Ulefone Armor 3W/3WT

Search This thread

l0n34ng3l

Apr 8, 2019
Hello everyone.

This is my first thread, I hope not to break any rules.

Ulefone launched the new Armor 3W and 3WT, like our 3 and 3T, it does have the exact same look and same specs except for the CPU and RAM, our 3 and 3T have the P23 and 4GB of RAM, the new Armor 3W and 3WT have the P70 and 6GB of RAM.

Does any of you had the change to get one and test it out?

I'm curious if the TWRP available to 3 and 3T are compatible with the new 3W/3WT.

Thank you!

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
Thanks, I have tried the arm 64ab gsi rom from havoc but that just got stuck on the boot logo. Maybe I missed a step somewhere? I'll have another go at it tonight

I would try just reflashing the stock rom and trying again. It eliminates the "bug" i found that just doesn't let any rom boot at all until you reflash stock and makes sure you didn't miss any step as you do them again from the start.

By the way... in case anyone finds that the camera lens shakes and snaps while trying to focus i think it is not hardware related but something wrong with the stock camera app. In my case every other app from snapchat or telegram to open camera or anything else never once had that issue while the stock camera sometimes does.

Last edited:

ultramad

Feb 1, 2020
Thanks.

So flash stock with sp tools on download only, run through the stock setup, flash twrp, format data then flash havoc through twrp, flash magisk and reboot?

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
Thanks.

So flash stock with sp tools on download only, run through the stock setup, flash twrp, format data then flash havoc through twrp, flash magisk and reboot?

You might have to do flashing unlock again in fastboot... not too sure myself because my current win10 install for some reason won't work with anything fastboot it just constantly plays the usb connect sound but from what i remember it might relock it after you flash with sp tools. I posted somewhere early in this thread the process that worked for me so you could try doing that after reflashing to stock.

ultramad

Feb 1, 2020
I have tried the method you posted but still get stuck on the boot logo... also when flashing the rom it only goes to the boot logo if I install magisk otherwise it goes straight back into twrp.

Any ideas?

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
I have tried the method you posted but still get stuck on the boot logo... also when flashing the rom it only goes to the boot logo if I install magisk otherwise it goes straight back into twrp.

Any ideas?

You can try flashing it with A only rom and letting it bootloop (a only will bootloop either way) and then force shutdown and back into twrp to flash AB. I do remember trying that once but if that doesn't work then i have no idea. Maybe something broke in new roms so you could try flashing one from early 2020 (back when i last tried) because i can not test it myself due to my windows install breaking fastboot but i highly doubt that or someone else would also say something about it not working anymore. Im afraid this phone is just very glitchy sometimes and you have to randomly poke it and try things until it suddenly works...

ml11ML

Mar 1, 2015
Just flashed Havoc-OS-v3.1-20200121-ARM64AB-GSI from stock by formatting data (not wiping) then reboot to recovery and wipe system and both caches and then installing the img to system and flashing no encryption zip which ended with an error and then magisk which flashed fine. It does indeed bootloop. I then rebooted to twrp again and wiped everything except sdcard and flashed an old build i had left over on my sdcard which was v3.0 20191215 arm64 ab unofficial and that booted right up. Latest lineage also works which tells me the havoc dev broke something.

EDIT: Also installed pixel experience now which seems to work great.

Last edited:

ultramad

Feb 1, 2020
Yes I'm happy with it, battery isn't any worse. Only problem I have is videos glitch and don't play on Facebook, I notice there is a newer version of 3.1 out so will flash that later today and see if it boots up.

Reactions: thecore

thecore

Nov 14, 2010
craiova
Instruments not working

Hello. I have a question about ulefone armor 3wt. I bought it and it seems that all instruments not working. Compass, bubble level, protractor, plumb bob, proximity sensor .... It is hardware or software? I reset to factory but still the same.

petrjanda

Jun 14, 2015
Jun 15, 2017
Hello everyone. I also had this problem of brightness / proximity sensor with my device. then following the tip of some users in this topic I installed "havoc os" believing that it would solve this problem. but not. the luminosity / proximity sensor keeps stopping the same in the rom stock. when i installed i made all the wipes on twrp but i noticed that it does not erase everything, it still leaves something from the rom stock, like for example the kernel, nvram, and i believe that the drive that controls the luminosity / proximity sensor. I think it's because of the AB partition. it looks like twrp wipes only on partition a and these sensor control files should stay on b. so I believe that any custom rom that installs will not do any good to solve this problem of these sensors, because the rom will always get the drive information from the rom stock that is in partition b

Reactions: thecore
Mar 21, 2020
Hi there, here a newby and his phone

Hi there everybody.

After 2 years using the Armor 2, I doubted long whether I should buy the 3T or the newer 3WT model and allthough I finally choosed the 3WT because of the price difference, I now reckon that I maybe should have rather bought the 3T. Android 8.1, at least on the Armor 2 is solid, logic and Ulefone has through several updates solved the few glitches and hitches its build had when released.

So far, my 3WT works fine, but the system build feels like shabby, sloppy.... and android 9 is not much older than a year, maybe two and it seems to me that it's been some sort of middlestage before android 10.

Unfamiliarities and personal opinions about Android 9 aside, here are some of the funny things this phone does, which I cannot blame other than the OS-build for:
-It mainly refuses to connect to my 5Ghz-Wi-Fi. Sometimes it does, mainly it doesn't... When casually connected, the connection is solid, though, but it mainly shows my 5Ghz network as -disabled-
-It un-deactivates Duo and YouTube apps, which I don't need nor want and cannot unninstall, but deactivate. Nevermind. The system activates them and updates them despite I have disabled all the automatic updates.
-It turns location (which I normally have turned off and I only turn on when needed) on both soft and hard reboot. But it doesn't do it consistently. It mostly turns it on, but once every blue moon, it doesn't.
-Once you activate the walkie talkie, there is no human way to get the notification out of there.
-It rolls back on reboot some defaults to the initial apps. eg: Instead of messages, I use QKSMS. Sometimes, after a reboot, it changes by its own will to set messages as the default app to handle my sms... etc.
-It blocks the developer options all by itself on reboot!!!
-It repeatedly asks for the same freaking updates, even if I installed them a couple days ago.... It feels as it resetted itself to factory settings when it reboots... but, again, not constantly, not consistently, only when it pleases to, without warning. The apps seem to keep the settings I have chosen, but not the freaking OS.

So, my options, after one month of daily usage are the following:

-Send the crap back to china and order the 3WT with android 8.1
-Try to compile my own custom ROM based on Android 8.1 specifically build for this model.
-Try to hack and adapt the stock Rom for the 3WT to this specific model, based on either Android 9 or 10 (which I haven't used yet).
-Try to find a custom rom that either or both solves all the glitches and hitches or allows downgrading to android 8.1, which so far seems the most solid, well thought and functional iteration of Android.
-Lay on the floor in fetal position, roll and suck my thumb.

The worse of all that is that when I can consider myself an over-the-average user of Linux, I am not a developer and I am a complete ignorant when it comes to Android.

I think I'll start trying to learn how to unblock the bootloader and try to get rid of the unwanted system apps.

Any hints, tips, or experience other than the previously referred in the prior pages?

Thank you all for all the patience.
Paul

EDIT: My OS compilation number as shown in the system info: Armor_3WT_RF1_EEA_V01
If I try to update the system, it says that the system is updated and I get following version number: Armor_3WT_RF1_EEA_V01_20191017-1743

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2020
no tools for Linux??

Hi. I'm trying to fiddle on my 3wt, but I cannot find rooting flashing or driver tools for doing it from Linux or, in the worst case, Mac.

I got rid of Windows long ago and I wouldn't like to start looking back.

Thank you for all help
P

kaziq

Sep 17, 2013
Hi all, it seems that new stock ROM version is available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PounIRufNQtS2OhdSO5dlKSy3EGaDfkc (archive file name GQ3060RF2_AGS62_Ulefone_EEA_20200116_V04 (Eu).zip).
I'm just curious if somebody tried this already and if so - does it solve the proximity and light sensor issue?
That's for 3W. For 3WT there is version V05 here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1uJgVHnm6OXQXYKYw0vXRDcC40oCB9TK8

I have bought 3WT a few days ago, and went immediately for a root (I can't live without root, it's like water :)).
It took me a whole day, but I managed to root the phone (bricking it somewhere along the way, but recovered), but due to some problems I ended up with red text overlay. I couldn't find a way to get rid of it, so I flashed Lineage OS, and now almost everything works fine. I even managed to install xposed, and Gravity Box is a great thing. The things that don't work fine are:
1. No walkie-talkie app.
2. In-call volume cannot be changed. This one is strange - the volume is quite fine, but I cannot change it, and it won't be fine when get to talk on a busy street. I tried alternative dialers, but they worked the same. Whatsapp calls work fine - I can change the volume there.
3. The sounds are too loud. Even when ring and notification volume is at the lowest setting above zero, they are too loud in the night. I kind of solved it by reducing volume of my sound files I use for ring and notifications. And I managed to increase steps for media volume, but I cannot find a way to increase steps for notification volume too.

It would be much appreciated it someone knew how to solve these issues. I'm thinking about flashing some other rom based on android 9, or maybe 8.1 even. I tried Resurrection Remix, but it was looping back to TWRP. Maybe I will try again.
I'm also thinking about flashing back the original firmware, to get the walkie-talkie functionality. But I would have to find a way to remove the red texts. Does anyone knows how to do it?

The bootloader unlock worked this way for me (on Windows, but I think it will work on Linux too - the ADB and fastboot are available there, right?
1. Enable developer menu (Settings, Information, tap Build number 8-9 times).
2. Enable “OEM Unlock” option and USB Debugging in Developer options.
3. Connect the phone to USB, run a console on PC, navigate to the ADB/fastboot installation dir.
4. In the console type:
adb reboot bootloader
5. The phone will reboot in bootloader mode, then type:
fastboot flashing unlock
(the usually recommended fastboot oem unlock didn't work for me).
The phone may show a question with tiny, barely readable font, if you are sure you want to unlock. You have to use the volume and power keys to confirm.
After confirmation, it's done - you are unlocked.
6. Then you can flash twrp with:
fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery.img
7. IMPORTANT: If you reboot the phone after flashing TWRP, the original software will restore the original recovery.
To keep twrp, you have to do this immediately after flashing twrp:
- turn off the phone by long-pressing power,
- still keeping power pressed, press volume up,
- release power for a quick moment, and press it again (still keeping volume up pressed),
- when the phone logo shows on the screen, release both power and volume up.
- in twrp format data partition, reboot, flash DisableForceEncryption/magisk/OS, etc.

I'm not sure if I remember the procedure details correctly (do everything on your own responsibility, as usual), but it should work.

Mar 21, 2020
That's for 3W. For 3WT there is version V05 here: ht tps://drive.go ogle.com/drive/folders/1uJgVHnm6OXQXYKYw0vXRD cC40oCB9TK8

I've just reflashed with Ulefone's updated ROM... The phone is still updating apps and so on, but the first thing I notice is that it still does not want to connect to 5Ghz wifi... And that, alas, android 9 has lost almost all the features that for me made android 8 a simple, easy and logic thing... gestures on dark screen, accessing configurations in several ways, one-click split screen...

Since I have been forced to get a (sigh) windows laptop, I think I will try:

a) flashing 3T's ROM, based on android 8 on the 3WT and see if it works.
b) try to follow the instructions and flash a custom ROM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thx a lot for this information ,
    has RGB led , but its working as indicator of messages or only for battery power loading ;) ?

when ROOT will be available I will buy this phone probably ... (this is mandatory requirement with all my smartfones , i cant imagine have smartfone without ROOT)

aaa one more question i forgot ;)
    how sim cards and exernal memory is applyiable ? SIM + SIM + MemoryCard ,
    or hybrid SIM + SIM / SIM + MemoryCard

Charging and messages with selectable color. I agree about root however the phone was just too interesting to wait for root. I mostly need it to delete the gapps and google services as i don't use them so i can live with it for now. It has 2 sim cards and a micro SD card each in their own connector under the metal plate on the back so all 3 at once are possible.
    Ulefone Armor 3W/3WT TWRP custom recovery + ROOT

Instructions:
    • 1. Flash recovery.img via spflashtool or platformtools.
    • 2. Boot to TWRP.
      Touchscreen is not working properly in TWRP on our gadgets. You need to use OTG cable and mouse. Skip enter password form. Default language is russian so you can choose your in options.
    • 3. Install disable force encryption and magisk (if you need root) via TWRP.
    • 4. Boot to system. Enjoy.

Download link (merge go ogle together)
    drive.go ogle.com/open?id=1J0HlsJYTyJUGAHjIXYMDUXye4DD9kEAC
    Instructions:
    • 1. Flash recovery.img via spflashtool or platformtools.
    • 2. Boot to TWRP.
      Touchscreen is not working properly in TWRP on our gadgets. You need to use OTG cable and mouse. Skip enter password form. Default language is russian so you can choose your in options.
    • 3. Install disable force encryption and magisk (if you need root) via TWRP.
    • 4. Boot to system. Enjoy.

Download link (merge go ogle together)
    drive.go ogle.com/open?id=1J0HlsJYTyJUGAHjIXYMDUXye4DD9kEAC

Thank you so much! This works great!

Here is a clickable download link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J0HlsJYTyJUGAHjIXYMDUXye4DD9kEAC

For anyone following these are the steps i did (assuming you unlocked bootloader already):
    1. Copy both zips to external sd as internal storage wont work at first
    2. adb reboot bootloader
    3. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. unplug usb and hold power button until screen turns off
    5. let go of power button, count to 2, press and hold power button and volume up together until screen turns back on
    6. let go of power button when screen turns on but keep holding volume up until you see TWRP screen
    7. as above post said, cancel password and swipe to enter main menu and then one square above the bottom right to enter the language menu
    8. flash both zips from external sd card
    9. format data (not wipe but format to get rid of encryption) - i rebooted after flashing the zips and had to go back to recovery again to format the data !THIS DOES A FACTORY RESET!
    10. reboot to system this will cause it to be set up as new
    11. reboot to recovery again, this time there should be no password and in install you should be able to see internal storage of the phone
    12. flash magisk / anything else you want

Also do you mind me asking... How did you manage to make this recovery? As far as i understand the stock boot.img is needed to port twrp or have things changed now?
    While we are on the subject of experiments, I thought you all might be interested to know my other findings. I got a little power/swr meter, and I am using a dual band antenna. Using a root based SQLite editor, I was able to input frequencies outside the UHF band. I have been able to listen to VHF transmissions on the 2 meter and 1.25m bands. I have heard static bursts on the 6m band, but nothing on 10m.

I have confirmed that I can transmit on the 2m band. The power meter shows anywhere between 0.7W to 0.4W (it starts high then lessens over a few seconds). I was also able to open the squelch on a local repeater and hear the repeater tail when I unkeyed. I got no response to my radio check that time, but I tried a different repeater and got a response there. The repeater is about 15 miles from my location, so not terrible for about half a watt (or less) on VHF. There's no power difference whether I have it set to high or low power on VHF frequencies.

As for the other bands, the meter shows 0.0W when I try transmitting on 10m, 6m, or 1.25m bands into a dummy load. I still can't recommend transmitting on the 2m band, since the radio isn't designed for that. But, in an emergency, it's nice to know that this is possible.
    Alright, here's the deal:
    It's important to keep our phones up to date. Ulefone doesn't seem to want to support updates to Android 10 or 11. Also, we paid extra for the walkie talkie function, I think we should be able to use it on the latest Roms.

So, I pulled the Intercom app from the Atom XL, which comes with Android 10. I found which libraries and binaries are necessary to run the app on the Armor 3WT. Threw all that into a magisk module along with a few modifications and signed it with Havoc's platform keys, and here we are. It receives, it transmits, it saves audio. It's not perfect, I would say it's about 85% functional.

Issues:
    1) Hardware PTT button does not work.
    2) The extmodule service does not start on boot.

Instructions:
    Here are the steps to use the magisk module:
    1) Flash an Android 10 GSI and Magisk. reboot and setup your ROM.
    2) Install magisk module and reboot.
    3) Go to app settings for Intercom. Grant Microphone and Storage permission. Turn off battery optimization for Intercom.
    4) open a terminal emulator (install from Play store or F-Droid)
    5) type 'su -c extmodule' (this should show a few lines of output and then stay running)
    6) run the Intercom app.

Steps 4-6 need to be done after every reboot.

I'm not sure if I can help with any problems, but let me know of any other issues anyway. I take no responsibility for any issues. This is all experimental.