[ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] CyanogenMod 7 for Samsung Galaxy SL

Search This thread

d8nnii

Nov 28, 2009
Just had a brief test and the back facing camera had a little problem tho.

The screen is totally black and can't see a thing but front facing one is ok. If I take a snapshot the camera crashes.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Tapatalk

mjbri0613

Just had a brief test and the back facing camera had a little problem tho.

The screen is totally black and can't see a thing but front facing one is ok. If I take a snapshot the camera crashes.

Can you read the 1st post again sir??? Pls to all tester pls dont repeat such problem you encounter.. Youre just making this thread annoying to all the members who visits..

IF YOU ARE NOOb PLS READ THE FIRST POST!!!

We want a clean cm7 thread..

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium

Reactions: francesco9482

manishnraj

Jun 13, 2011
bhopal
i am expecting someone to port icecream sandwich on samsung galaxy SL
so if anyone is interested
lets do it

d8nnii

Nov 28, 2009
Can you read the 1st post again sir??? Pls to all tester pls dont repeat such problem you encounter.. Youre just making this thread annoying to all the members who visits..

IF YOU ARE NOOb PLS READ THE FIRST POST!!!

We want a clean cm7 thread..

Alright, apologies I missed that part. My bad..

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
I wouldn't say completely different.
But if i'm not able to get the camera on gingerbread working, i'll not work on ICS for this phone. Waste of time...

oh sad...! Just a last question Is Amit also working with u? Since he is working on this project from long time may be he can help u in a better way. Also in all samsung android devices is galaxy I9003 is the most unlucky device or are there some similar examples of devices exists which face unsuccessful camera porting in CM7...?

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
oh sad...! Just a last question Is Amit also working with u? Since he is working on this project from long time may be he can help u in a better way. Also in all samsung android devices is galaxy I9003 is the most unlucky device or are there some similar examples of devices exists which face unsuccessful camera porting in CM7...?

amit is on vacations.
i'm sure he'll help, but he's a beginner on cm.
if i look at the stuff he has done, it reminds me of my first attempts. ;-)

don't know if there are any devices out. there are not much developers on samsung phones. every phone we've done is running fine, but we never ported a low activity device like i9003.

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
amit is on vacations.
i'm sure he'll help, but he's a beginner on cm.
if i look at the stuff he has done, it reminds me of my first attempts. ;-)

don't know if there are any devices out. there are not much developers on samsung phones. every phone we've done is running fine, but we never ported a low activity device like i9003.

really samsung has messed with our phone. They have given strong hardware support but bad complex coding has messed everything. Amit has really great knowledge of kernal coding. He also tried alot differents stuffs related to kernal such as overclocking. But he always failed like skin in getting a stable overclock kernal. They are also frustrated because they never come to know what was missing or messed in kernal codes.
I am sure that if Amit give more time for developement to u then ur both effort's will do some magic.

codeworkx

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 20, 2010
Bad Neustadt
really samsung has messed with our phone. They have given strong hardware support but bad complex coding has messed everything. Amit has really great knowledge of kernal coding. He also tried alot differents stuffs related to kernal such as overclocking. But he always failed like skin in getting a stable overclock kernal. They are also frustrated because they never come to know what was missing or messed in kernal codes.
I am sure that if Amit give more time for developement to u then ur both effort's will do some magic.

overclocking.... kernel coding.... hmmkay
this is really important. -.-

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    01.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/YMBHHU8B9A
    - fixed preview on back camera
    - preview is still overlapping option buttons on camera app
    touchscreen is fully fixed now :D, now it's working on any surface
    i will release a full rom with the touchscreen fix by tomorrow

things to finish for a beta release of cm7:
    1- fix the liboverlay (overly is messed out).
    2- fix the camera preview (after taking a picture).
    3- fix the video capturing.
    4- fix the vibration.
    5- fix DSPmanager.
    Hello all,

Before saying any thing i just want to point for something that we are all here respect each others and we have one goal to get a stable working rom for this device.

I want to make somthing clear the drivers am using are opensourced by samsung using them is not against CM gude lines. Even the first 2 releases of this port that codeworkx released have the samsung drivers "kernel" and i used a newer version of these drivers that samsung has released. So am not developing any thing unoffical.

This is what open source is meant for why to develop somthing from zero if you have its source just use it and make it better.

I hope that every thing is clear now :)

When i was talking about $$$ i meant that guys whom developed the drivers they did tha because they ate getting payed to do that, am not looking for any $$$ or samsung to hire me am just doing that to help.

Thank you all.
    ToDo:
    - Camera Parameters (libcamera)
    - Zoom, Auto Focus, and probably much more (libcamera)
    - Crash while switching cameras (S5KA3DFX: Could not request GPIO 152, CE147: Could not request GPIO 152)
    - Video Recording (libcamera)
    - Overall Graphics Performance
    - Touch Sensitivity
    - DSP-Manager FCs (proprietary libaudio)

Download:
    05.11.2011: http://www.multiupload.com/SGI6Y6W5H9
    - overlay: fixed the overlapping issue, makes camera controls visible