Unbrick lg optimus l3 using kdz updater

Search This thread

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
To Anyone who gets problem to unbrick your LG Optimus L3 e400
It Really works for me.

How to instal LG Firmware using KDZ Updater

1. Download and Install USB driver for Lg L3 e400 from LG website or here

2.Download and install MSXML 4.0 SP3. here.

3.Download KDZ Updater here then extract it to your computer.

4. Download KDZ file according to your country or any compatible KDZ file. Download here

How to use KDZ:

1. Detach your external SD from your phone.

2. Remove your phone battery and wait for a few seconds.

3. Put your battery back to the phone.

4. Press volume - and + (or just in the middle of volume button) and power button at the same time.

5. wait till the phone screen turns to yellow (emergency mode) then release all the buttons.

6. Connect your phone to PC by using USB cable (your LG cable).

7. Stop or disable your antivirus or antimalware.

8. Run KDZ Updater as administrator.

9. Choose the following options in KDZ Updater:

Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: DIAG

and browse KDZ file is the one you downloaded, browse where you put this file and then select.

9. Click on “Launch Software Update”

10. If everything goes well, you will see “Finished” on KDZ Updater screen. Your phone will restart itself. You'll see the opening screen.

If something wrong happen it's usually because of the wrong download of KDZ file, broken KDZ Updater, or your antivirus.

I hope this could unbrik your LG L3 phone.

How to Root it.

After doing all the above now you can root your device again with this. Extract the file you just downloaded to your root of your computer.
Connect your device to the computer, then double click run.bat and wait till the device restart.
Now your device is rooted again

How to get CWM

Download from Google Play Rom Manager and download your CWM with this apk while online.

Good Luck

Last edited:

mr_techno

Nov 14, 2013
I have 4.0.4 ICS (cm9) on my LG L3 (e400), I tried to flash to stock since official 4.4 (kitkat) is coming soon but it does nothing, just reboots normally after flashing (no errors reported with kdz flasher) with my wallpaper and everything, and it says that my battery is charging but it's not connected to charger or computer. Any ideas?:confused:

konjkonjkonj

Oct 15, 2011
I did everything from the guide, step by step, and I'm stuck on this error: Upgrade Error: Wparam: 100 LParam :1010

I especially looked ower firmware, and I'm positive that I downloaded the right one.

I tried several times, and every time I get this error. Also, phone now boots to Emergency mode, and can't boot to something else.

Don't know what to do? Anyone help?

Last edited:

mr_techno

Nov 14, 2013
Just reinstall driver, reboot pc after instalation and run kdz as admin.

Sent from my LG-E400 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
I did everything from the guide, step by step, and I'm stuck on this error: Upgrade Error: Wparam: 100 LParam :1010

I especially looked ower firmware, and I'm positive that I downloaded the right one.

I tried several times, and every time I get this error. Also, phone now boots to Emergency mode, and can't boot to something else.

Don't know what to do? Anyone help?

You can only enter emergency mode because you haven't finished installing_KDZ. If I were you I would try download and install another KDZ file.
It will only work when you get the right KDZ file for your device. Don't worry to try another KDZ file.
Try another KDZ updater,

Unable antivirus and firewall.

Keep on trying. I hope these will unbricked your phone.

Sent from my LG-P705 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
I have 4.0.4 ICS (cm9) on my LG L3 (e400), I tried to flash to stock since official 4.4 (kitkat) is coming soon but it does nothing, just reboots normally after flashing (no errors reported with kdz flasher) with my wallpaper and everything, and it says that my battery is charging but it's not connected to charger or computer. Any ideas?:confused:

Try hard reset

Sent from my LG p705 using XDA Dev Soft.

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
Download Quick Boot Reboot from play store. Run it select recovery then it should hard reset your device.

Sent from my LG p705 using XDA Dev Soft.

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
I can't turn it off completely without removing the battery. When I place back the battery it turns on immediately, so I don't have time to hold button combo..... :/

After removing battery wait about 15 seconds and put it back. If it still fails, remove battery and wait for longer time.
Just keep on trying.

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk

robtoman

Jan 9, 2013
help me :(

please help me... why after i press start upgrade at kdz updater. it says phone was not found even says it Finnish and nothing happen next? either i am connected to pc and already have needed drivers? please can you help me. i installed cyanoid14 standard and my phone goes boot loop like blinking white background infinitely :(

george brown

Sep 15, 2011
Have you tried entering into CWM?
If so, then you should do factory reset, wipe cache, and go to advance then wipe dalvik cache then restart your phone.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: pancepaki

mr_techno

Nov 14, 2013
After removing battery wait about 15 seconds and put it back. If it still fails, remove battery and wait for longer time.
Just keep on trying.

Sent from my LG-P705 using Tapatalk

Tried that, tried flashing another roms, tried KDZ, tried multiple stock roms....nothing works.... It says it's charging without cable being connected.

vuconghuu

Jul 30, 2012
stuck with cm9

For those you stuck and cannot flash back to stock ROM. enter to CWM, and leave it there. Connect to PC and flash with EMERGENCY mode (not DIAG)

petriedave

Feb 7, 2013
Unable to download kdz

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I try click on the link for the kdz I'm looking for it takes me to a tny.cz page and nothing else happens.

What am I missing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Anyone who gets problem to unbrick your LG Optimus L3 e400
    It Really works for me.

How to instal LG Firmware using KDZ Updater

1. Download and Install USB driver for Lg L3 e400 from LG website or here

2.Download and install MSXML 4.0 SP3. here.

3.Download KDZ Updater here then extract it to your computer.

4. Download KDZ file according to your country or any compatible KDZ file. Download here

How to use KDZ:

1. Detach your external SD from your phone.

2. Remove your phone battery and wait for a few seconds.

3. Put your battery back to the phone.

4. Press volume - and + (or just in the middle of volume button) and power button at the same time.

5. wait till the phone screen turns to yellow (emergency mode) then release all the buttons.

6. Connect your phone to PC by using USB cable (your LG cable).

7. Stop or disable your antivirus or antimalware.

8. Run KDZ Updater as administrator.

9. Choose the following options in KDZ Updater:

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: DIAG

and browse KDZ file is the one you downloaded, browse where you put this file and then select.

9. Click on “Launch Software Update”

10. If everything goes well, you will see “Finished” on KDZ Updater screen. Your phone will restart itself. You'll see the opening screen.

If something wrong happen it's usually because of the wrong download of KDZ file, broken KDZ Updater, or your antivirus.

I hope this could unbrik your LG L3 phone.

How to Root it.

After doing all the above now you can root your device again with this. Extract the file you just downloaded to your root of your computer.
    Connect your device to the computer, then double click run.bat and wait till the device restart.
    Now your device is rooted again

How to get CWM

Download from Google Play Rom Manager and download your CWM with this apk while online.

Good Luck
    Hi, im a l5 user but the process, im new with this device, but if i flash a rom by kdz i'll need do root,install cwm, and unlock bootloader again?
    Have you tried entering into CWM?
    If so, then you should do factory reset, wipe cache, and go to advance then wipe dalvik cache then restart your phone.

Sent using Tapatalk