[G800F][ROM][5.0.2][LRX22G] CyanogenMod 12.0 for G800F [Alpha 23/03/2015]

Search This thread

hennymcc

Dec 7, 2014
This is a CyanogenMod 12 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F).

DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H/M/... OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H or G800M here.

Working features
  • Receiving and making calls
  • Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
  • Audio
  • Bluetooth
  • Wifi
  • HW accelerated GUI
  • USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
  • Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
  • MTP storage
  • IR
  • GPS
  • NFC

Known-issues:
  • Capacitive lights are blinking in standby mode
  • Touchscreen unresponsive for some seconds after resume from standby mode

Non-working features:
  • Fingerprint scanner (no app for tests found)
  • Pulse sensor + Step counter (no app for tests found)
  • SELinux

Disclaimer:
  • You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
  • Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
  • The image is only for S5 Mini SM-G800F (Exynos)
  • It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
  • Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
Before you start:
  • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.

!!! Development of this ROM is discontinued in favor of the CM 5.1 ROM !!!
This means that known issues will not be fixed. It is not recommended to use this ROM anymore.
The downloads have been removed and fully replaced by the 5.1 version. You can find the new CM 5.1 ROM here

Download:

Install recovery:
  • Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
  • Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
  • Connect your device to your PC via USB
  • Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
  • Start Odin
  • In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
  • Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
  • Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
  • After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.

Before you flash:
  • You need the latest TWRP recovery [Updated 23/03/2015]. Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
    G800M/G800Y are not supported but are not blocked as the ROM might work on these (Exynos3470 based) devices. Only flash the ROM on a G800M/Y if you know what you do. Do not expect help if something went wrong.
  • Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM12.

Flash CM12:
  • Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
  • If you come from a stock rom, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
  • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CM12 zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
  • Install the CM12 rom zip-package
  • Install the GApps zip-package
  • Reboot the system and enjoy a Lollipop

How to root:
No SuperSu is needed as CM12 already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
  • Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
  • Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
  • Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.

In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
  • lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
  • Reboot your phone into Odin mode
  • Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
  • If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
  • In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
  • Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM12 is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
  • Reboot

Changelog
Code:
23-03-2015:
* Fixed non-working mic on incoming call issue
* Fixed non-working menu-button
* Synchronized with latest CM12 sources

This section is for developers:
A script to setup the build environment can be found here:
Code:
https://github.com/tobigun/kminilte-patcher

Sources:
Code:
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte
https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common

Thanks to Unjustified Dev from Team Regular. As the S5 mini (G800F) and the Galaxy Light are quite similar we worked on this together.

XDA:DevDB Information
[G800F][ROM][5.0.2][LRX22G] CyanogenMod 12.0 for G800F [Alpha 23/03/2015], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
hennymcc, Unjustified Dev
Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version from 2015-03-23]
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-03
Last Updated 2015-04-15

Attachments

• cm12-g800f.jpg
    cm12-g800f.jpg
    222.3 KB · Views: 7,449
  • cm12-g800f2.jpg
    cm12-g800f2.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 7,455
Last edited:

hennymcc

Dec 7, 2014
FAQ

Question:
I'm trying to flash this rom but it says to me: "This package is for kmniltexx, kminiltedv, kminilteub; this device is kminilte. E:Error executing updater binary zip ...."
Answer:
The device names were changed with the newest CM12 build to be able to distinguish between G800F (kmniltexx), G800Y (kminiltedv) and G800M (kminilteub) as all of them are kminilte devices. The new builds of TWRP and CM12 detect the correct device at runtime.
Older TWRP releases (for example that of RVR in another XDA thread) still detect the device as kminilte (instead of kmniltexx,...) and hence are not able to install the new CM 12 releases so please do not install RVR's TWRP if you want to install CM 12. Always use the TWRP image linked in the first post of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: wogooo and svsomere

stiffmeister75

Nov 4, 2010
Do you know a workaroud?
btw. can you provide a patch with a fix?
or is it necessary to build a new rom?

stiff

wabre

Aug 8, 2007
sorry my noob question: is this ROM going to be listed in the CM12 nightlies or how will it work? is it an unofficial one yet or... thanks

Reactions: taqla

hennymcc

Dec 7, 2014
Do you know a workaroud?
btw. can you provide a patch with a fix?
or is it necessary to build a new rom?

stiff

There is some work on this at the moment but no fix yet. Seems as if the audio implementation has to be adjusted a bit. I don't know how much work there is left. As this is a spare time project, this might take some time.

When it works there will be a new ROM for download.

basic086

Sep 17, 2014
Gold Coast
Hey there, been using the rom for a couple hours and I must say, you've done a great job ! The interface is faster than stock touchwiz, and everything runs really smoothly ! I've only encountered two small issues (apart from the incoming call muted mic) :

-when waking up the device, the lockscreen seems to freeze itself (touch doesnt respond), so to fix it, you have to press power button and wake it up again (happened sometimes)

-noticed something strange: while the phone is asleep, the capacitative buttons would blink (they turn on for like 1sec and then turn itself off like a notification light). I'm pretty sure you'll be able to fix it, as it might be kernel related.

-(edit) and I've just realised that the left menu capacitive button doesn't work (but you probably already know this)

other than that, this rom is flawless for an Alpha ! Great job buddy :D

I was able to score 23 000 pts on Antutu vs 20 000 pts with stock 4.4.2 lol

Last edited:

passie99

Mar 22, 2014
I have found an issue with the capacitive buttons on the bottom. I was not able to deactivate the lightning and some other settings does not work aswell..

But all in all great alpha, I really enjoyed it ?

Sent from my SM-T530 using XDA Free mobile app

wogooo

Aug 8, 2012
Tilburg
Omg! For my phone!

How cool! I will wait for beta i think...but keep up the good work, i will use it someday :D

And ill try to help to get ppl to know this thread :)

DerMoeJoe

Feb 25, 2010
Xiaomi Mi A3
Samsung Galaxy Tab A8
i can confirm, that somethimes the capacitive buttons doent work/react.
and the bigger problem is that the micro doent work. (worst problem for me)
and one more problem... the sound on my alarm somethimes got some glitches/sound stops too.

i'll backup the new CM12 and than restore my old backup back... until these errors are fixed.

but, most important, very good work! respect. can i give you a donation ?

lotherk

Mar 4, 2015
Hi,
great work!
I also can confirm that the mic for incoming calls does not work and it also doesn't work for either incoming or outgoing calls when using a headset. Haven't used a bluetooth headset yet but will test it later that day.
Many thanks so far for this built and I hope the mic bugs won't be a big deal. :)

Cheers,
lotherk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a CyanogenMod 12 ROM for the Exynos3470 based Samsung Galaxy S5 mini (G800F).

DO NOT USE IT FOR G800H/M/... OR YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    Although G800F and G800H share the same name they are not related in terms of hardware due to the different SoCs used (Exynos vs. Snapdragon).
    Hence please do not ask for support or ROMs for the G800H or G800M here.

Working features
    • Receiving and making calls
    • Hardware sensors (Light, Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration)
    • Audio
    • Bluetooth
    • Wifi
    • HW accelerated GUI
    • USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio, Mass-Storage)
    • Camera (pictures+video: Back+Front)
    • MTP storage
    • IR
    • GPS
    • NFC

Known-issues:
    • Capacitive lights are blinking in standby mode
    • Touchscreen unresponsive for some seconds after resume from standby mode

Non-working features:
    • Fingerprint scanner (no app for tests found)
    • Pulse sensor + Step counter (no app for tests found)
    • SELinux

Disclaimer:
    • You flash this image at your own responsibility. I am not responsible for any damage that might be caused by flashing this image (bricked device, lost data, ...)
    • Flashing this kernel image will trigger the KNOX counter, so your warranty will be void.
    • The image is only for S5 Mini SM-G800F (Exynos)
    • It might be instable, crash your device, drain your battery, or even might damage your smartphone (e.g. if an USB-OTG device drains too much power)
    • Backup your data before flashing and check if the original firmware is present (e.g. at SamMobile)
    Before you start:
    • Backup your data, like call history, contacts, sms, WhatsApp messages, favourite app settings that are on internal and external sd (by using Titanium Backup or other apps available on PlayStore). At least all internal data will be lost in any case. If you have bad luck you might also loose data from your external sd card.

!!! Development of this ROM is discontinued in favor of the CM 5.1 ROM !!!
    This means that known issues will not be fixed. It is not recommended to use this ROM anymore.
    The downloads have been removed and fully replaced by the 5.1 version. You can find the new CM 5.1 ROM here

Download:

Install recovery:
    • Reboot your device into Odin mode: turn off your device, then press Volume-Down + Home + Power button at the same time and release them.
    • Confirm the following warning message with the Volume-Up button.
    • Connect your device to your PC via USB
    • Make sure the device driver's are installed on your PC
    • Start Odin
    • In Odin select PDA and select the recovery image (recovery.tar.md5)
    • Check that only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is set
    • Click on "Start": the kernel image should be flashed now and the device should reboot afterwards. By flashing the recovery, your warranty will be void.
    • After the recovery flashing process was successful, power of your device. If not restart into Download mode and flash again or flash the stock rom.

Before you flash:
    • You need the latest TWRP recovery [Updated 23/03/2015]. Otherwise TWRP might not be able to flash the ROM. This is because TWRP checks now if the device is "supported".
      G800M/G800Y are not supported but are not blocked as the ROM might work on these (Exynos3470 based) devices. Only flash the ROM on a G800M/Y if you know what you do. Do not expect help if something went wrong.
    • Wipe the device to avoid problems with remaining files from the old installation (see instructions below). This also applies if you already installed an older version of CM12.

Flash CM12:
    • Reboot into recovery mode (Press Volume-Up + Home + Power button)
    • If you come from a stock rom, this is your opportunity to make a Backup of your phone(Backup, then select Boot, System, Data, then swipe to backup). Note that the recovery might fail to restore the backup when you want to go back to the stock ROM (for me it got stuck after a restore during boot. But the backup was made with a different version of TWRP, so it might work in general) - simply do not expect too much of it at the moment.
    • If you haven't copied the installation files yet, you can now copy the GApps and CM12 zip to your internal sd or external sd (be careful not to put the files into the data directory of the internal sd card as this will be deleted in the next step). Be sure that MTP is enabled (inside Mounts, click on Enable MTP), then, from your pc, copy the files. If MTP does not work from recovery, try it directly from Android or remove the external sd card from the phone and put it into your PC.
    • Wipe Dalvik Cache, Cache, System and Data (inside Wipe -> Advanced Wipe). Do not report problems if you did not wipe those partitions as the problems are most probably related to this!
    • Install the CM12 rom zip-package
    • Install the GApps zip-package
    • Reboot the system and enjoy a Lollipop

How to root:
    No SuperSu is needed as CM12 already comes with integrated root support. Root access is disabled by default.
    You normally do not need root access. If you want to activate root access for apps, do the following:
    • Open the Settings menu, select "About Phone"
    • Tap on the "Build number" entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
    • Open the Settings menu, select "Developer options". Enable root access by selecting "Apps" in the "Root-Access" setting.

In case you want to go back to the stock ROM:
    • lf you do not have the latest ROM for the G800F you can download it from SamMobile
    • Reboot your phone into Odin mode
    • Open Odin on your PC and connect your smartphone with your PC via USB
    • If you have a zip-file unzip it so that you have a .tar.md5 file
    • In Odin click on the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file. Then press "Start".
    • Normally the stock rom fails to boot as the data from CM12 is still on the data partition. So after flashing the stock rom, reboot into recovery mode (it looks a bit different now). First wipe the data partition, then wipe the cache.
    • Reboot

Changelog
    Code:
    23-03-2015:
    * Fixed non-working mic on incoming call issue
    * Fixed non-working menu-button
    * Synchronized with latest CM12 sources

This section is for developers:
    A script to setup the build environment can be found here:
    Code:
    https://github.com/tobigun/kminilte-patcher

Sources:
    Code:
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_vendor_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_kernel_samsung_kminilte
    https://github.com/cm-3470/android_device_samsung_smdk3470-common

Thanks to Unjustified Dev from Team Regular. As the S5 mini (G800F) and the Galaxy Light are quite similar we worked on this together.

XDA:DevDB Information
    [G800F][ROM][5.0.2][LRX22G] CyanogenMod 12.0 for G800F [Alpha 23/03/2015], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini

Contributors
    hennymcc, Unjustified Dev
    Source Code: https://github.com/cm-3470

ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery [version from 2015-03-23]
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-03-03
    Last Updated 2015-04-15
    By the way @hennymcc, have you made some progress on the blinking lights and the freeze ? :)

It seems that I have found the issue for the touchkey and touchscreen issue. Samsung messed a bit with the suspend modes in the kernel. It was not that easy to find out were the problem came from but with the next build it should be fixed.

I guess the next build will be available this week and it will be a Android 5.1 build.
    First of all:
    There might be issues with NFC. At least the NFC chips of user LS97 and me are not working anymore (probably permanently)..
    Although the NFC issue is probably not related to the ROM there is a slight chance it is. If it is, the issue is probably already present in the current ROM release as NFC for LS97 already stopped working two weeks ago.
    NFC might be turned on by default after flashing CM 12 but I am not sure. At least in the default Cyanogenmod settings configuration file I found an entry saying false, so it might as well be off by default.
    If you are brave enough, would be great if you could test NFC before and after flashing and post the result in the forum.

Just in case it was caused by electrostatic discharge (due to battery removal/insertion):
    To avoid damage due to electrostatic discharge, try to remove the battery as little as possible and restart the phone with a normal shutdown/restart instead of simply removing/reinserting the battery. If you remove the battery do not touch the battery connector pins or any other pins.
    Samsung might not have added electrostatic discharge protection between the NFC antenna (in the battery) and the NFC chip.

In short:
    If you cannot live without NFC you should not flash the ROM and wait until there is more long term experience with CM 12/12.1.

Sorry for the not-so-fun introduction.
    So you still want to test the ROM? Then to the fun part:

Here are the download links for recovery and the 5.1 ROM:
    cm-12.1-20150411: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934554359
    recovery: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934554115

Please use the new recovery and not the one from the first post. In addition you have to use a 5.1 capable GApps package. Use the one from jajb:
    http://xdaforums.com/android/software/gapps-google-apps-minimal-edition-t2943330

Wipe your device as mentioned in the first post to avoid problems.
    I have a new ROM ready but do not have the time to test it (probably not before end of next week). If somebody cannot wait and already wants to test it send me a PM.
    A new firmware is available. The mic problem should be fixed now. Same for the menu button.
    The blinking touchkey lights are still present when the screen is off but it seems that this problem only occurs under certain conditions.