[Q] need help!

Search This thread

JJSingh

Jun 6, 2014
Hello guys,i have strontium 64GB MicroSD,i want to use it on moto e,Motorala's forum confirmed that device can run larger cards than 32 GB but needs to be formatted!, but actually i don't want to format it in fat32 file system(due to it's 4gb restriction,and also i can't as it's 64GB using windows ) and due to licence restrictions exfat,ntfs support is not available in Android's kernel, So guys is their any other way to support such file systems?
I heard cyanogenmod's kernel supports exfat,ntfs..but it's not available on moto e...guys please help!

Last edited:

JJSingh

Jun 6, 2014
Well I did this and found it only mounts NTFS formatted sdcard at a particular location, system still didn't recognize it ,so no apps can be moved to SD....I custom kernel can fix it..... I hope to we'll get one... ?

Sent from XT1022(rooted)

JJSingh

Jun 6, 2014
#MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition

May be this software help u_ Search on Google_ for Download _:rolleyes:
Actually i mean that after formatting to ext4, Android doesn't read it as external SD.I have installed Minitool partition in my PC. [emoji6],All i need is custom kernel for stock rom with exfat or ntfs support...

Watchingtheweasels

Jan 26, 2017
I think you are confusing two issues here. First is the inability of the moto E to recognize exfat SD cards because Motorola didn't pay the license fee like other companies. For instance the first notification you get if you put a 200 GB SD card into a Blackberry DTEK 50/60 series phone is that MicrosfotExfatforBlackberry (which is the driver that allows the phone to recognize high capacity cards) is downloading and installing.

The second issue is moving applications to an SD card. That ability was severely restricted by Google with the advent of android 4.

Your best option to deal with the second issue is to go to settings-applications and move whichever apps allow you to move them on an individual basis.

Remember that as capable as the E is, it is still a budget phone and won't have the same features a flagship like the DTEK 60 or Pixel does.