UPDATED!!! [[RELEASE]] Tornado Windows Mobile 6 ALPHA

Search This thread

jm012a9749

May 30, 2006
Birmingham
www.modaco.com
WM6 for Tornado

ALPHA RELEASE!

The link is now BROKEN as I have had to take down the ALPHA version to make way for the test BETA that I've made available to a few people for preliminary testing.

Note: This is in no way a finished product, some stuff still might not work, but as far as Tornado ROM's go in terms of speed and reliability, it runs like sh!t off a shovel :D

But we take no responsibility for any catastrophies that might occur eg. you brick your phone, your dog dies, your girlfriend gets pregnant etc. etc.

This ROM was developed entirely in our free time between college and university, there's no need to pay us for that, but a donation would be nice. If you wish to do so, then please click HERE

To Do:
MMS
HTC Camera App
Remove remaining HTC debug apps

Changed:
Fixed WiFi problems
Fixed Audio problems
Fixed GPRS issues (IPL 2.00, SPL 2.00.0008 and Radio 4.1.13.28_02.61.01 included in the NBF to sort this out)
Custom splash screen
Voice Command in ROM
xT9 cab (must install BEFORE the lanugage pack)
xT9 Language pack with 14 different languages
HTC Task Manager cab
HTC Comm Manager cab (unfortunately, bluetooth settings don't work yet)
HTC Clear storage cab
SP5 and SP5m button fixes as cabs

I will embed these cabs at a later date, however atm, I don't have time so I've just dumped the i-mate SP5 ROM and cab'd up a few apps you all wanted.

Phil

Last edited:

jm012a9749

May 30, 2006
Birmingham
www.modaco.com
Flashing instructions are as follows:

NOTE: This will work on vista providing you have followed the Vista RUU guide HERE or HERE :)

For those getting the "Not Allow Operation" error in TeraTermPro, or, even worse, getting stuck in bootloader after flashing. You MUST superCID your device using the SPV-Sevices client! This step is NOT optional and could result in your phone becoming a brick if anything goes wrong

1. Make sure you device is SuperCID, you can check using the SPV Services client, if on reading the CID it displays 3131313131313131 in a long string of numbers then it IS CID unlocked, if not, the click the CID = 11111111 button and reset your device

2. Download the ROM linked in the first post

3. Download the attached TeraTermPro.zip

4. Disable USB connections in ActiveSync (right click the icon in the systray, then select connection settings and untick the USB connections box), turn off your device, hold camera ad plug the device into the USB port to enter bootloader mode.

5. Extract TeraTermPro.zip and run ttermpro.exe, then select Serial and then USB in the drop down box. Then type:
Code:
info 2

You will then probably get the following output:

Code:
info 2
GetDeviceInfo=0x00000002
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
+ SD Controller init
- SD Controller init
+StorageInit
CMD55 failed
HTCSSuperCID        ' HTCE
Cmd>

If you don't see HTCSSuperCID ' HTCE above the Cmd> prompt then your device isn't SuperCID. You must use the SPV Services Client to make your device SuperCID as instructed in step 1

6. Type
Code:
format BINFS

This will then output:
Code:
Cmd>format BINFS
Format BinFS partition.
Format is completed!!

Cmd>

7. Now type:
Code:
ResetDevice

You device will then reboot, display the splash screen for around 2 seconds before running into the bootloader again. This is normal.

8. Extract WM6TornadoALPHA.zip then run ROMUpdateUtility.exe in the RUU folder.

9. Wait while it flashes your device

10. Install the extras you want in the 'extra stuff' folder, I recommend you install comm manager, task manager and xT9 as these solve most of the WiFi and T9 icon issues people are expericencing

11. Done :D

Phil

Attachments

• TeraTermPro.zip
    205.2 KB · Views: 1,883
Last edited:

jm012a9749

May 30, 2006
Birmingham
www.modaco.com
Thanks go to:

duke_stix
Faria
c4software
tadzio
anichillus
molski
bepe

Speacial thanks to pyrorob and bogdi1988 for their contributions since release

And last but certainly by no means the least, our anonymous sources, who, without their trust, we would have never got anything to cook :D

Last edited:

jm012a9749

May 30, 2006
Birmingham
www.modaco.com
Sick of reading?

DOWNLOAD ALREADY!

The link is now BROKEN as I have had to take down the ALPHA version to make way for the test BETA that I've made available to a few people for preliminary testing.

So far, my site has had around 74GB of traffic just from that one file! :eek:

This ROM was developed entirely in our free time between college and university, there's no need to pay us for that, but a donation would be nice. If you wish to do so, then please click HERE

Phil

Last edited:

bogdi1988

Mar 16, 2007
Seattle, WA
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
vista help please...

i know u r very busy trying to release the alpha, but could you post any instructions for the people using Vista? how to flash and what do we need to be able to run WM6 with Vista

thanks again for all of the work

lixxus

Feb 15, 2007
was just testing out to see if i can connect via teratermpro.

and it seems i cant. ? :s

Shot at 2007-07-16

Shot at 2007-07-16

fixed the issue seems that tertermpro tools doesnt seem to connect or work for me.

so i used mytt 142.exe application

Turn off the phone and disconnect USB
Press Camera button and holding it insert USB connector (or holding Camera button press Power button for 1-2 seconds).
When "Need an UI (0)?" appears on the screen press [0] immediately. You will see tricolor screen, in the blue zone there will be "Typhoon IU" message, if you see "Typhoon XIP" you were late to press [0], start from beginning.
Run mtty1.42.exe from archive, choose [USB], press Enter and you will see a prompt.

Last edited:

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
Will this method work if I don't want to SuperCID as my warranty is not over yet?

"Here is how I got the rom to install without the devauth error.

1) use a hex editor on the rom file and search for the devauth.exe string e.g. 44 00 65 00 76 00 41 00

2) between the "devauth" and the "exe" you will see the hex "00 2e".

3) swap these bytes around so they are "2e 00" instead of "00 2e".

4) This will keep te same checksum but will not allow the devauth.exe to run. well it work in my case at least"

Hope it works

karhoe

Dec 5, 2006
The Rom Will Be Posted In The First Page When It Is Ready, Now They Are Just Packing The Rom, So Please Be Patient

costyg

Mar 18, 2007
i heard that super cid doesn't work with internet explorer 7, is that true?I set cid=111111111 and when i enter in spv_services again it shows me the old cid