[Q&A] Switching Sprint HTC to PagePlus

Search This thread

synaptyc

Jul 10, 2007
Following your every move!!!
Trying to move 2 Heroes to PPC this weekend.
I am using KittyWireless.com to make the transition from Sprint to PPC.
I'll make sure I post my results as I go along.
Thanks for all of your work!

~Syn

TpyoKnig

Jul 24, 2007
Hickory
No problem, one things I would like to ad, I found a guide, that is for the Sprint EVo to pagePlus which EVERY step is the same, the guide isn't mine, but I'm going to upload it to my personal server :)

guide: http://www.bpcr.biz/buddy/Android.zip

the zip contains, 2 PRL's, the guide, the APN needed for MMS and APN backup and Restore.

Now, load the first PRL, pageplus.prl when first provisioning, after you are done doing all changes, (including APN Backup & restore) and reboot phone and verify that data works, load the second prl, pageplus1.prl , reason being, that first prl is a non-evdo prl so that it forces phone to go 1x only, which resets HA and autentication keys.

The second PRL is an EVDO prl, only issue I've noticed is sometimes EVDO is spotty.. however we are limited with Data an PagePlus, so WiFi is best, but at least now you can get on web if needed and recieve picture messages.

Last edited:

netghozt

May 23, 2006
No problem, one things I would like to ad, I found a guide, that is for the Sprint EVo to pagePlus which EVERY step is the same, the guide isn't mine, but I'm going to upload it to my personal server :)

guide: http://www.fortuneinyou.com/buddy/Android.zip

the zip contains, 2 PRL's, the guide, the APN needed for MMS and APN backup and Restore.

Do you still have the files posted above? Thanks. I am switching an EVO to PP.

alil2cul4u

Aug 13, 2010
Newnan
Hey TpyoKing,

you wouldnt happen to still have that android.zip file for flashing a phone to Pageplus would you??

TIA,
Julian

PMGRANDS

Aug 15, 2010
Hartford, Connecticut
Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for what you do to your phone while preforming these steps, the info here is not made by me but is a mix of previous experience and a few other guides on the internet.

as of today (9/28/2010) DATA and SMS (Picture messages) DO NOT Work, I'm still trying to figure that part out.. However Calls and Text and all the other functions of the phone do work!

1st) thing you have to have is root for your phone, if you have that then great! Also you need to be running a NON-Froyo Rom (the froyo roms, I've tested thus far) are lacking EPST which will be used later to program the phone.

2nd) Search the Market (Via WiFi) and download MSL reader

3) Write down that MSL (will need it later)

4) reboot phone

5) download http://www.bpcr.biz/buddy/Android.zip and put on root of SD card

6) on your phone pull up the dialer (hit the green button) and put in ##775# (##PRL#) and put in your MSL code you got earlier

7) select "update PRL", drop down "Folder" to "SD Card" and push down on your navigation ball and then long press the "menu" key to make your keyboard lower and select pageplus.prl then select "ok", then press your "menu" key and hit commit modification

8) phone will reboot (Congratulations your now on verizon towers!

9) Get PagePlus to activate phone (eg, contact a local dealer) , tell them you are manually programming a Sprint phone and give them the IMEI and that you need your MIN/MDN and SID.

**Update**

Easier method!

10) on your phone, pull up the dialer and dial ##YOUR6DIGITALMSL# , then select edit mode

11) change Mobile Directory Number (MDN) to what is given to you by PP/dealer

12) change MSID to your MIN (Mobile Identification Number) as suplied by PP/Dealer

12) press menu

13) commit changes

**** older method***

10) Now that you have that information, dial ##3424# on your phone

11) Click "edit mode"

12) Enter the MSL from earlier

13) Select Data Profile, then change the username to YOURPHONENUMER@vzw3g.com

14) press your physical menu button and select commit changes

15) re-do steps 10 and 11 but this time, select Advanced instead of data profile

16) now select MSID and change it to your MDN

17) now select Home SID/NID, input SID supplied by PagePlus Dealer and NID is ALWAYS 65335

18) press your menu button again and commit changes

19) ENJOY your pre-paid HTC Hero!

************* UPDATE*******************

I now have working data with PagePlus, now to solve MMS problem!

Will update shortly with tutorial on howto get data & MMS

Thanx for this man!

Sohip

May 23, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Here is a link to the latest Verizon 52031 PRL file I managed to find for Sprint phones working on Pageplus with annoying Roaming Indicator turned off.

http://goo.gl/7L1XF

If you anyone else manage to find any later version than this PRL please share it with us like I did ;)

pdrayton

Sep 16, 2007
well, after days of messing with it, when I couldn't get anyone to help me, I finally got true 3g on my sprint evo 3d to pageplus without a donor phone. (I know this thread is about the 4g, but maybe there are other poor btards like me looking for help)

Problem is, I'm not sure what did it, so take this with a pinch of salt. I THINK what did it was putting a 1x only prl in, then letting it get connection, then putting the 3G prl in, letting it work stuff out, then putting the 00002.prl (Pageplus) in. Don't ask exactly what the problem was or how to fix it, I don't know. Just trial and error along with a few crisp apple ciders.....

Here's what I did....(prl's attached)

MDN and 00002.prl
OTA
the usual MDN@vzw3g.com stuff
I used qpst and dfs
clear nam/baner name
load 51600_1x prl, rebooting,
setting to CDMA only mode (epst),
rebooting, loading 51618 prl, reboot.
Ended up with mode CDMA_HDR in DFs. Then set to Automatic, loaded 00002.prl.
Not sure what else it took, but that did something. Also set DMU MN auteth to 11.11.11 from 0.0.0 (not sure that did anything though)
This got a PPP password and that's all it seemed to need. AAA HA passwords are still blank, but it is EVDO, not 1x, and tests at the same speeds as my other phone on 3g.

Attachments

• PRLs.zip
    9.7 KB · Views: 46