[ROM][4.3.1][UNOFFICIAL][CLOSED][Codinaxx Galaxy Exhibit T599X Variants] CM-10.2

Search This thread
E

Exothermic

ABANDONED DEVELOPMENT.

For your information

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Download

CWM Recovery
CM-10.2
GAPPS
Odin 3.07

Instructions on how to install

Philz's Recovery does not work with this build and this recovery must be installed.

1. Download GAPPS and CM-10.2, and put it on your phone (preferably external sd card).
2. Download Odin, and the recovery from the above links.
3. Turn off your phone, and put your phone in download mode by pressing volume down button, home button and the power button simultaneously and letting go. Press volume up when prompted.
4. Plug in your phone via usb, and open up odin and load the recovery in PDA and flash away. Do not tick or untick anything.
5. After it flashed, reboot to recovery (by pressing volume up, home, and power simultaneously).
6. Wipe data/factory, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache (found in advanced)
7. Install zip, find where CM10.2 is and install that first, and then install GAPPS.
8. Reboot system and enjoy CM-10.2!

Note

I'm posting this on behalf of @Unjustified Dev so all credits go to him, I just compiled the rom for him. Remember to thank him!

Credits
- Unjustified Dev (for creating this rom)
- OliverG96 and his respective sources

Last edited:
E

Exothermic

Bugs
- RIL (Common to every Novathor device)
- Calls not working (can't speak or hear recipient)
- Bluetooth turning on and off repeatedly
- Possible random reboots (?) [Not confirmed yet]
- Posible audio issues (?) [Not confirmed yet]

Changelog:
2014/01/24
- First Release

Last edited:

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Awesome! Can't wait to flash, give feedback and contribute to the success of this ROM and T599x's continued development. Thank you @Unjustified Dev and @Exothermic for building and releasing this very anticipated ROM that we were all looking forward to.

If you think I helped you please hit that Thank You button. Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
E

Exothermic

What is that

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RIL is radio-interface layer, because of lacking sources from STE, there may be issues with signal at times (with olivers rom it only affected some, and it didn't affect others at all). If you didn't notice it before on Unjust's rom, then you won't notice it now, from my understanding it only affects some and not everyone's devices.

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
thank you! and can somebody help me to get my ubuntu recognizing my phone correctly? i want to flash this so bad but my ubuntu doesnt recognize my phone.

E

Exothermic

I'm still on stock, only rooted, never a custom Rom on this phone

It only affects some and not others, and no body last time complained of it so I guess it doesn't affect our phones as much as it did for some of the other Novathor devices. You can always test it out and revert back to stock if you don't like CM10.2.

E

Exothermic

thank you! and can somebody help me to get my ubuntu recognizing my phone correctly? i want to flash this so bad but my ubuntu doesnt recognize my phone.

Um, switch to camera and back to mtp and it should work (worked for me), from status bar when you plug it in it should touch here for usb settings or something like that. You'd need to use heimdall to install the recovery, but I haven't had too much experience with heimdall so can't help you there

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
Um, switch to camera and back to mtp and it should work (worked for me), from status bar when you plug it in it should touch here for usb settings or something like that. You'd need to use heimdall to install the recovery, but I haven't had too much experience with heimdall so can't help you there

Thanks I was able to get a hold of a windows pc for a sec to flash cwm. I'll try that tho when im back on my ubuntu.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

jc33777

Nov 8, 2010
Clearwater
It only affects some and not others, and no body last time complained of it so I guess it doesn't affect our phones as much as it did for some of the other Novathor devices. You can always test it out and revert back to stock if you don't like CM10.2.

Do you like it and does Netflix have any issues

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
Hi @Exothermic @Unjustified Dev I flashed ROM and its running great with the exception that I can't hear anyone on calls or when I called. I had a few calls and the recepiant says he can't hear me nor I can't hear him. Is this a known bug or did I do something wrong? Thanks.

Last edited:

Erich584

Dec 27, 2013
Hi I just flashed this ROM and whenever I try to sync my SIM contacts it says there are no contacts

kylegrant

Jan 23, 2012
Hi I just flashed this ROM and whenever I try to sync my SIM contacts it says there are no contacts

I've read elswhere (other roms and phones) that this is just a bug with jellbyean. not with the rom in question.

also, does anyone know how to take the quick apps from the lockscreen off? so it only lets me unlock the phone with the unlock ring?

edit: i found out that if i choose an app for each slot, i can make the slot empty. thanks, me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Exothermic I will update my source. I am flashing your build to debug
    okay i finally got my account reactivated on here lol ahvent had to use this in a good min anyway i wanted to post and say i am willing to help as i do have coding exp and a good ubuntu system running but i am tether off my phone with no tether plan :p thats linux or you so awesome anyway. i have install philz recovery and got it working and found a few tips and tricks for you guys

i am using your latest port @Unjustified Dev of the touch recovery and found there are no recovery loops it just takes time for example getting in to it you wait for the vibrate and then the 2 logos and it shows up with sd ext mount and all and then for download mode (which i had lost) i found the same thing it seems to reboot to battery charging logo after awhile anyway.

so my guy basicly what i am saying is i am proud that this little phone has made it up there and cannot wait to make some new stuff for this phone i have no build setup for compiling roms but i can just edit them oob i mostly stay on phandroid for phones but i will check here from time to time to check progress as i am also in front of porting cm i need to learn very well on coding i have java down a little no c or c ++

p.s we need our own forum god i hope the devs understand how frustrating it is to determining sgh-t599n and s3 mini
    Donated. I added a little extra that should cover shipping costs. if anything is left donate it to someone else or keep it. i dont mind.
    If you do $25 I'll do $25 when get to my pc later tonight

Sent from my SGH-T599N using xda app-developers app

i will have to wait until tonight as well. if you put $25.00 in i will do the rest. i want to see this phone get a cool rom on it.
    I'm new to development, so learning as I'm going, hopefully @Unjustified Dev can find/implement a fix quicker than I can. I set an alarm and the audio did work for me, was the volume bars for the alarm clock set high? Press the volume up button, there's a setting/expand toggle on the right, press it and it'll show audio for call, media and alarm/notifications, check if they're all high.

Regarding bluetooth: it may be a kernel issue and I'm looking into it, can't make any promises since I'm new to this, and have a slight idea of what's going awry, but I'm trying.

Regarding RIL: Bugs include, like kyle mentioned, data stops working, connection may drop and so forth. It's common to every single novathor device (our processor) so it affects the S3 mini, ace 2, etc except for S3 mini Maclaw rewrote them and seem to be working fine, atleast thats what I think from his thread, but he isn't open-source so it wont be able to use his RIL.

Yeah I still can take his ril lol. They are built from source same code as when they are made from every build. That means we will get his same improvements by taking his ril blobs from one of his builds

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk