How fast is this phone using launchers?

Search This thread

omnius1

Mar 28, 2011
The reason I'm asking is that I've tried this phone in the store as well as watched the video reviews and yes, the UI is really, really fast and smooth.
I'm curious if anyone has installed a 3rd party Launcher, like Nova or something without being rooted and noticed how the speed is after they did that?

mhoss48

Jun 1, 2012
Just try any, non of them require root l. I think your phone will handle them perfectly :)

Sent from my HTC One X

hondaguy

Mar 2, 2006
toronto
It depends on the settings you use, but I am using nova and it is very fast and very smooth. The only reason I am using it instead of stock is so I can double press the home key and have the notification bar drop down. Saves me having to try to reach for it all the time

phoenix_rizzen

Aug 10, 2011
I use Go Launcher Ex with most of the bells and whistles enabled, and it's buttery smooth on stock 4.0.4, stock 4.1.2, and CM 10.1 (4.2.1).

Switched to Go to get more than 4 columns of icons, nicer icons, nicer themes, nicer animations.

Nokevah

Feb 4, 2013
The reason I'm asking is that I've tried this phone in the store as well as watched the video reviews and yes, the UI is really, really fast and smooth.
I'm curious if anyone has installed a 3rd party Launcher, like Nova or something without being rooted and noticed how the speed is after they did that?

I'm using Nova on the AOSP Rom and it is extremely fast.

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
i sry to maybe hijack ur thread omnius1, but i also got some questions about launchers.

i got my E975 some days ago and i am thinking about trying another launcher than LG's own, but how to u set it them up and how to disable the stock one and which have the best options for modding the hell out of the homescreen? :cowboy:

scoobydooby

Apr 8, 2011
Vancouver
puma99dk said:
i got my E975 some days ago and i am thinking about trying another launcher than LG's own, but how to u set it them up and how to disable the stock one and which have the best options for modding the hell out of the homescreen? :cowboy:

Most launchers will allow you a degree pf modding the homescreen but it depends what you wish to do..
If youre looking to change stuff like fonts then the launcher wont allow this at least I havent seen it, however you can change animations, the dock, folders, icons and general theme..

I currently use a combo of apex launcher (which works with some of the existing stock widgets, unlike adw launcher for instance) and rom toolbox pro which allows for a whole bunch of customization such as boot screens, font, et

Oh and I should also mention that the speed amd performance overall using apex launcher is every bit as fast as stock if not a bit faster.

I am rooted too fyi.