May 16, 2013
Cologne
xSuite

Features(At the moment):
  • Change the name of your app throughout your entire device
  • Change the icon of your app throughout your entire device
  • Disable the AudioFocus function

Screenshots:
Screenshot_2014-05-14-22-01-10.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-20.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-55.png

Requirements:

Installation:
  1. Install the app.
  2. Activate the module in the xposed settings.
  3. Change whatever you want.
  4. Reboot.

Permissions:

• KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES to restart the launcher
  • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to load icons

Usage:
Simply open the app, wait for the list to load(which takes an eternity, i know) and either press the settings button to disable the audiofocus function or click an app to rename/change icon.
To avoid the loading, you can also go to the detail view by opening the app info and pressing on the name(thanks to MohammadAG!).
Changes will be applied when restarting the device.
The app can rename ANY app and change the icon of almost any(5 out of 150 apps).
And it is able to disable the audiofocus, now your music won't stop when you accidently open a youtube link.

Download:
  • Xposed Repo: Click
  • Via XDA: Under the post

Thanks to:
  • rovo89 for the xposed framework and his support! Danke!
  • MohammadAG for his support and allowing me to use his "Shortcut in App Info" module!

Features to come:
  • Make the audiofocus changable per app.
  • Integrate the resOverloader module by babuilyas with an ui.
  • Whatever you suggest(and is possible).
  • Was going to put it on google play, but well, 25 euros.
  • I'm going to translate it to german. ^^

Please read this as well:
As I pointed out before, i'm developing this as a hobby. I am not a developer, i'm going to school and doing this for fun.
Someone asked me whether I want donations. No I, don't, all I ask for is that you tell me if it helped you and a thanks(and please report all bugs).

Known Bugs:
  • Can't replace all icons. I had a better hook, that didn't use the ressource api, but it didn't work on launchers, only in normal apps. Unicon has this issue as well, so i think it's not my fault.

Changelog:

1.0:
  • Initial release
1.0.1:
  • Added a search field to the app list
  • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)

Attachments

• xSuite_10.apk
    320.2 KB · Views: 5,191
  • xSuite_101.apk
    328.2 KB · Views: 21,101
Last edited:

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
I can't browse to any of my icon packs, so no icon changing for me. And changed some names, rebooted, but no visible changes (in Nova Launcher, nor in app)

Sent from my GT-i9505

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
I can't browse to any of my icon packs, so no icon changing for me. And changed some names, rebooted, but no visible changes (in Nova Launcher, nor in app)

Sent from my GT-i9505

Its meant for overriding unicon to example. Did you activate the module? Does the xposed log say something? Did you do a full reboot or only a soft? And are the settings showed correctly in the app after closing?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
Settings are correct after a full reboot. In /settings /apps the changed names show up. But not in Nova launcher.

I don't understand what you mean regarding the icons. I don't use Unicon. I was in fact the one reporting the app for violating xda rules for it only had a payed version and thus used xda only as an advertising platform.

Sent from my GT-i9505

Reactions: Sanket2112

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Settings are correct after a full reboot. In /settings /apps the changed names show up. But not in Nova launcher.

I don't understand what you mean regarding the icons. I don't use Unicon. I was in fact the one reporting the app for violating xda rules for it only had a payed version and thus used xda only as an advertising platform.

Sent from my GT-i9505

Apex launcher to example seems to cache the names, you may need to delete the launcher cache. Please also check if the name in the drawer is correct. When talking about unicon i meant that you can use my tool to override icons from packs you dont like.

HassanM

Aug 29, 2012
Doent change any names even after activating the module and reboot specially after changing names.... im on Galaxy s4....

Plz look into it....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

AllSeeyinEye

Dec 16, 2011
Apex launcher to example seems to cache the names, you may need to delete the launcher cache. Please also check if the name in the drawer is correct. When talking about unicon i meant that you can use my tool to override icons from packs you dont like.

Emptied Nova's cache and restarted Nova, but it didn't work. Guess I have to manually change names in Nova.

Icons are still a mystery to me. Please explain how to change a single icon with your app. I understand how Unicon works, even though I'm not using it. It's just two or three icons I want to change.

If I click 'change icon', a pop up appears asking for a path. I can't select any icons in one of the icon packs I've got installed, nor can I select the icons of preinstalled apps.

Sent from my GT-i9505

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Doent change any names even after activating the module and reboot specially after changing names.... im on Galaxy s4....

Plz look into it....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4 - Hassan K. Malik

S4 here too. It does work, the name changing, but not on Nova.

Sent from my GT-i9505

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Found a solution for the names in Nova. In Nova settings go to Look and Feel, change icon pack and it refreshes all icons and names.

Sent from my GT-i9505

Reactions: dlt0rre and sulpher

theknut

May 4, 2009
www.theknut.de
Hi OP, will you share your source code as well? Since you don't want donations there is no need to hide your source code. Especially in the Xposed community it's not adviced to install modules without knowledge of the code. I know many, including me, who don't install closed source modules.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: cadarn07

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Emptied Nova's cache and restarted Nova, but it didn't work. Guess I have to manually change names in Nova.

Icons are still a mystery to me. Please explain how to change a single icon with your app. I understand how Unicon works, even though I'm not using it. It's just two or three icons I want to change.

If I click 'change icon', a pop up appears asking for a path. I can't select any icons in one of the icon packs I've got installed, nor can I select the icons of preinstalled apps.

Sent from my GT-i9505

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Sent from my GT-i9505

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

Found a solution for the names in Nova. In Nova settings go to Look and Feel, change icon pack and it refreshes all icons and names.

Sent from my GT-i9505

Atm you can only change the icon with a png or jpg, but it will be enhanced. I had to wipe the entire data of nova, so i think they are saving it differently, will look into this.

Hi OP, will you share your source code as well? Since you don't want donations there is no need to hide your source code. Especially in the Xposed community it's not adviced to install modules without knowledge of the code. I know many, including me, who don't install closed source modules.
I thought i put it into the post, but i am going to publish the source once the logger is completet &(!) i understand how to use git without breaking my workspace. I can understand you, but i am really not interested in doing malicous stuff(lol).

EDIT: nova launcher has a special table in his launcher.db for storing the name and icon of an app. If you find a way to delete only this table the problem would be solved.

Last edited:
G

GuestK0036

Hi @GalaxyInABox, your module works great on my phone with Apex Launcher, thank a lot!
xRenamer didn't work but with this one it's ok!
I noticed errors in debug log I don't know why, you find debug log below if you have need.

Last edited:

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Hi @GalaxyInABox, your module works great on my phone with Apex Launcher, thank a lot!
xRenamer didn't work but with this one it's ok!
I noticed errors in debug log I don't know why, you find debug log below if you have need.

Well, i just noticed a similiar message in my log, seems like i forgot to put the code casting param.thisObject into my desired object into a try block. Will fix this tommorow. Thanks for reporting!

steelew

May 14, 2012
Tigard

Sent from my GT-i9505

Sent from my GT-i9505

Sent from my GT-i9505

Same here. Works on GEL but not Nova. Its kind of fine that it doesn't work on Nova because Nova can already change the icons and GEL cannot. 1 request though, can you add a file picker to choose icons? As it is, I use ES file explorer to copy the whole file path then paste it into xsuite and it takes forever. Thank you for this module. It already does more than xrenamer.

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Same here. Works on GEL but not Nova. Its kind of fine that it doesn't work on Nova because Nova can already change the icons and GEL cannot. 1 request though, can you add a file picker to choose icons? As it is, I use ES file explorer to copy the whole file path then paste it into xsuite and it takes forever. Thank you for this module. It already does more than xrenamer.

The little dialog is actually only transitional solution until i find a solution to either send an intent to a file manager to show a picker AND returning it to the DetailActivity or until i write an own picker(which i have no idea how do, to be honest). But its definetly a thing we need!

steelew

May 14, 2012
Tigard
The little dialog is actually only transitional solution until i find a solution to either send an intent to a file manager to show a picker AND returning it to the DetailActivity or until i write an own picker(which i have no idea how do, to be honest). But its definetly a thing we need!

Thanks for the response. I just restarted after changing a bunch of icons and so far the only icon that didn't change was hangouts. This module seems to work well for GEL with XGELS installed.

giuliomvr

May 16, 2013
Cologne
Thanks for the response. I just restarted after changing a bunch of icons and so far the only icon that didn't change was hangouts. This module seems to work well for GEL with XGELS installed.

Thats nice! Once i find a developer who can tell me this one little thing, hangouts will be changeable as well :)

steelew

May 14, 2012
Tigard
questions

Does anyone know what size icons to use with touchwiz launcher? I used 144px icons for Nova and GEL with no problem but on the stock touchwiz launcher, they are tiny. Thanks

Samsung Galaxy S4 i337, 4.3 rooted stock.

sulpher

Aug 2, 2008
Awesome work!! Worked flawlessly for me... All it took was a reboot and a cache clear and boom it is renaming apps that xrenamer couldnt. Even on nova! Thx a bunch for this~

mattdm

Dec 31, 2011
I noticed that Hangouts renamed fine in the app drawer, but when I open it, it still says "Hangouts" in the header. Will this be changeable?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xSuite

Features(At the moment):
    • Change the name of your app throughout your entire device
    • Change the icon of your app throughout your entire device
    • Disable the AudioFocus function

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-05-14-22-01-10.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-20.jpgScreenshot_2014-05-14-22-03-55.png

Requirements:

Installation:
    1. Install the app.
    2. Activate the module in the xposed settings.
    3. Change whatever you want.
    4. Reboot.

Permissions:

• KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES to restart the launcher
    • READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE and WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE to load icons

Usage:
    Simply open the app, wait for the list to load(which takes an eternity, i know) and either press the settings button to disable the audiofocus function or click an app to rename/change icon.
    To avoid the loading, you can also go to the detail view by opening the app info and pressing on the name(thanks to MohammadAG!).
    Changes will be applied when restarting the device.
    The app can rename ANY app and change the icon of almost any(5 out of 150 apps).
    And it is able to disable the audiofocus, now your music won't stop when you accidently open a youtube link.

Download:
    • Xposed Repo: Click
    • Via XDA: Under the post

Thanks to:
    • rovo89 for the xposed framework and his support! Danke!
    • MohammadAG for his support and allowing me to use his "Shortcut in App Info" module!

Features to come:
    • Make the audiofocus changable per app.
    • Integrate the resOverloader module by babuilyas with an ui.
    • Whatever you suggest(and is possible).
    • Was going to put it on google play, but well, 25 euros.
    • I'm going to translate it to german. ^^

Please read this as well:
    As I pointed out before, i'm developing this as a hobby. I am not a developer, i'm going to school and doing this for fun.
    Someone asked me whether I want donations. No I, don't, all I ask for is that you tell me if it helped you and a thanks(and please report all bugs).

Known Bugs:
    • Can't replace all icons. I had a better hook, that didn't use the ressource api, but it didn't work on launchers, only in normal apps. Unicon has this issue as well, so i think it's not my fault.

Changelog:

1.0:
    • Initial release
    1.0.1:
    • Added an icon picker(only use icons, if they are shown correctly in the picker as well!)

Agreed, resflux is a different beast, and definitely not what I'm looking for to replace this app. I'd rather just have a small update with a new official name. I liked the alias idea, maybe xAlias, Xposed Alias, or the like

Even Resflux still can't change the Hangouts icon though. Have you worked out that problem yet?

Also, your app is a LOT more user friendly than Resflux is. I think having both of them around is a good idea, because they appeal to different users with different levels of experience.

Okay guys, you convinced me. Most of the code was finished. I'm gonna simplify it a little(learned something about dependecy injection) and make this awesome(just kidding, lol)

"Alias" is a great name concept for this module.

And thats (still) an awesome name, i'm gonna stick with it :)
    Hi just downloaded this module, can you implement where when I'm choosing icon I can chose from an icon pack not from the file explorer? It is hustle to decompress an icon pack apk just to choose an icon
    +1 Will be nice to have an option to apply a whole icon pack or choose an icon form a pack without unzipping the apk. (we need it even more as Unicon is not updated for so long and it is no more working with latest xposed)

Its in the next version(its a complete rewrite so it takes some time).

This is, in my opinion, the coolest xposed module out there. So awesome.

Eagerly awaiting the next version so I can change the Hangouts icon! :D

Yay thanks :D

If i enable "Disable AudioFocus" option i lost music player control in lockscreen

lol. didn't even notice. In my opinion thats amazing haha

Today I managed to break my hand(lol), so I can't develop that much in the next week, but it's coming guys! :D
    eg. I can change the icon of greenify app but cannot change the "greenify now" widget icon

Do you know where the icon is linked? Like if it is defined in androidmanifest.xml?

its strange, i cant found this app on system/app :confused:
    if in nova launcher i do "App Info" on telephone app wich i use normally thw page opened " App Info" show me the "Contacts App" :confused:
    i tryed also to found in system/app the "Contact App" but i cant found it, the only app with telephone icon is "LGTelephonyProvider.apk.
    im a little bit confused :(
    waht i must to do? what do you need now? :good:

Take a look at system/app-priv or something like that. I dont really know where they hide all the manufactures apks, but i remember that there was a directory like that.

I'm having an issue with this app on my Note 3, running Jedi TouchWiz with Apex launcher.

I can't change icons, I type in the location of the icon I would like to use in place of the stock one but the OK button won't light up and allow me to select it...

I dont really onderstand what you mean by that. Can you attach an image of what you did?

The only library I can find for this that seems to be getting updates is androidsvg https://code.google.com/p/androidsvg/ it also includes a license so if your looking this might be a good place to start.

Thank you for looking for this! It seems pretty stable and easy to implement. Well, i need to read the entire license(and i'm neither an native english speaker nor a laywer and it seems confusing to me). I mean, you never know, maybe i will ask for donations at one point of time and removing features then is not what i want.

Still no luck on my s3/s4 in terms of changing names....:banghead:

Also still not in lists, like xSuite?

And regarding further development: before someone complains about my 'refusal to implement features people have requested' i have to say that i need to rewrite some of the code to allow me to make add the features. This simply takes time, i never worked with android before and have to read a lot of the documentation, which takes time. And of course school takes time, social life takes time, some day i am able to put 3 hours of work into the app, some day not a single one.

xSuite 1.0.1 is out!

New features: