[Q] Does Nexus 7 have vibrate?

Search This thread

UberMudkipz

Feb 19, 2012
Port Townsend, WA
I would Like to know this as well. I was expecting it to have haptic feedback, but its not a deal breaker if it doesn't. Still, I feel like every time I read up on this tablet, people discover its missing another feature. I understand its 200 bucks, but is a vibration mechanism that big and expensive to include?

Reactions: Censura_Umbra

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
I would Like to know this as well. I was expecting it to have haptic feedback, but its not a deal breaker if it doesn't. Still, I feel like every time I read up on this tablet, people discover its missing another feature. I understand its 200 bucks, but is a vibration mechanism that big and expensive to include?

I think that it would be more of a room issue than a cost issue. The vibrators are clunky.

Btw, free Thanks to you for the Pinkie pie

AZImmortal

Dec 22, 2010
Wow, no haptic feedback is surprising considering it's a common feature in games and google has been pushing it as a great gaming device.

Pawnty

Sep 30, 2010
Eh, haptic feedback isn't all that important to me. Even on my phone I don't feel the vibrate through my pocket. Don't use what use it is on a tablet.

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
Would still like that feature for gaming, typing, and of course the feel of those damn force closes coming.

Sent from my SGH-T959

Cel1084

Dec 7, 2009
Couldn't they use the speaker as a source of feedback? There are two speakers so theoretically one could vibrate at a low frequency and the other could make a click sound.

hoshi411

Oct 16, 2011
Nexus 7 is open. Sure . But it is nothing more than a glorified iTouch.
In fact, the iTouch has two cameras.

I am so angry that I bought the Nexus 7. I totally assumed this tablet that everyone was raving about had :

1) Haptic Touch / vibration
2) A rear facing camera.
3) NO MICROSD SLOT ?!?!?

In fact, the front facing camera is only lie 1.5mpx

I would have let it slide for a 5mpx front facing camera but 1.5mpx ?!?!?!?

I totally want to see this device eat dirt. I'm so angry I got totally ripped off.

1.5mpx?!?!?!? front facing only?!?!?!

again I repeat. NO MICROSD SLOT?!?!?!!? WHAT?!?!? This is a $99 device sold for $200
Rip off!!!

All that is going for it is quad core and 7inch. That's it!!!!

Not to mention all the screen issues people are having recently with the lcd screen coming unglued.

This is the biggest @#$% of @#$# ever. don't buy it!!! total waist of cash....

P1n3apqlExpr3ss

Aug 16, 2011
^ People use rear cameras on their tablets?

MicroSD slot, or lack of it has been explained by an Android engineer, it's to do with partitioning of applications and data and media. But I agree, more internal storage wouldn't have cost much at all

No haptic is a bit of a pain, personally hasn't bothered me if I've got touch sounds enabled

Oh, and go buy one of those endless fairly crap $99 tablets and come back to us crying... Tegra 3, the display and pure JB is worth way more than any of that a cheaper tablet might have

kangxi

Jun 10, 2010
Orlando
Well obviously you did NO research at all on it or you would have quickly known it didn't have those things. Go back to your iPod Touch (there's no such thing as an iTouch, I think you know very little about tech). You have no clue what Android is about. People are already figuring out ways around no SD slot or just using the cloud like Google intended. I have no issues with storage on my 16GB.

Typing is very easy without having haptic feedback. You want true feedback? Get a keyboard. Solved.

Me thinks you're an uber troll. Good day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

j_shelton1988

Jan 15, 2011

I am so angry that I bought the Nexus 7. I totally assumed this tablet that everyone was raving about had :

2) A rear facing camera.
3) NO MICROSD SLOT ?!?!?

I totally want to see this device eat dirt. I'm so angry I got totally ripped off.

again I repeat. NO MICROSD SLOT?!?!?!!? WHAT?!?!? This is a $99 device sold for $200
Rip off!!!

Not to mention all the screen issues people are having recently with the lcd screen coming unglued.

Omg! You mean you bought a device without researching it first and just assumed it had all the things you listed? Gtfo troll.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

spooke

Dec 1, 2009
Bedfordshire

2) A rear facing camera.
3) NO MICROSD SLOT ?!?!?

Rip off!!!

You do understand that megapixels is a load of **** :good:

It's a front camera, it does fine for what is made for - skype and other video call apps.

It doesn't need to be high resolution at all as it's going to be compressed anyway.

CharliesTheMan

I'm glad haptic feedback is gone personally but I do understand people who use it wishing it was in there.

You shouldn't have bought a nexus 7 in the first place. Hopefully you learned a valuable lesson, and in the future you will look at the specs before you purchase something instead of making up the features it has and then when something is missing its a total shocker.

I'm glad they offer one without a camera, because the low price point allows them to get jellybean into the hands of way more people and hopefully it's the start of a nice ecosystem. And second, maybe more importantly, if they had put a camera in it, it would just give the chronic whiners something else to focus on and complain about.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2) A rear facing camera.
    3) NO MICROSD SLOT ?!?!?

Rip off!!!

Your a fuking dumb ass, end of story.

Sent from my Nexus 7

2) A rear facing camera.
    3) NO MICROSD SLOT ?!?!?

Rip off!!!

hahaha :laugh: you've got more money than sense, as my old ma would say :victory:
    The vibrators are clunky.

Obligatory, "that's what she said."
    Laptop Magazine says nope.

"We were disappointed to learn that the tablet does not offer haptic feedback, so there's no way to emulate the tactile feed of a physical keyboard."

http://www.laptopmag.com/review/tablets/google-nexus-7.aspx