I got Google Voice working.

Search This thread

Elysian893

Jan 27, 2010
edit: Can probably ignore most of this and use this APK instead:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11955195&postcount=75

I've been bothered by Google Voice not working since I got my Xoom on launch day, but have been using the web portal... Until now.

I loaded up my Droid, backed up Google Voice+settings with Titanium Backup, restored it on my Xoom and it came up without doing the setup, since it already had my account settings installed. It force closed the first time but I noticed an error in the notification area... Error was asking for permission to use that email address as my Google Voice account, I accepted, re-launched Google Voice and success, full app, working as it would on the phone. Gives notifications and everything.

Enjoy!

edit: Attaching screenshots

GoogleVoice1.png

GoogleVoice2.png

Last edited:

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
I've been bothered by Google Voice not working since I got my Xoom on launch day, but have been using the web portal... Until now.

I loaded up my Droid, backed up Google Voice+settings with Titanium Backup, restored it on my Xoom and it came up without doing the setup, since it already had my account settings installed. It force closed the first time but I noticed an error in the notification area... Error was asking for permission to use that email address as my Google Voice account, I accepted, re-launched Google Voice and success, full app, working as it would on the phone. Gives notifications and everything.

Enjoy!

Have you rebooted yet? Every app I have tried to restore with tb has stopped working as soon as I rebooted the xoom.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

bwcorvus

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 15, 2010
I just rebooted, you've got other issues, works perfectly fine here.

Can you look in your data/data folder and see if you have a google voice folder that starts with a period and then a reg one...also what version of tb...not at home to try this yet.

Elysian893

Jan 27, 2010
Can you look in your data/data folder and see if you have a google voice folder that starts with a period and then a reg one...also what version of tb...not at home to try this yet.

Latest version of the free TB, whatever version that is...

There's no directory in there that starts with a .(at least, according to ls -a, I don't have Root Explorer on here, using terminal), there is a com.google.android.apps.googlevoice directory with all the subdirectories and such though.

arrtoodeetoo

Dec 31, 2010
I can't get busy box to install. I'm rooted, but it's saying my NAND is locked or it wasn't able to remount.

[edit] nevermind. I guess it didn't like that I was plugged into my computer and didn't have the debug mode on. Strange.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I modified the apk to get it to run for me. Seems fine to me, but I am a noob at this so it could also break everything. Shouldn't require root or anything. YMMV

edit: Fixed the attachment to use the proper version
    edit: Can probably ignore most of this and use this APK instead:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11955195&postcount=75

Enjoy!

edit: Attaching screenshots

GoogleVoice1.png

GoogleVoice2.png
    Here is 0.4.2.24 fixed
    This method seems to work pretty well. Log in to google voice and add your tablet's number which can be found in Settings>About Tablet>Status. It will try to verify from you browser, but just hang up. Then open google voice app on your xoom and go through the setup it won't even ask you for your xoom's number because it already knows it and you can move on to your inbox. After everything is setup, go back to your browser and delete the xoom number that isn't verified. Voila the app still works for text.
    Same issue. Anyone else? Any ideas?
    @justin0469 @bilago:

I had this problem trying to re-setup Google Voice on my G2 (with a non-US SIM) overseas (long story). My solution was to let it freeze on the voicemail setup, and then switch out of the app to Settings and Force Stop it. When I loaded GV after that, things looked to be fine (at least I was able to verify SMS was working, which was the point).