017_QFIL.zip - Link 1
    2. Micromax_HS2_SW_V6_HW_V1.0_08292017_QFIL.zip - Link 1 - Link 2

Follow these steps:
    1) Install QPST FLash tool from the link.
    2) Install Qualcomm drivers.
    3) Unzip the firmware and copy the firmware to "C:\Program Files\QPST\bin" folder.
    4) Open the QFIL.exe in the same bin folder and run it as administrator.
    5) Choose the flat build.
    6) Then it will automatically choose all files from the firmware folder like below.
    1.PNG
    7) Now, enter your phone into EDL mode. There two methods to go into EDL (Emergency Download) mode.
    1. Don't turn off the phone. Enable USB Debugging. Connect the phone to the PC. Start cmd in the ADB folder and enter command "adb reboot edl". And the notification LED will start blinking.
    2. Turn off your phone. Press Volume UP and Volume Down button together. Hold them and connect the phone to PC using USB and immediately press power for 3 seconds. And the notification LED will start blinking.
    8) If you see "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM _ )" on the top then immediately press the download button. Don't press the download button unless it is "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008".
    9) On finishing it will show a success message. Then disconnect your phone and reboot.

I hope this tutorial will be helpful.

If the following errors occur:
    1) If USB not recognized and descriptor failed then try going to EDL mode using ADB.