[Q] bluetooth phonebook sync problem

Search This thread

Yocto69

Dec 18, 2013
Augsburg
Hi all,

i got a problem with my bluetooth phonebook sync. My phone connects via blutooth to the car, but the phone book does not sync. The request for the transfer of the phone book does not appear at all.
I have this Problem with following ROMs:
Sony Stock 4.3 (14.2.A.0.290)
IHackers 2.1 (JellyBean 4.3)
SlimKat 4.4

However, no problems with these ROMs,
Sony Stock 4.2.2 (14.1.G.2.257)
FreeXperia CM11 (fxp / kali)

What can cause this and how can I solve this problem for the other roms?

Thank you

Sony xperia Z1 C6903
Opel UHP car kit

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
You can flash the "Baseband" only from 14.1.G.2.257 on 14.2.A.0.290 or Update to .136. If .136 will not solve this problem then flash Baseband here too from .257.

Reactions: nalab1

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
I have the same problems with 290 and 136.. Does this mean that I can flash the 136 generic BALL ftf and then just flash the baseband from 257? It won't screw the phone up will it?

Regards,

Alan

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
It won't screw the phone up will it?

I can't guarantee that but this was confirmed by users who did that to improve the signals on they phone. They flashed baseband from 4.2.2 FW .257 on 4.3 FW .290 and it worked. Flashing anything its a risk so be careful, BTW, if this will not work you can flash the baseband from 4.3 FW .136 back, in the same way. If I am not wrong, if so someone correct me please, the baseband contain all package of frequency for the phone to work properly.

nalab1

Oct 17, 2008
Dunstable
I can't guarantee that but this was confirmed by users who did that to improve the signals on they phone. They flashed baseband from 4.2.2 FW .257 on 4.3 FW .290 and it worked. Flashing anything its a risk so be careful, BTW, if this will not work you can flash the baseband from 4.3 FW .136 back, in the same way. If I am not wrong, if so someone correct me please, the baseband contain all package of frequency for the phone to work properly.

Hi eclyptos,

Thank you for your reply.. So, does the baseband contain all of the wireless stuff like wifi, bluetooth etc?

To get the sequence right I -

1) Completely flash .136 - reboot to check if ok
2) Flash the baseband ONLY from .257 - reboot to check if ok

If, the phone were to get stuck in say, a bootloop is there any way to completely power it off and then reflash?

Regards,

Alan

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Hi eclyptos,

Thank you for your reply.. So, does the baseband contain all of the wireless stuff like wifi, bluetooth etc?

It should. :)

To get the sequence right I -

1) Completely flash .136 - reboot to check if ok
2) Flash the baseband ONLY from .257 - reboot to check if ok

Yes.

If, the phone were to get stuck in say, a bootloop is there any way to completely power it off and then reflash?

Regards,

Alan

Of curse but it will not stuck.
@chunlianghere already did this HERE and will report leater. ;)

Yocto69

Dec 18, 2013
Augsburg
Are you saying that after flashing baseband from .257 on .136 you still have problems? Try downgrade the entire system and check if the problem persist. Sometime is not the phone but the other devices so really we can try looking forever.

Look in the op. I have tried several Firmwares and Roms.
If i downgrade to. 257 It works perfect!
The other Device is not the problem.
Thx

Last edited:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Is it maybe possible to take a blutooth.apk from .257 and use it on .290?

Is not that easy. Bluetooth is not an application which you can download or install. It's implemented in the system and baseband. The main reason for bad quality like WiFi, Mobile Signal or Bluetooth is the Radio which is the Baseband in Z1. On HTC for example to improve the reception for all of them I am able to flash just the Radio.

Yocto69

Dec 18, 2013
Augsburg
Is not that easy. Bluetooth is not an application which you can download or install. It's implemented in the system and baseband. The main reason for bad quality like WiFi, Mobile Signal or Bluetooth is the Radio which is the Baseband in Z1. On HTC for example to improve the reception for all of them I am able to flash just the Radio.

Ok, i have tried severall kernel.
ihackers advanced kernel, stock kernel and doomlords kernel. All on 4.3 roms. => No change.
What else could I try?

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Ok, i have tried severall kernel.
ihackers advanced kernel, stock kernel and doomlords kernel. All on 4.3 roms. => No change.
What else could I try?

I losing ideas, I don't want to say but at last it may be a hardware issue but not sure. I don't know if you want to do this but you should go back to Stock and Flash a Stock FTF to check if the problem persist even there, is it does it's the phone.

Top Liked Posts