[Q] Do you have Light bleed on the bottom of your Screen?

DO you have Light Bleed (7 spots at low brightness) at bottom of screen?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.

Stujoe

Dec 4, 2013
Do you have the well described light bleed on the bottom of your screen (7 brighter spots) at low brightness?
Whether you do or do not I am curious to know what your serial number date is.
I.e. are the 1st 3 digits 311 or 312.....
Someone suggested this was fixed on newer batches of these tablets and am curious if the newer serial numbers are showing the same issue.

Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Yes but only with a white background at that edge and when the tablet is at less than 20% brightness. If it is a darker background or the tablet is above 20% brightness I have no bleed that I can see. In fact, I never noticed it in regular use until I looked for it in order to reply to your thread. So obviously it does not bother me. SN 311.

Thanks. My purpose is not to get people bothered. I am more thing to establish 2 things. First that unlike light bleed which is random this its a near universallyrics described flaw out limitation of this device and going and returning it for am exchange is likely fruitless. Keep it if you like it or move on. I have chosen to keep mine.
Secondly to seeif there is a pattern to those that claim not you'll have this issue. One person in another post started his first twist had it but the replacement with a newer serial number did not.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk 4

Stujoe

Dec 4, 2013

Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Part of the reason I never noticed it is that I have my on-screen buttons as black so any bleed would never be visible for me in portrait mode. Also, the only time I ever have my brightness that low is at night when reading my kindle app in bed and I use the white text on black background for that so bleed would also never show up in that situation.

Similar situating though sometimes might surf or watch a video in bed at low brightness and then was surprised to see it

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

colwellkr

Dec 19, 2013
309 Here and yes I have the bleed but it doesn't bother me because most of the time my black nav buttons are there. Only really noticeable when you have only white.

LeighR

Aug 17, 2012
The only bleed I have is when when brightness is jacked up and the background is dark. It goes a bit lighter in the corner but no worse than my nexus 7.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
So minor i can barely see when trying in a dark room with any brightness. Less light bleed or inconformaty than any other tab i have owned.

I have a black 309 from best buy.

So what this means, is that the lack of the light bleed at the bottom of the screen that so many of us have is not necessarily related to do the month of manufacture. Somebody had suggested that models with serial 312 and higher were made sense that have not exhibited the same problem.
One thing I have noticed, is that I can lower the brightness on this tablet to a much lower level than any other smartphone or tablet. It is possible that is why we see those 7 lights at the bottom. It probably has to do with the fact that the overall screen brightness is so low that they become visible. Ordinarily on a different tablet it probably doesn't reach brightness level that low where more artifacts in the screen becomes viewable

afrikanac

Aug 20, 2012
So what this means, is that the lack of the light bleed at the bottom of the screen that so many of us have is not necessarily related to do the month of manufacture. Somebody had suggested that models with serial 312 and higher were made sense that have not exhibited the same problem.
One thing I have noticed, is that I can lower the brightness on this tablet to a much lower level than any other smartphone or tablet. It is possible that is why we see those 7 lights at the bottom. It probably has to do with the fact that the overall screen brightness is so low that they become visible. Ordinarily on a different tablet it probably doesn't reach brightness level that low where more artifacts in the screen becomes viewable

This is a great thread and to tell you the truth if you havent began this one i would very soon began one similar. Here is my observations:
My first one was with 7 bright lights on the bottom vissible on white screen(do you tests with an apk thats free from Google playstore called "Backlight bleed apk", its free) from a 35% brightness and lower. It was annoying and second,much more important,for the money i gave to LG i want the product to be of high quality and tested by their technicians very thoughtfully before launching it. So i return it as a DOA. The second one had no 7 bright spots on the bottom but it had a yellow line on the top(under the Lg sign) that was very obvious with a white background (from 60% brightness and up). This one went also back as a DOA. The third one has again 7 bright spots on the bottom but its noticeable with 20% and below. All 3 devices are 311. Its quite a shame that this device with such good specs has such bad screen problems. I thing LG had a wonderfull idea with this tab but hurried to get it to the market.
Does someone with 312 have simmilar problems?

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk

kdog350

Mar 28, 2012
Does anyone here with the lightbleed problem also have a problem with the screen seeming loose? When I push on my screen I can hear some creaking.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Does anyone here with the lightbleed problem also have a problem with the screen seeming loose? When I push on my screen I can hear some creaking.

Ingesting and unrelated.
Here are my chronicles:

1st G pad: white 310 serial. Had both regular and 7 light bleed. Had not readabout this issue before returned it.

2nd G pad: Black don't recall serial. Good build quality no light bleed but 7 light issue. Now aware this is a common problem. Decide to exchange and go to best buy inspect 2 others (sales person let me setup 3 tablets and look best I could for issues. All 3 had the 7 light thing so figured this must just be a characteristic of the lcd they use in this tablet. So took home

3rd Gpad white w 11 build which in store I thought was better than the 2nd for the 7 light issue.
For Home was wrong and based on what I have read and my assessment I was resigned to the fact that they would all be this way and was going to keep. At this point I stated this thread after reading about some people who did not have this issue, one of them having a December or 312 build which I have been unable to find anywhere.

The build quality was bad in this replacement however. The edges of the tablet were sharp with a seam the others didn't have. Less than 1 day later the bottom right of the tablet must have been lose as depending on how I gripped it, it would creak and pop as if the plastic was coming off and snapping back.

At this point I decided I would return as a defect and got

G pad 4: white 310 build.
Was similar to second tab in buildwith almost no light bleed but had the 7 light issueand also felt the lower right part of screen at edge of bezel felt it had some give. I am now fed up and neuroticabout all this add I am in vacation in the USA and we don't yet have these in Canada.
Wanted to settle it. Found one other best but that head in store stock and it was rainy so I said last try to get at least one with only the 7 light issue.

Picked up a black one. 310 serial.
Took it home knowing that I'd it was no good I would say screw it and get ipad mini.
This one is nearly perfect.
Even at 0 the 7 lights are almost invisible. I have to look for them as I know they should be there. There is just a bit of traditional light bleed visible at 100% brightness in a dark room and in dark room I am rarely above 40%. Build quality is great and screen doesn't have any significant yellow cast.
I love it!!!!

From all my craziness I have discovered a few things that might explain the issues with this tablet.

1) 7light issue is there in every tablet. It is the way the lcd back lights work. The reason I and others likely have a tablet that doesn't exhibit it is due to something else. Brightness of the screen. By this I mean that all the tablets that have the 7 light issue can be dimmed incredibly low at the 0 setting.
Much lower than an ipad other tablet or my Samsung note 3.
My best screen seems noticeably brighter at lowest brightness. When reading an ebook at lowest brightness with white wiring on Black background the text is brighter in this one. So it could be that my 0 brightness calibration of the screen is closer to a 20 on one of the screens exhibiting the 7 light issue.

2) White tablet shows fewer finer prints if that is an issue but the metal black back is sweet!

3)With the voice Siri like app you can have option to enable or disable it listening for a hot word to activate it. With mine turned off my standby battery life is great even with 3 email accounts (1a push exchange account) going. We are taking 1% every 4-6 hours. This is much better than every tablet I have hadand my phone. This in spite of wifi on during sleep.

4) In spite of my issues of which in retrospect I would have been fine with my first 2 tablets and my current one I love this tablet.
It is a much better size than the lost nexus 7 2013 it replaced. Having expandable storage Ada much needed versatility. It does not win in any one category like an ipad or Nexus might but it hits all my desires from stereo speakersto God look to nice screen to great ergonomics.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

EdenGottlieb

Dec 15, 2013
311, have the light bleed. thought of exchanging it because it somewhat bothers me when I'm web surfing at night in landscape, but I figured out it doesn't worth the effort becuae probably most of the other slates have this problem too. I was right.

I think we should all be a little bit less perfectionists about our tablet, and give more thought to the good things at the tablet + focus on more important issues in our lives (At least I know I should ;) )

D

Deleted member 3228236

I would like to buy G Pad but before ordering it in online store (Poland) I sent them a message asking for checking some G Pads randomly. The result is shocking: first 10 G Pads have light bleed at the bottom of the screen. After that they decided to check all tablets in stock. It turned out that all of them (> 50) have light bleed at the bottom of the screen. Product manager told me that they will contact with distributor of LG in Poland requesting clarification on that issue and they want to return all G Pads and replace them with good ones.

Will let you know how things will go on.

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I would like to buy G Pad but before ordering it in online store (Poland) I sent them a message asking for checking some G Pads randomly. The result is shocking: first 10 G Pads have light bleed at the bottom of the screen. After that they decided to check all tablets in stock. It turned out that all of them (> 50) have light bleed at the bottom of the screen. Product manager told me that they will contact with distributor of LG in Poland requesting clarification on that issue and they want to return all G Pads and replace them with good ones.

Will let you know how things will go on.

I have stud I think this is less a defect and more a characteristic of this screen technology. Based on the unit I now which does not have it I can say that mine does not get as dim at 0 percent brightness. Could be like with all LCD tech that below a certain brightness things like this are visible. It is a trade off in that you are getting a screen that can go dimmer but with those lights visible.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Tondern

Jun 2, 2011
Tønder
I'm on S/N 311 and I got no bleed at the bottom, but at higher brightness I got a pretty serious bleed at the top left corner, that's left of the LG Logo. I don't notice it normally but when I use the tablet in landscape that spot is covered by the black software key bar, making it stand somewhat out. I'm not gonna get it replaced, I played that game with my SGS-II back in 2011, you ARE going to find something else on the new unit cause you'll have gone in nitpicky mode.

Besides at this price, which is one third of what I paid for my Note 3 on launch day, you can allow a tiny few beauty marks.

eabinsan

Sep 24, 2009
Exchanged a black gpad because of a 0.5 inch yellow line at the top of the screen. Don't know the serial number unfortunately.

Got a 312 now as replacement. This has the light bleed at the bottom as well. But I have not seen any of the other issues like the blue line or the issue above. The bleed is noticable, but I might keep it anyway because most of the time i use it in portrait at high brightness....

Top Liked Posts